04-16-10 08:21 PM
46 12
tools
    With This Case Can It Still Go In Th OEM Holster?
    yes, but it would be VERY tight, thats why Im using the OEM 9000 holster
    04-13-10 06:05 PM
    Had since launch day (11/16/09) using the 8900 oem pouch and zero scratches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 07:29 PM
    Had it naked before my Otter arrived and all was good, but now when I go back to naked it seems too small, haha. I would get used to it fairly quickly, but I like the extra width of the Otter and being able to chuck it around no problem.
    04-13-10 07:49 PM
    To be honest, at first I was so paranoid with my phone, it never left the Otterbox Commuter Series case.Then I realized how nice the phone looks on its own and decided to try it without the case and I realized "hey, its a just a phone. I have way too many other things to worry about. And voila the phone is now naked."
    04-13-10 08:03 PM
    I am a shiny freak and have the $10 bestskinever.com invisible shield , and when needed the ottebox impact.
    04-13-10 08:14 PM
    There is a tiny nick in my bezel that happened the day I got my phone. outside of that, no damage. I carry mine in my hand or in a pocket of my purse.
    04-13-10 08:16 PM
    I Just Use invisible Shield full body.
    04-13-10 08:30 PM
    I've had mine for three months and I've never put a case on it, and there are no scratches at all. I always make sure that my phone is the only thing in my pocket though...no keys, ink pens, loose change. One of the horizontal silver bars on the keyboard snapped just yesterday though...I have to assume it's from heavy typing, since I've never dropped it or set anything on it. That's nothing to do with the lack of case, though.
    04-14-10 11:44 AM
    IMHO, I'd recommend the OtterBox Bold Commuter Case for BlackBerry 9700 for many reasons.
    For a person like me who uses the device on a frequent basis, do tend to keep moving my device around (from my pocket to the table, and then back, and then on to another table ... you get the drift ).
    So within a matter of few weeks (this is without any case nor skin except the Blackberry Pouch), my top part of the bezel started showing signs of wear and tear, as in tiny scratches on it despite the extra care from preventing it from scratching on the surface.
    I think because the pouch just covered the bottom part leaving the top part exposed!
    What I'm trying to get at is, you just can’t prevent it from getting scratched (especially those tiniest of scratches which can irritate the living **** out of me. )
    So I had to look for a case and as in any case, there has to be a compromise between protection and phone functionality.
    You do need to see the screen and press the buttons.
    This is where OtterBox have got it right.
    The fit is perfect, and it's worth mentioning that the outer keyboard lock, standby, and camera buttons (i.e., the convenience keys) remain perfectly functional.
    The flexible silicon component of the case is far less tacky than others I have tried, so it does not gather so much pocket lint when compared to the other cases available in the market. It does fit the Blackberry 9700 just like a glove. It is not bulky and it still allows you to carry it around with ease. The hard shell prevents the silicon from being pulled off as you pull the phone from your pocket, something that happens far too easily with the Blackberry skin.
    It actually looks very good on the phone, as if it were part of it rather than an accessory.
    This case is worth every penny you will spend on it.
    Buy this and I can guarantee that you wont regret it as it offers the best protection available for its price range (although the price may seem to be on the premium side, but is cheaper than having to take an insurance on the cell phone!!)
    Overall I was extremely happy with my decision to go for it.
    This was my first otterbox purchase, and I am sure it will not be my last.
    Hope this was of help!

PS: After two weeks of use with the OtterBox, I did check the device for any further signs of wear and tear. But was amazed to see the phone was in the exact condition when I'd put the case onto it.
    Last edited by bbaddict9700; 04-14-10 at 01:56 PM.
    04-14-10 01:48 PM
    I've got the otterbox commuter and love it. Dont mind the extra bulk cuz I can pretty much not worry about my phone at all. Gonna get a 9000 holster soon.
    04-14-10 01:56 PM
    That's until you drop it....

04-14-10 09:47 PM
    Have been using my phone "naked" w/ OEM holster for about 2 months now, still looking good. ;-)

Ditto for me and the device is still "showroom condition"
    I only used the case about half the time, the other half was just in a pocket.
    No wear, no scratched, no visual sign of use at all.
    04-14-10 09:55 PM
    My friend has a case for this 9700 and the bezel has been scratched up pretty bad after a couple of weeks of use, presumably by the phone vibrating inside the case.

To those of you who DO NOT use a case and have owned the phone for more than two weeks, does your bezel still get scratched up (assuming you just keep the phone in your pocket, by itself!)?

Thanks!

I've had mine for 3 months and don't have any scratches yet.
    I don't have a case but I'm pretty careful with it ( I always check my pocket for change before putting it in lol) but it still looks brand new

04-14-10 10:00 PM
    Goin naked is the worst leaving your bold soooooo vulnerable

04-14-10 10:08 PM
    I was worried about a case at first but Ive had mine naked for 3 months now and not a scratch on it. Screen gets smudges on it from time to time but once i clean the screen it looks brand new!!!!!!
    04-15-10 04:52 AM
    mine still looks good, mind you it has only been a week... here hoping that continues to be the trend
    Last edited by marisco; 04-15-10 at 05:08 AM. Reason: sp
    04-15-10 05:08 AM
    3 months and still looking good. Holster is enough for me (always been careful with all my phones). Screen protector is a must.
    04-15-10 05:50 AM
    I guess as long as you keep it safe with you

04-15-10 09:03 PM
    Rockin the epik resin, and mine still looks new.

04-16-10 01:30 AM
    What is wrong with a beat up look to your phone - it still works and it is not as if you are likely to sell it on for the most part.

04-16-10 01:52 AM
    What about a mirror screen?

04-16-10 08:21 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD