So i got really tired of the loss of screen display quality and the damn blurry lines that go across the screen when i'm using the phone, especially on the white backgrounds (aka the text messages or long emails). It eventually gave me a headache every time i needed to look at the screen for long periods of times. So i had switched over from a storm phone and thought this trick could help for people who just want a normal screen protector. I took the privacy protector off my tour and stuck it onto the storms normal screen protector. I used an x-acto knife or carpenters knife and carefully cut the storm screen protector into the shape of the privacy protector. It was pretty easy since the privacy protector literally stuck onto the storm protector. Just takes a little bit of patients and accurate handicraft. I got it so perfect and it fits my tour perfectly.

Basically this is a "fix" for people with privacy protectors, u can just go out and buy the storm screen protectors. If you mess up... u have 3 chances... if you dont... well now you have 2 more screen protectors u can cut up and use for future use. And for those who want screen protectors without using water... this is a pretty good method. I mean it took me two tries (1st try i used scissors which = bad idea because it's not as accurate and got a really really crooked screen protector). But the screen is just so much clearer and better :-). No more headaches when reading long email messages or browsing the web forums for awhile.
    08-05-09 11:57 PM
    noone likes my method? lol
    08-06-09 08:18 AM
    This is great!

However, this idea has been going around for awhile now. Verizon reps in store are evening willing to cut it for u if you ask them, that way you dont mess anything up!
    08-06-09 08:21 AM
    I have a better idea.....rip that piece of crap off and replace with a clear screen protector.
    08-06-09 08:24 AM
    I have a better idea.....rip that piece of crap off and replace with a clear screen protector.
    Exactly. That privacy protector scratches like no one's business. Just ordered a pack of high denisity clear screen protectors that will not scratch up.
    08-06-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD