After having my Otterbox fail for my Torch, I started looking for a new one and ended up trying out the Trident Aegis. I wrote a review and thought I'd post it here just in case anyone had a few questions about it.

This case replaced my otter box that broke in two spots. I like the way it feels. If you liked RIM's skins have(had) for several devices(I had one for my curve) then it feels quite similar. This case is a prone to dust but so was my otter box/skin. The Trident Aegis case fits WAY better than my otter box and doesn't add any more bulk compared to it. The tabs for the headset and micro USB port stick out a little more making the cover easier to remove and access as well as very good button feel/operation through the case. Having the silicon piece on the edges makes more sense as my Torch has seen damge in these spots the most and these are where my otterbox broke.

The screen trim piece is where the Trident Aegis looses two stars. Being plastic to the inside(like the otter box's all plastic piece and unlike the Trident Aegis' phone piece) the bottom locking tab sticks out enough to scratch and remove the paint on the lip where the slider seats after very little useage. The otterbox did the same thing to the lip but in two minor spots. The Trident Aegis made about a 5/8's line. The otterbox however, scratched both left and right side edges of the slider due to improper fit and contacts for the clip.

Overall, I have to say if you are looking to buy a hard shell case for other than protection, don't. Neither the Trident nor otterbox are better than the other. If you need some form of protection like I do and are willing to sacrifice some paint, its really a toss up between the two. Both have their advantages and disadvantages but I'd choose the Trident Aegis over the otterbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 09:11 PM
    Checkout the AGF GRT case. best one JMO
    08-13-11 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD