-----

Has anyone found a waterproof or water-resistant case for the BB Curve 8330? I don't need underwater protection, just surface protection in case it gets wet or falls in the water. Thanks

-----
    06-02-08 05:55 PM
    -----

Has anyone found a waterproof or water-resistant case for the BB Curve 8330? I don't need underwater protection, just surface protection in case it gets wet or falls in the water. Thanks

-----
    I use the Otter Box on my 8310. the first layer of protection provides for splash protection, but I dont think you'll get 'falls in the water protection' becuse there is an opening for the trackball.
    06-02-08 06:03 PM
    -----

I just found a 100% waterproof pouch case called an "AQUAPAC" (link below). It's dust and sand proof too. Anybody got one of these that can comment on whether or not you like it?

Waterproof Pouch Case "Smartphone Size" By Aquapac - 104: ExtremePDA

-----
    06-02-08 08:27 PM
    I wish such a case existed! I just dropped my pearl in the river. But with all bad things comes the good; I got a curve to replace it! And I'm loving it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 01:55 AM
    Hard to believe they are listing accessories for the "Bold" and "Thunder"! The stuff is pretty much universal, but showing the pics of the phones already! LOL
    06-03-08 02:56 AM
    Otterbox is great for these kind of things.they make a defender series which is water resistant and shocl resistant and an armour series which is waterproof.

06-03-08 12:19 PM
    Otterbox is great for these kind of things.they make a defender series which is water resistant and shock resistant and an armour series which is waterproof.

06-03-08 12:19 PM
    Otterbox is great for these kind of things.they make a defender series which is water resistant and shocl resistant and an armour series which is waterproof.

I don't think they have the Armor series for the Curve yet. Just the Defender, which is resistant, not proof.

BlackBerry Curve // OtterBox.com
    06-03-08 12:53 PM
    -----

-----
    haha... This made me laugh... Underwater protection... All I pictured was some scuba guy emailing on his phone underwater...
    06-03-08 01:18 PM
    haha... This made me laugh... Underwater protection... All I pictured was some scuba guy emailing on his phone underwater...
    Now that would be an addiction!
    06-03-08 04:46 PM
    -----

I'm done scuba diving. And I'm ready to confess what one poster already did, she gave me courage. I want to float on top of the water on a flat-like float thing and read books on my BB. JUST IN CASE it falls in the water, I want it protected by one of these two choices I've got. Here are the links, and I'd really appreciate your opinions.

The 104 is supposed to be 'Universal', that would hold anything from a little camera to other electronic devices, including a BB. The pictures are misleading I think...can't quite figure them out, especially the big one, which looks somewhat distorted compared to the pictures below it.

Waterproof Pouch Case "Smartphone Size" By Aquapac - 104: ExtremePDA

The 304 is supposed to fit the BB Curve:

Waterproof, Aquapac-340 Pouch for BlackBerry Devices

-----
    06-03-08 06:25 PM
    I've not used any of those packs, but have been curious as to how functional they are. Seems like if your Curve is in that sealed bag you couldn't really use the trackball.
    06-03-08 07:20 PM
    Check on ebay for good price.
    06-03-08 08:23 PM
    The Otterbox is pretty damn good if your Blackberry isnt going under water but you want to protect it from rain or splashes thats the case you want, It really is the ultimate in protection for your BB
    06-03-08 08:56 PM
    lol i call my protection TEC insurance through VZW...other then that he's only covered by a BSE...don't need him getting stiffled in a raincoat!!!
    06-03-08 09:19 PM
    lol i call my protection TEC insurance through VZW...other then that he's only covered by a BSE...don't need him getting stiffled in a raincoat!!!
    Does that insurance cover water damage? I've read that some policies exclude water damage.
    06-04-08 11:59 AM
    I have Verizon, also, and I was told by several reps any insurance/whatever they offer does not cover water damage. Terrifying!!
    06-04-08 12:33 PM
    I guess if you need to take your phone fishing, swimming, scuba diving, in the tub, etc., a zip lock sandwich bag would do. Beats $30 for a "water proof pouch."
    06-04-08 01:10 PM
    -----

Actually, a zip-lock bag is what the Verizon lady, giggling, suggested when I asked if they had the AquaPac's. That's really not a bad idea, but I plan on getting in the pool every day, and $30 for SURE protection might be a good idea, and I'd have it if I'm ever near rain or another body of water.

So if anyone wants to do some intensive research on which is the best AquaPac, and let me know, I give my permission right now on the spot.

-----
    06-04-08 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD