10-03-12 09:03 AM
58 123
tools
    Did u order it?
    i ordered one from puremobile for $16 incl taxes & shipping! it should arrive tuesday
    Nickerz likes this.
    09-17-11 03:58 PM
    hopefully, these pics will help... i really like how it snaps on with the top. it is a little slippery though. that's the only con for me.
    dude those pics were awesome! this is way better than my , especially the top portion! never seen a Torch case with such a slim footprint on the top. fantastic.

can't wait for mine to arrive on Tuesday!
    Last edited by the brother; 09-17-11 at 04:39 PM.
    holz75 likes this.
    09-17-11 03:59 PM
    yeah, i really love it more and more each day... it makes it feel like it's just the phone rather than feeling like a phone with a case on it, if that makes any sense!? the fit is amazing.
    09-17-11 07:35 PM
    Good to hear! Cant wait to get mine.
    09-18-11 06:51 AM
    i will try to post some pics when mine arrives too!
    09-18-11 09:51 AM
    Just recieved mine today and it is by far the best built case for the 9800/9810! Its NOT bulky fits in the oem holster with ease. And it doesnt cause any screen wobble or play whatsoever. Very pleased with this case. I've tried the otterbox commuter ,Agf grt,casemate barely there. Like this one better by far.
    09-19-11 02:35 PM
    hey i just noticed this case is in the crackberry store too! anyone get this yet?!?!

BlackBerry Hard Shell Case for Torch 9810, 9800 - Black - CrackBerry Canada
    i ordered one from puremobile for $16 incl taxes & shipping! it should arrive tuesday
    Thanks for the tip, I just placed my order with PureMobile.com too! I was worried at first b/c the pic only shows the bottom case but then I read your earlier post about calling them and confirming it comes with the complete kit. The only thing about the Model # on this one is it ends in ...101 and the one on ebay ended in 301 I think.

My grand total came to $18.09, probably b/c they are shipping from NY to CA.
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 09-20-11 at 01:11 PM.
    09-20-11 01:38 AM
    Thanks for the tip, I just placed my order with PureMobile.com too! I was worried at first b/c the pic only shows the bottom case but then I read your earlier post about calling them and confirming it comes with the complete kit. The only thing about the Model # on this one is it ends in ...101 and the one on ebay ended in 301 I think.

My grand total came to $19.09, probably b/c they are shipping from NY to CA.
    Hey Nick! Mine arrived last night and I am really sorry I haven't posted my pics yet. But FYI, it came with both pieces, in OEM packaging (see pic) and was delivered a day early via UPS. Luckily someone was home because the @$% driver left it on the front step! My total was just under $16 CAD, shipped from Montreal, QB I believe...

Now to the fit/form factor. OMG! why is RIM hiding this GEM!?!?! It's the best fitting, low profile case ever built for a Torch. As far I know, it is the only OEM case built for the 9800/9810 on the market. If this was sold in stores I am quite sure it would outsell the CaseMates, Mobi's, OtterBoxes of this type.

You will not be dissappointed. Please let us know when it arrives and share your impressions!
    anon(73368) and holz75 like this.
    09-20-11 01:00 PM
    Hey Nick! Mine arrived last night and I am really sorry I haven't posted my pics yet. But FYI, it came with both pieces, in OEM packaging (see pic) and was delivered a day early via UPS. Luckily someone was home because the @$% driver left it on the front step! My total was just under $16 CAD, shipped from Montreal, QB I believe...

Now to the fit/form factor. OMG! why is RIM hiding this GEM!?!?! It's the best fitting, low profile case ever built for a Torch. As far I know, it is the only OEM case built for the 9800/9810 on the market. If this was sold in stores I am quite sure it would outsell the CaseMates, Mobi's, OtterBoxes of this type.

You will not be dissappointed. Please let us know when it arrives and share your impressions!

Sweet! Glad to hear this case fits so well!

I mistyped...my grand total was $18.09 - sounds like a great deal on a great case!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 01:10 PM
    Just recieved mine today and it is by far the best built case for the 9800/9810! Its NOT bulky fits in the oem holster with ease. And it doesnt cause any screen wobble or play whatsoever. Very pleased with this case. I've tried the otterbox commuter ,Agf grt,casemate barely there. Like this one better by far.
    It fits in the OEM holster?? Is this a holster that you were perhaps using with a 9800 for a while before getting the 9810, and so it's been stretched out a fair amount?

I don't mean to sound incredulous, but the OEM holster and its brother the OEM pocket pouch are fairly snug fitting, and I can't imagine a 9810 clad in a hardshell case -- no matter how slim fitting -- being able to squeeze into one.
    09-20-11 04:38 PM
    I'm using a 9650 oem holster with the shell and fits just fine.
    09-20-11 05:07 PM
    It fits in the OEM holster?? Is this a holster that you were perhaps using with a 9800 for a while before getting the 9810, and so it's been stretched out a fair amount?

I don't mean to sound incredulous, but the OEM holster and its brother the OEM pocket pouch are fairly snug fitting, and I can't imagine a 9810 clad in a hardshell case -- no matter how slim fitting -- being able to squeeze into one.

Just to be clear, we are talking about these holsters, right...
    - 9810 Swivel Holster
    - 9810 Pocket Pouch Holster

...as I'm thinking about getting the Swivel Holster and want to make sure this puts the 9810 to sleep when holstered.

I'm using a 9650 oem holster with the shell and fits just fine.
    Does your holster for the 9650 put your 9810 to sleep when you holster it?
    09-20-11 05:19 PM
    - 9810 Swivel Holster

...as I'm thinking about getting the Swivel Holster and want to make sure this puts the 9810 to sleep when holstered.

No it doesnt but I dont see a big diff in battery life anyways. I had a few 9650 leather holsters left from my previous bold that works fine
    Nickerz likes this.
    09-20-11 05:26 PM
    Does this case cause any scratches on the bezel? And is it difficult to remove? I found that a lot of the hard cases are impossible to take off, especially the top slider piece.
    09-20-11 11:18 PM
    No scratches yet it fits the phone perfectly. And its way easier to take off than the agf grt or the casemate. very pleased with it so far.
    09-21-11 09:13 AM
    perfect...i hated the GRT because i felt like I was going to break my slider off everytime I tried to take it off. Gonna order this one today. Also, found another place that seemed a little cheaper than Puremobile. The case itself is a few dollars more, but shipping was only 1.99 for the entire order.

RIM BlackBerry Torch 9800 OEM Hardshell & Skin - Black -TheCellGuru.com

$13.27 shipped.
    09-21-11 10:39 AM
    Looks like shipping to Canada on cellguru is like $7? works out MORE than puremobile for me!
    Last edited by the brother; 09-21-11 at 03:07 PM.
    09-21-11 02:55 PM
    - 9810 Swivel Holster

Nick, the 9000 leather holster works but my preference is the one from the 8300 Curve! This one is sexy, elegant, padded and doesn't look like faux leather. you could probably find a cheap one on ebay!

also there's this:

"...we are happy to announce that the original BlackBerry Storm leather swivel holster works perfectly with the Torch as well, including sleeper function. Not only that, but the Storm holster is an "old school" holster meaning it really looks and feels like leather and is a proven value which should hold up much longer than the original BB Torch holster."

BlackBerry Leather Holster for Torch 9800, 9810 + Free Compatible BlackBerry Holster for Torch - CrackBerry Canada

not sure if they meant to say Curve?!?!
    Nickerz likes this.
    09-21-11 03:04 PM
    will that fit with the OEM case on?
    09-21-11 03:51 PM
    here are my pics of the case on the phone.
    09-22-11 04:25 PM
    Plus I like how it doesnt effect the trackpad or top row keys like other cases.
    09-22-11 05:57 PM
    I just got my case and I have to agree, it is the best fitting case for the Torch. Extremely low profile and it does not interfere with the trackpad or top row keys. It is a little flimsy, so I wouldn't expect too much protection when dropped on concrete or in extreme situations. But should do fine if dropped on a desk or lighter surfaces such as wood floors or indoors.
    09-28-11 05:03 PM
    My case came today too, delivered this morning! Fits like a glove and looks good. There is no interference with my keyboard and the trackpad works perfect. I'm very happy with it. I still like the naked look but this is definitely the next best thing. Don't have another camera with me at work but I took a pic of the box it came in.
    09-28-11 07:20 PM
    Clearly the best case for the torch! Had mine for almost a week and it smokes the commuter,agf grt,Casemate.
    09-28-11 07:46 PM
    My case came today too, delivered this morning! Fits like a glove and looks good. There is no interference with my keyboard and the trackpad works perfect. I'm very happy with it. I still like the naked look but this is definitely the next best thing. Don't have another camera with me at work but I took a pic of the box it came in.
    interesting...my packaging only had English printed on it.
    09-28-11 09:37 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD