Hi, I'm new to BB and having fun with it so far, I have a Pearl 8120. This is going to seem like the littlest question ever, but it is driving me crazy.. ok, when i send a text message a check appears next to the name, then a couple seconds later a little 'D' appears above the text. The thing is the 'D' doesn't show up on all the messages and it seems to come pretty quickly after the check mark. Like I said, it is driving me crazy, so if you know, clue me in!

Thanks
    11-12-08 03:10 AM
    i know with Verizon you will only see the D for' Delivered,' when you send a text from a VZW phone to another VZW phone.

Not sure if it's the same for T-Mobile or other carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-12-08 at 07:59 AM.
    11-12-08 06:14 AM
    The d means delivered... Ie your recipient has been notified of delivery. It changes to r when your recpient has read it. I don't think it has anything to do w/ verizon,,,, as I have at&t.

11-12-08 07:39 AM
    Now i'm wondering if the OP is talking about SMS or BBM.

i know with VZW you only get the D when sending a text to another VZW phone. And that D doesn't become an R.

If you are talking about BlackBerry Messenger then the above post is true!

i don't know if other carriers, besides VZW show SMS delivery notification! would like to know!

So with AT&T when you send a text you get a delivery confirmations? And read?
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-12-08 at 08:04 AM.
    11-12-08 07:53 AM
    With Sprint I only receive a check mark.

11-12-08 09:01 AM
    Thanks, EyEZ4BB! i was curious.

11-12-08 09:02 AM
    US Cellular is a check mark too for SMS messages delivered.
    11-12-08 11:02 AM
    thanks, trucky.

i didn't mean to hijack the trhead, whoops.

so are VZW and AT&T the only ones who get teh D for Delivered with SMS? and from the above post AT&T has an R as well?

On VZW we get a check (i think that is standard) and also a D if sent to another VZW customer. now i'm so curious as to which carriers also have this feature.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-12-08 at 12:24 PM.
    11-12-08 11:15 AM
    I have an 8300 Curve with Centennial (the red-headed stepchild of providers). When I send an SMS, I get a checkmark; when the recipient's phone has received it, then the little D appears, to indicate it's been delivered. (As I have found out when sending text messages to my son, this does not mean he's actually READ the SMS.) This applies no matter who I'm sending an SMS to; it matters not if they are Centennial or not.
    11-12-08 12:14 PM
    first, thank you all.
    ok, i have tmobile, the problem is i have a d on one message and then no d on the next one to the same recipient. the only other person with no d, is a revol user.
    i think i will forever be driven crazy by this!!
    11-12-08 01:54 PM
    If you don't have a d, and the person you were sending to is on T-Mobile, the it means it didn't get delivered. You might want to resend the message.

If the person is on another carrier, then it's up to that carrier whether or not you'll get a delivery notification.
    11-12-08 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD