I know that there are other threads about this topic, but I'd like to touch on many topics that one individual thread hasn't covered.

1) I like the case, as it has done its job well. It has saved my phone from falling on concrete.

2) The front slider piece broke, so I contacted them. It took 3ish days for them to respond via email, but they were speedy at returning my replies. The entire process took about a week, and they shipped one to me free of charge. (Their customer service was pretty good.)

3) I have found that the bottom piece extrudes a bit too much and cause the keyboard to be cramped. I used a fine grit sand paper to resolve this issue.

4) I don't like the mundane, black color. Has anyone tried painting any of their cases?

5) The slider piece moves around a little bit. Therefore, if you don't keep it pristinely clean, it will leave micro scratches on the shiny part of the phone. To prevent it from moving so much, I used a couple pieces of double sided tape.

Hopefully this helps people!
    09-22-10 07:02 PM
    When I first dropped my Torch onto concrete it was in the commuter case and the screen broke. The front piece of the case popped off. When yours hit concrete did this happen too? Since it happened I've got it replaced and while I'm being much more careful now it'd really set me at piece to hear that what happened to me with the broken screen is unlikely.

On another note I do agree that the case does tend to scratch the bezel if you're not careful. I was thinking of some thin soft cloth material to line it with. If I do it right I figure I might be able to get a snug fit from it and keep it from moving around too much.
    09-22-10 09:47 PM
    It's a darth vader case. It makes the sleek Torch look like something from Star Wars. Mine is in the drawer, anyone want to buy it?
    09-22-10 10:37 PM
    @DVX: Haha- it is a Darth Vader case. That's why I want to try and paint it. I was thinking of just some kind of spray paint and doing 3 thin coats.

@Mochi: The slider piece actually broke when I was taking it off one day. The little lips on the top and bottom broke. I guess I was lucky that this happened, because I was so paranoid about having my Torch without a case, I used double sided tape to rig it on. A few days later is when I dropped it on concrete. I think the fact that it was on more securely with tape, is what saved the case from falling off.

I equate having a Torch without a case like having unprotected sex: It's so nice, but I'm scared to death what might happen!
    09-23-10 09:15 AM
    That top piece is trouble with a capital T. Count yourself lucky that you rigged the broken top piece up with tape before you dropped it, because it otherwise probably would have popped off and you would have been in Mr. Mochi's shoes.

I'm wondering if OtterBox actually tested this case. Doesn't sound like it. Doesn't matter to them, anyway, they expressly shield themselves from any liability.

The OB for the Torch is a condom with a hole in it.
    09-23-10 09:42 AM
    Mine sucks, the tabs that hold the front piece on snapped off after a few weeks
    09-23-10 11:28 AM
    i know ive probably said this like 10 times but i bought the AGF GRT case and im loving it...and the main reason i didnt go with the Otterbox IS because it is a darth vader case...such a beautiful phone and i have to cover it up in matte black? no thanks...the AGF GFT case adds nice protection and keeps a bit of a sexy look, it comes with 2 fronts a dark blue and a nice chrome kinda like the color thats already on the bezel of the torch...i think u might like this case if u tried it
    09-23-10 11:45 AM
    Mine sucks, the tabs that hold the front piece on snapped off after a few weeks
    Yeah- That's how mine was. I know it shouldn't be this way, but the tape really helped to keep it nice and secure. I like the fact that the OB has the rubber lining for extra protection. I haven't used any other cases, so I don't know any better.
    09-23-10 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD