03-15-09 08:47 PM
34 12
tools
    This will be sac religeous to those of you who worship at the feet of the Great and Powerful Seidio. Believe me I know, I was there. Their products with the curve are fantastic. And if you read the Seidio threads here carefully when it comes to the storm if you critisize at all you must then say 10 hail Mary's and then mention their great customer service. Sorry, I tried the innocase II and it was expensive and difficult to take off. Then I tried the innocase I and could not get the case off without putting pressure on the storm and possible damaging it. I called to get instructions on how to take it off and they never returned my call twice (yes SeidoSeido) twice. I read on one of the threads that after you pull it on and off a few times it gets easier. And yes that is true.....what I didn't know was that means that when the phone is dropped the frames just pop off and are of no use. For 50 bucks including the holster I expect more. I don't want to hear about how great they look. I bought it for protection. If I don't care about that, I won't have anything on the storm...that will look the best. And while I am on this road to **** (I know you will all kill me for being so crass), The frame is cheap plastic and the top part doesn't even have felt so as not to scratch the top of the phone. We all want to justify in our own minds our expensive purchases but as their rep SeidoSeido said on a thread he personally uses the iphone. The products for the storm are not ready for prime time but they charge like they are. Yes their batteries are great.
    01-24-09 05:44 PM
    I was also disappointed with my purchase with them...
    01-24-09 05:48 PM
    dude chill out. what i dont understand is why do you people keep taking off your case?
    01-24-09 05:49 PM
    Wrong forum. You want the rants and raves forum... Or even the more generalized BB accessories review forum.
    01-24-09 05:53 PM
    because when the phone freezes you can't do anything but a battery pull. And when you manually soft reset. Sometimes it gets stuck of the media card inserted so you HAVE to do a battery pull.
    01-24-09 05:54 PM
    dude chill out. what i dont understand is why do you people keep taking off your case?
    We "people" might want to do a battery pull.
    This seidio review is solely for the storm products.
    there are TWO free apps called Quickpull and soft reset and they both work well. there is no reason to do a physical pull.
    01-24-09 05:57 PM
    there are TWO free apps called Quickpull and soft reset and they both work well. there is no reason to do a physical pull.
    I use quick pull, but when it reboots and freezes on the media card inserted screen you have to pull the battery. But either way, if the case is not effective once it is put on and off a few times, what is the point?
    01-24-09 06:01 PM
    How about the 1600 battery? Please tell me that's ok.
    01-24-09 06:29 PM
    Yes it is more difficult to remove than the one on my Pearl. However I find no difference in the quality of the Innocase on my Storm or Pearl. It is easier after some use as you say but so was the one on my Pearl and both may pop off if the phone is dropped. It is still in my opinion the best case I have used.

Regarding their customer service, I think you get the best service by e-mailing their support. I had to due to a wrongly packed shipment. The respsonse from the customer service unit could not have been any better...it was fantastic.
    01-24-09 06:44 PM
    I got no problem taking my case off. And I've dropped my phone a few times and ot protected it. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 07:13 PM
    I absolutely love my innocase 1 and holster. Although, I have only taken it off twice, both without difficulty. Sorry to hear you're having problems. It's pricey, but I think worth it. Phone feels protected and holster is very secure.
    01-24-09 08:24 PM
    Had to send mine back the rubberized coating was peeling off,still waiting for a replacement has been a week now.Sure they are in no rush to send my new on they allready got my money
    01-24-09 08:50 PM
    How bout you guys quit offering alternatives and work a rounds. The fact is that the case is poorly designed and his angst is warranted. Quit trying to down play it.
    01-24-09 09:08 PM
    As I learned from someone else on this forum, turn your radios off before you do a quickpull and you won't get the media card problem.

01-24-09 10:14 PM
    I got the 1600 Seidio battery from Crackberry. So far I have been very disappointed in it. It lasts less time than my original battery. Can't even get through 8 hrs at work without the battery completely dying. Plus it is hard to remove, it is a very tight fit, and the "grooves" on the sides to catch and pull it out with are nearly nonexistent, I've been having to get a tool to help me catch the edge and pull it out. Maybe the storm is to blame for it's drain on the battery, it certainly has had it's problems. But, this battery is made specifically for the storm...I'm running .90
    01-24-09 11:10 PM
    I use quick pull, but when it reboots and freezes on the media card inserted screen you have to pull the battery. But either way, if the case is not effective once it is put on and off a few times, what is the point?
    Exactly. What's worse is: 1. that it gets easier b/c the tiny rubber tabs are getting worn down. This 'case' after 2 days of use provided no protection from a waist level fall. The case fell off and left the storm unprotected. 2. It is actually scratching the top and sides of my Stom with use and will likely result in permanent marking across the top.

Sorry guys this is a FAIL.
    01-24-09 11:19 PM
    As I learned from someone else on this forum, turn your radios off before you do a quickpull and you won't get the media card problem.

OS often bugs and resets the phone - so there is no time to turn the radio off. Any BB case must be made to allow for numerous battery pulls w/o weakening. Especially a case that has to be removed to use the OEM docking station.

Next stop Otterbox.
    01-24-09 11:22 PM
    How bout you guys quit offering alternatives and work a rounds. The fact is that the case is poorly designed and his angst is warranted. Quit trying to down play it.
    I don't even have the case, but still have to say - in your OPINION it is poorly designed. The vast majority of people that have their cases love them.
    01-25-09 07:41 PM
    This will be sac religeous to those of you who worship at the feet of the Great and Powerful Seidio. Believe me I know, I was there.
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Their products with the curve are fantastic. And if you read the Seidio threads here carefully when it comes to the storm if you critisize at all you must then say 10 hail Mary's and then mention their great customer service. Sorry, I tried the innocase II and it was expensive and difficult to take off. Then I tried the innocase I and could not get the case off without putting pressure on the storm and possible damaging it. I called to get instructions on how to take it off and they never returned my call twice (yes SeidoSeido) twice. I read on one of the threads that after you pull it on and off a few times it gets easier. And yes that is true.....what I didn't know was that means that when the phone is dropped the frames just pop off and are of no use. For 50 bucks including the holster I expect more. I don't want to hear about how great they look. I bought it for protection. If I don't care about that, I won't have anything on the storm...that will look the best. And while I am on this road to **** (I know you will all kill me for being so crass), The frame is cheap plastic and the top part doesn't even have felt so as not to scratch the top of the phone. We all want to justify in our own minds our expensive purchases but as their rep SeidoSeido said on a thread he personally uses the iphone. The products for the storm are not ready for prime time but they charge like they are. Yes their batteries are great.
    Seriously though, I am sorry you're unhappy with your case for whatever reason. While many may disagree with your opinion, you're obviously entitled to it.

I can assure you that this case was made with the exact same material and quality as our Curve product. Our Innocase was never designed as an Otterbox type, but to be as protective as possible against daily bumps and bruises while adding as little bulk as possible.

It sounds like a larger Otterbox case would be more appropriate for you. If you'll email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com, I'll see what I can do about taking your case back for a refund.

Thanks,

P.S.

...but as their rep SeidoSeido said on a thread he personally uses the iphone...
    Not sure why this was important, but just to clear it up, I have an iPhone and two Blackberry Curves.
    01-26-09 03:37 PM
    Had to send mine back the rubberized coating was peeling off,still waiting for a replacement has been a week now.Sure they are in no rush to send my new on they allready got my money
    Ludewick,
    I'm sure Customer Service will ship out your replacment as soon as they receive yours. If you'll email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com I'll be happy to check on this for you.

Thanks,
    01-26-09 03:55 PM
    I love my Inno 1 case and holster. I will admit every time I have to do a batter pulls I get the willies! It's a pain atm with some of the Os firmwares. They have a great product nonetheless .
    01-26-09 04:01 PM
    I got the 1600 Seidio battery from Crackberry. So far I have been very disappointed in it. It lasts less time than my original battery. Can't even get through 8 hrs at work without the battery completely dying. Plus it is hard to remove, it is a very tight fit, and the "grooves" on the sides to catch and pull it out with are nearly nonexistent, I've been having to get a tool to help me catch the edge and pull it out. Maybe the storm is to blame for it's drain on the battery, it certainly has had it's problems. But, this battery is made specifically for the storm...I'm running .90
    Tina,

Please email your contact and original information to forum@seidio.com and I'll see that you get a replacement.

Thanks,
    01-26-09 04:20 PM
    This company does at least try to make things right, it would be better if you could talk directly to someone instead of through email
    01-27-09 07:01 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD