11-14-08 10:39 AM
34 12
tools
    Newegg currently has them for $12.99. Pretty much as cheap as I have seen them, but you do have to pay for shipping of course.

Newegg.com - BlackBerry 30758LRP Desktop Charging Pod For Bold 9000 - Cell Phone Accessories

I ordered a couple - one for home when it's on bedside mode, and one for work.
    11-09-08 09:18 AM
    wtf they also sell the gel skins for 2.99...
    11-09-08 09:43 AM
    Not bad. How much is it through rim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 10:00 AM
    Not bad. How much is it through rim

I think they are close to $30 through RIM.
    11-09-08 10:03 AM
    I believe MSRP is $34.95. Crackberry is selling it for $29.95 right now.
    Great find Jay...I love newegg
    I just got my OEM charging pod today from ebay($16 shipped), and it is one of the best accessories I've ever purchased for any electronics I've owned. It is so much easier and faster than plugging and unplugging the USB cord. All I have to do is place it in the charging pod, and there is no connector or dock to "push into," unlike the iphone cradle where I have to physically push the iphone into the connector at the bottom. The Bold just sits there on the pod, not too loose, not too tight.

With the pods as cheap as they care, there is no reason not to get one!
    11-09-08 10:11 AM
    Newegg is teh r0x0r.

I've spent probably $10,000 there over the past 10 years.
    11-09-08 10:13 AM
    To those who bought it via newegg, can you confirm it's OEM BlackBerry?

Seems like newegg.ca is also having a good price too.

11-09-08 10:22 AM
    I have a question I always have the gel case on my bold will it fit in this pod? The oem rubber case

11-09-08 10:22 AM
    I have a question I always have the gel case on my bold will it fit in this pod? The oem rubber case

No, needs to be naked to fit in the pod and have contact with the gold plated connection on the back. These are worth it. It saves a lot of wear and tear on the mini usb port.
    11-09-08 10:27 AM
    Good find! Just ordered one
    11-09-08 10:38 AM
    Good find! Just ordered one
    Only one? You should have gotten two at that price!
    11-09-08 10:41 AM
    To those who bought it via newegg, can you confirm it's OEM BlackBerry?

Seems like newegg.ca is also having a good price too.

It says the brand is "Blackberry" and that the model number is the same as the one on the BB site.
    11-09-08 10:58 AM
    It says the brand is "Blackberry" and that the model number is the same as the one on the BB site.
    Okay...well, I just did a quote on the shipping, and that alone is a deal killer for Canadians. UPS Standard was just over $16.00 to my house . The pod is $15.29 CDN.

So, for Canadians, double check the pricing first before ordering.
    11-09-08 11:34 AM
    Egg-cellent prices! LOL I bought an OEM charging pod for my BOLD off of eBay for $16.95 and I thought I was getting a deal at that price...
    11-09-08 11:45 AM
    I ordered a pod for my Bold on Thursday, and it should be here on the 11th. Wish I would have ordered the one for the curve...it's $9.99...compared to the $24.99 I paid for mine.
    Newegg always seems to have OEM products at prices below most of the others. Have been happy with everything I've ordered from them.
    11-09-08 11:46 AM
    One cradle for her Curve and one for my Bold, $33 delivered.

Can't beat that, just wish they had a slow-boat-to-china USPS parcel post option. Cheaper. Hate getting such a good price and get eat up on the shipping.

Michael
    11-09-08 02:26 PM
    just curious..how does this charge the phone when the phone charges using the mini usb on the side of the phone..how does the phone charge by placing it in the pod?? where is the connection made cuz it says u can charge phone and connect phone to PC to sync
    11-09-08 04:01 PM
    There are charging contacts on the sides of the phone towards the bottom--they are oval shaped. You can't miss them. Anyway, they have a connection to the battery and there are contacts on the pod that touch the contact points which in turn charge the battery You put your USB connection into the back of the charging pod to provide the power.
    11-09-08 04:20 PM
  21. A
    Okay...well, I just did a quote on the shipping, and that alone is a deal killer for Canadians. UPS Standard was just over $16.00 to my house . The pod is $15.29 CDN.

So, for Canadians, double check the pricing first before ordering.
    Not worth it if you're only ordering the single craddle. If you order two and maybe an extra charger cable or two, it starts to become a bit more palatable.

11-09-08 04:26 PM
    I recommend checking Ebay for the pod and even battery covers. I saved $13 on the pod and $3 per battery cover. Plus this seller ships for free.
    11-09-08 04:33 PM
    There are charging contacts on the sides of the phone towards the bottom--they are oval shaped. You can't miss them. Anyway, they have a connection to the battery and there are contacts on the pod that touch the contact points which in turn charge the battery You put your USB connection into the back of the charging pod to provide the power.

AHH so thats what those little things are on the side of the phone..thks
    11-09-08 04:37 PM
    OUT OF STOCK as of 11/10/08 @ 9am!
    11-10-08 09:25 AM
    My dad just purchased his Bold from Vodafone in Hong Kong, they gave me the blue rubber sleeve and the charging cradle for free! Too bad the blue doesn't accent the Bold at all though, it is quite ugly actually.
    11-10-08 09:38 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD