hey i have just had my torch for a couple weeks now and i been using the phone bare with no case or anything... but i am looking to get a screen protector for my phone.. although i like the phone with nothing on it feels good in the hands but i do wanna get a case or a holster for my phone.. i have seen the swivel holster for the torch and it looks really nice and i wanted to get one for mine but then when i look on the best buy site and the reviews on the product.. even on crackberry the reviews on the leather holster alot of ppl say that after a few months with using it it will start to break and come apart.. its really making me skeptical about gettin the swivel holster dont wanna waste my money on something thats gonna break a couple months down the line... does anyone out there recommend the case or have one and have bad experience with it let me know.. much appreciated thanks

05-18-11 07:24 PM
    I'm using a 88xx series OEM swivel holster and have no cracking or peeling yet
    Same case for the last 3 years.
    At any case, they will eventually break at the flap, but at a price range between 5-15 at amazon, you can't go wrong.
    05-18-11 07:34 PM
    if you get an genuwine OEM holster, it will last a long time, and you will enjoy it. if you get one on ebay for $2.99 with free shipping, it will fall apart very quick...

as for screen protectors, i would recomend the wrapsol screen protector (not the full body kit...

Very transparent, and solid.. again, you can get 3 on eBay for $0.99, but you will get what you pay for...
    05-18-11 07:42 PM
    if you get an genuwine OEM holster, it will last a long time, and you will enjoy it. if you get one on ebay for $2.99 with free shipping, it will fall apart very quick...
    yeah i get what u are saying but look at all these customers review about the swivel holster for the torch its really bad so i dont know if i should get it or not

BlackBerry Leather Holster for Torch 9800 - CrackBerry Canada

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Swivel Leather Holster (ACC32837301) - Black : BlackBerry Cases & Skins - Future Shop

BlackBerry Leather Swivel Holster for 9800 Torch (ACC32837301) - Black : BlackBerry Cases - Best Buy Canada
    05-18-11 07:53 PM
    i get what you're saying... it also depends who's writing the review... if someonw working in construction uses a leather holster, yes it will fall apart...

if you take your phone out of the holster every 20 seconds to play with it, it will probablly fall apart as well...

it all depends on the application... I work in an office, check my device every 15-20 minutes while inthe office, and less oftern @ home, have had the OEM holster for5 months, with no issues....

if you want to take it camping, hiking, and on the construction site, i would recomend the otterbox, or the AGF ENDO case + Holster...
    05-18-11 07:56 PM
    i get what you're saying... it also depends who's writing the review... if someonw working in construction uses a leather holster, yes it will fall apart...

if you take your phone out of the holster every 20 seconds to play with it, it will probablly fall apart as well...

it all depends on the application... I work in an office, check my device every 15-20 minutes while inthe office, and less oftern @ home, have had the OEM holster for5 months, with no issues....

if you want to take it camping, hiking, and on the construction site, i would recomend the otterbox, or the AGF ENDO case + Holster...

Also, out of the 5 people on the future stop site who wrote reviews, and complained, think of how many people bought it, and had no issues... these days, everyone is very quick to complain, but does not give compliments / credit when it's due...
    05-18-11 07:58 PM
    I don't know if you've already found one but if it helps, the magnets in an 8800 case match up to the torch screen. I had trouble finding the style of holster that I wanted, so I put my Torch into the holster I used with my 8800 and 97xx just for protection until I could find one, and hey what do you know, it put the screen to sleep! A holster for an 8800 will be $1.99 on eBay/Amazon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 08:06 PM
    Also, out of the 5 people on the future stop site who wrote reviews, and complained, think of how many people bought it, and had no issues... these days, everyone is very quick to complain, but does not give compliments / credit when it's due...
    when u put it that way that is a good point.. and i use to have a holster for my bold 9000 and i say i only use it when i am going out and stuff to have my phone on me and i dont take it out and put it in every second.. but yeah thanks those are good points i guess i should just get one and see how it works for me
    05-18-11 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD