I got the blackberry silicon case in the post yesterday and, unsurprsingly, it picks up pocket lint really easily.

I actually have a Innocase II on it's way, though it seems the supplier is sending me the rose pink one instead of the black one that I ordered. This silicone case was just meant to be a temporary solution but I guess I'll be using it for a little bit longer than expected while I send the pink one back and wait for my real order to arrive.

So basically I was wondering if anyone has any sage-like advice in stopping a silicone case gathering up everything it touches. Unless it's impossible, then I'll just have to put up!
    07-12-09 06:51 AM
    Its takes a few weeks for it to build up a naturally anti-oily surface. Out of the box its gonna attract lint. Surprise the Innocase is the same way for a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 07:53 AM
    Ah cool, so will it be completely lint-proof, or will it still pick up some stuff?

Thnaks for your reply!
    07-12-09 09:36 AM
    one man one blackberry out to rid the world of lint......
    07-12-09 01:42 PM
    Clean your pants pockets... after a few weeks you will not have any lint in any of your pockets anyways... my pockets are very clean right now.
    07-12-09 01:44 PM
    I got the blackberry silicon case in the post yesterday and, unsurprsingly, it picks up pocket lint really easily.
    Don't you people wash your clothes?
    07-12-09 02:46 PM
    Rub dirt on it.
    07-12-09 02:47 PM
    My case picked up some lint from the pockets at first but the skin doesn't any more. -f you have cookie crumbs and stuff in your pocket though, there are bigger issues here. Pull the pockets out before putting the pants into the washer.

07-12-09 03:11 PM
    If you wipe cooking oil on silicon case then wash it off you have a lint-retardent surface.

07-12-09 03:45 PM
    I wash the silicone case with water every other week to get rid of the lint.

07-12-09 04:30 PM
    This is hilarious, just get a pouch or belt clip..or something else.

07-12-09 04:48 PM
    I already mentioned that I have a non-silicone case coming - this is just a temporary solution, I just wanna keep it as lint-free as possible!

Also, interesting tip with the oil, lazerus. Is that true, or are you just yankin' my chain?? =P
    07-12-09 06:34 PM
    my solution is to get one of these ORANGE Soft Crystal Gel Case for Blackberry Curve 8900 - eBay (item 260428535045 end time Jul-14-09 00:30:05 PDT). You can buy just one or bundles of 3 or 5 I think. I bought one just to see how I like it and I love it. So I'm going to buy the bundle of 3 and get more colors. No lint and I love how it looks on my phone.
    07-12-09 06:45 PM
    I get the same issue with a case on my mp3 player... I just don't make a big deal about lint on the silicone sleeve.. Gonna happen anyways even sitting around on my desk at home or at work.. So eh no biggie in my opinion...
    07-12-09 06:48 PM
    my solution is to get one of these ORANGE Soft Crystal Gel Case for Blackberry Curve 8900 - eBay (item 260428535045 end time Jul-14-09 00:30:05 PDT). You can buy just one or bundles of 3 or 5 I think. I bought one just to see how I like it and I love it. So I'm going to buy the bundle of 3 and get more colors. No lint and I love how it looks on my phone.
    I'd be a buyer but I'm really not into the funky geometic designs etched into the plastic. A completely clear case and a black case would be awesome but I'm not a fan of all those circles and shapes in the plastic. Looks kinda childish.
    07-12-09 08:32 PM
    I've had the same 9.99 tmo case now since January. No lint. No drama. First week, yes a little lint. But once your scroungy hand oils rub in over usage, it becomes lint phree.

07-12-09 11:17 PM
    I am having the same issues. I might try the olive oil trick but I am sure as heck not buying another case.
    03-19-14 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD