This product states that it has integrated charging, but it's unclear to me exactly how this works? I assume 'integrated' doesn't mean I have to plug the USB charger into the storm. So how is the storm charged while docked in this product?

07-16-09 12:26 PM
    It has it's own charger built in, it plugs into your cigarette lighter

here is a thread about the curve version

here ia link to it in the Crackberry store
    Last edited by robrowald; 07-16-09 at 01:57 PM.
    07-16-09 01:51 PM
    If it's anything like other cradles that are out on the market, it probably has an integrated microUSB connector (like the one that sticks out on the OEM RIM cradle) that plugs into the phone when it is docked in the cradle.
    07-16-09 01:54 PM
    Yes, I get that there's a charger built in, but what I don't understand is how it connects to the Storm to charge it which is what my original question was. So there is a micro USB sticking out on the left side of the thing that engages when you 'lock' it in?

I had the link to the store which doesn't explain this, and the other thread doesn't address the Storm. It's for another model which states it charges through some contacts on the back of the 8320 and has a vertical lock (as opposed to the horizontal lock on the storm model). To my knowledge there are no such contacts on the Storm.

Anyone else that maybe has this product and can explain the connection?
    07-16-09 02:03 PM
    I think a microUSB sticking out of the left side is the only physically possible way to charge the Storm. Most other BlackBerry models have exposed charging contacts near the bottom of the backside for use with docking stands and the like, but the Storm does not. That would also explain the vertical lock on the other models, since they would need to lock in vertically to ensure a solid connection with the charging contacts.
    07-16-09 02:08 PM
    i kinda wanna get one.....
    07-19-09 12:01 AM