01-31-09 10:30 AM
28 12
tools
    I'm considering the Seidio Innocase Hybrid (I need the grippy back or I'll fling it somewhere) but I'm concerned about the case itself scratching up the finish. I've never used a hard case on a phone before. Do Seidio cases fit well enough to not allow the phone to move at all and get scratched by the case?
    01-28-09 06:01 PM
    no the case will not scratch up your phone.
    01-28-09 06:02 PM
    Well that's good news. The idea makes me a bit nervous.
    01-28-09 06:26 PM
    I'm considering the Seidio Innocase Hybrid (I need the grippy back or I'll fling it somewhere) but I'm concerned about the case itself scratching up the finish. I've never used a hard case on a phone before. Do Seidio cases fit well enough to not allow the phone to move at all and get scratched by the case?
    Zazzified,

All cases are going to allow some particles inside regardless of how tight they are. I'd recommend that you simply remove it every few weeks, brush off anything that's under it, and put it back on. That's what I do with mine.

Thanks,
    01-28-09 06:56 PM
    Zazzified,

All cases are going to allow some particles inside regardless of how tight they are. I'd recommend that you simply remove it every few weeks, brush off anything that's under it, and put it back on. That's what I do with mine.

Thanks,
    Thanks for your response. I planned to do that and I do that with my silicone cases now, I just wanted to be sure that the cases themselves don't happen to be known for causing friction on their own that leads to scratching. As long as proper maintenance will prevent this that's good in my book. Are there any discounts going on other than getting a combo deal?
    01-28-09 07:30 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Innocase II have a soft lining inside? that should help as well.
    01-28-09 07:33 PM
    I was considering the hybrid, and I have no idea if the back half has a soft lining but the front is just clear plastic.
    01-28-09 07:37 PM
    All Storm Innocase's whether its I, II or hybrid, they all have a felt lining on the back cover. The front does not.
    01-28-09 07:50 PM
    I bought the Innocase II (black) last month as well as the spring clip holster. The case fits like a glove and is lined with velvet. I love the thing, and it fits so well that it doesn't move at all while inside the case.

I like it so much that I just ordered the same case, but in red. I just wanted another color to mix it up and give the phone a different look.

I can't recommend it highly enough. It's fantastic. The only thing about the hybrid, as you mentioned, is the front half is not lined. I don't know how that will affect the performance.

Doug
    01-28-09 07:51 PM
    Thanks guys. I wish someone with the hybrid would take real life pictures of their phone in the case and then I could make a decision, haha. It's always hard to tell in website pics in my opinion.

My only other concern is the top interfering with typing while in landscape.
    Last edited by zazzified; 01-28-09 at 08:04 PM.
    01-28-09 07:54 PM
    I bought the Innocase II (black) last month as well as the spring clip holster. The case fits like a glove and is lined with velvet. I love the thing, and it fits so well that it doesn't move at all while inside the case.

I like it so much that I just ordered the same case, but in red. I just wanted another color to mix it up and give the phone a different look.

I can't recommend it highly enough. It's fantastic. The only thing about the hybrid, as you mentioned, is the front half is not lined. I don't know how that will affect the performance.

Doug
    Hybrid would be the same as your Innocase II. If you look at the front of your Innocase II, its not lined. My Innocase I is not lined on the front.
    01-28-09 08:04 PM
    I've had the innocase for a little over a week now, and no problems at all!
    01-28-09 08:22 PM
    I've had the innocase for a little over a week now, and no problems at all!
    Which do you have? If you have the I or hybrid, does it interfere with your typing while in landscape?
    01-28-09 08:24 PM
    I have Innocase I, and no, it doesn't really interfere with typing at all. I don't really use landscape either though. I've just gotten used to SureType.
    01-28-09 08:40 PM
    The Inn 1 is a great case. The case and the holster is all you will ever need!
    01-28-09 08:44 PM
    The Inn 1 is a great case. The case and the holster is all you will ever need!
    What about you, any issues typing in landscape? I use landscape almost exclusively so if it interferes by being so close to the edge of the screen it may cause problems.
    01-28-09 08:53 PM
    What about you, any issues typing in landscape? I use landscape almost exclusively so if it interferes by being so close to the edge of the screen it may cause problems.
    Nothing to worry about. I use landscape exclusively and all the time. Only time I use portrait is to scroll through pages but when it comes to typing, its always landscape...even if its only to type "ok".
    01-28-09 09:15 PM
    Great, thank you! I'm like you... the only time I really use the portrait keyboard is when I am entering my unlock code.
    01-28-09 09:24 PM
    I dont even use portrait for entering my unlock code. That shows I'm a landscape person.
    01-28-09 09:41 PM
    I have the Innocase I and am not too happy with it. I bought the case knowing that I would drop the phone. Both times I dropped the phone the innocase popped off. First time wasn't a big deal but the second time I dropped my phone the case popped off and my phone got ****** up. Whats the point of the case if it is going to pop off and ruin your phone? I emailed seidio and haven't heard a response.

Just my .02
    01-28-09 09:48 PM
    I have the Innocase I and am not too happy with it. I bought the case knowing that I would drop the phone. Both times I dropped the phone the innocase popped off. First time wasn't a big deal but the second time I dropped my phone the case popped off and my phone got ****** up. Whats the point of the case if it is going to pop off and ruin your phone? I emailed seidio and haven't heard a response.

Just my .02
    Hmm, good to know. I'm certainly not doing it for looks so that's a problem.
    01-28-09 09:54 PM
    I dont even use portrait for entering my unlock code. That shows I'm a landscape person.
    That IS impressive!
    01-28-09 09:54 PM

Just my .02
    +1, that's why i dont want to get the innocase I or any cases like that. I like how the innocase ii slides on (won't bust open when dropped), but it doesn't provide top coverage. as i said in another thread, seidio needs to make a innocase iii that is put on the phone like the innocase ii but has top coverage like the innocase i.

a case like the incase slider for the iphone: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3025/...ec8cbfba87.jpg
    Last edited by gkwong; 01-29-09 at 01:43 AM.
    01-29-09 01:33 AM

Just my .02
    03phoenix,

I'm not sure when or where you sent your email, but you should receive a response within 48 hours. If you haven't heard anything we may have not received it.

Our case is designed to provide protection from normal bumps and bruises, but if you're prone to dropping your phone, you may need to consider our thicker FlexArmor case.

Please email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll have someone contact you.

Thanks,
    01-29-09 10:16 AM
    I have not noticed any scratching, I got the Seidio I with the holster a month or so ago. I got the grey case, I will say the case around the edges fo the screen are changing color. I dont know if its from the heat of the screen or what.
    01-31-09 08:28 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD