04-16-10 08:21 PM
46 12
tools
    My friend has a case for this 9700 and the bezel has been scratched up pretty bad after a couple of weeks of use, presumably by the phone vibrating inside the case.

To those of you who DO NOT use a case and have owned the phone for more than two weeks, does your bezel still get scratched up (assuming you just keep the phone in your pocket, by itself!)?

Thanks!
    04-01-10 08:56 PM
    just my opinion-give the Incipio Silicrylic a look. Its a two piece case, eg it has a thin rubber membrane that goes on first, then a hard outer shell. Ive use Seidio before and it rubbed spots on the corners. Ive used this Incipio for three months, and when I take it out of the case, it looks as good as the day I bought it. I know the otter has this system, but this is more sleek and compact.
    04-01-10 09:12 PM
    I used the Capdase Soft Jacket Xpose case on my phone for over two weeks and it didn't scratch my phone, I have however decided to go "naked" and just use the BlackBerry Leather Pocket Pouch. I wouldn't advise just popping the phone into your pocket without any protection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 09:13 PM
    Have been using my phone "naked" w/ OEM holster for about 2 months now, still looking good. ;-)

04-01-10 09:17 PM
    I use the innocase 360 and have since december and it has not done anything to my bezel.

04-01-10 09:37 PM
    I've had my 9700 for a few weeks now. It rides nekkid in my pocket and it's scratch free
    04-01-10 09:44 PM
    Mine is naked, but I don't put it in my pocket that way. I use the OEM leather sleeve from my old 8320. I have some tiny dings on the chrome, no scratches. I've had the phone just about three months.

04-01-10 09:54 PM
    That's why I don't wanna buy a hard case for my bold. I usually use a gel case or just keep the phone naked in a pocket which there's nothing in it. So there won't get any scratches on it.

04-01-10 10:08 PM
    mine could pass as new, I have the Otterbox and 9000 oem case.
    Partners uses the same combo I really love the look of the phone naked but extra bulk is the well worth it. I have dropped mine loads of times and my heart doesn't even skip a beat.
    04-01-10 10:15 PM
    i've had mine for 4 months. its been naked the whole time and dropped a few times. she's a tough one, no major scratched or damage.
    04-01-10 10:23 PM
    Partners uses the same combo I really love the look of the phone naked but extra bulk is the well worth it. I have dropped mine loads of times and my heart doesn't even skip a beat.
    The trick is to try and kick it as it's falling. Well not really kick it, but try and soften the blow with your foot.
    04-01-10 10:31 PM
    Umm, from looking at my phone right now I don't see any scratches at all.
    04-01-10 10:36 PM
    i recently just purchased my otterbox so this title when soon no longer pertain to me!
    04-01-10 11:45 PM
    just my opinion-give the Incipio Silicrylic a look. Its a two piece case, eg it has a thin rubber membrane that goes on first, then a hard outer shell. Ive use Seidio before and it rubbed spots on the corners. Ive used this Incipio for three months, and when I take it out of the case, it looks as good as the day I bought it. I know the otter has this system, but this is more sleek and compact.
    With This Case Can It Still Go In Th OEM Holster?
    04-01-10 11:48 PM
    i think so...
    04-01-10 11:50 PM
    Have been using my phone "naked" w/ OEM holster for about 2 months now, still looking good. ;-)

Same here- wife has a case and has managed to get a few dings, mine is naked and remains perfect. I use the OEM holster while on the go. The thing to remember that it really comes down to how well you take care of your phone. Case or not, a few drops may give you some scratches. I take very good care of mine... heck, come to think of it, I treat it better than my laptop.
    04-02-10 01:01 AM
    i recommend the invisible shield for the screen about $20.00 plus life time warranty and the platinum case about $20-$24 w/holster. mines still looks brand new. i love the case cause its perfect it might be hard to take off but looks soo perfext with the phone and protects your phone.
    04-02-10 01:10 AM
    Thanks! Question: does the exposed rubber membrane get all grimy with dust and stuff? I used to have a generic rubber case but found that it gets all grimed up with dust and dirt from my pocket.
    04-13-10 12:29 PM
    I do not use a case. I think a lot of the cases are big and takes away from the stylish look of the 9700. No scratches at all.
    04-13-10 01:50 PM
    naked with oem holster, looks brand new 10/10
    04-13-10 01:52 PM
    I pretty much use it naked (with a screen protector on) and when not in use, it's in an OEM BB leather side case (The one with the little square stainless steel logo on it)

Not a single scratch or ding! -- Roughly 2 months old now.
    04-13-10 02:59 PM
    Mine's either naked or I'll use an OEM Silicone case once in a while. No scratches - except a couple from drops.

04-13-10 03:08 PM
    ===== QUOTE noelsolutions ====

===== /QUOTE ====

The trick is to try and kick it as it's falling. Well not really kick it, but try and soften the blow with your foot.
    LOL that really made my day! I'll remember to do that sometime, my phone falls quite a bit but I use the epik resin case so it doesn't matter

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-13-10 03:13 PM
    Fracking double post
    Last edited by rdyoung; 04-13-10 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Double Post
    04-13-10 04:51 PM
    I'm curious as well as to the durability of the 9700. I paid fullprice for mine and am not willing to risk throwing it at the wall. My first bb was the 8820 and I dropped it at work on linoleum about every other day, and it never had an issue. I dropped my second phone a refurbed 8900 and the screen went all wonky, reminded me of the old days on an apple IIe except not green.

So how tough exactly is the new 9700, I have been treating mine with kid gloves after the incident with the 8900.
    04-13-10 04:52 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD