Whenever I try to take the phone out of its silicone case to use it, I find myself having to put it back in ASAP because the sides get slippery and residue-y very quickly. Do any other 8830 users have this issue, or is it just me? If you do have the same issue, do you just keep it out of the case anyway and live with the moistness?
    02-25-08 08:59 PM
    I don't have a silicone case, but one of my biggest gripes about my 8830 is sometimes I feel like I am trying to get a hold of an ice cube! God forbid you leave it on the seat of your car while driving, and the lil' wonder has taken a tumble or two because of its slipperiness.

...You aren't the only one!
    02-25-08 09:16 PM
    All I have to say.... I really hope I don't have to shake hands with either one of you. Just wondering... can you work up a lather with just a soap in your hand?
    02-25-08 11:21 PM
    Funny, really funny LOL. Like the part about working up a lather with kust a soap in hand

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-08 05:04 AM
    I put on a BestSkinsEver skin on my 8830 and it's "GRIPTASTIC"! No more slipperiness. That's one solution.
    02-26-08 11:11 AM
    Here's another option:
    Egrips Skin for BlackBerry 8800 Series - ShopCrackBerry
    I had them on a previous phone, very nice
    02-26-08 11:17 AM
    I'm pretty sure the moisture isn't coming from the phone itself, so it has to be your hands... right? That makes most sense to me!

What kind of silicone case do you have that requires you remove it to use it? It's possible that the case is trapping in the moisture from the last time you used it, sweaty palms.
    02-26-08 11:21 AM
    I do have one of the skins. Otherwise it does tends to slide right off the seat in the car which is not good because I have it hooked up the the AUX jack on my car stereo.

02-26-08 11:33 AM
    I have found my 8830 to be slippery, but with the stock gel cover from Verizon, it is much better.
    02-26-08 03:39 PM
    I don't have a silicone case, I like to slide my 8830 right into my back pocket. Whenever I pull it out, it stays right in my hand. Its not too slipery to me...but then again I have rough hands.

02-28-08 12:31 PM
    Since putting on a BSE skin, the "grip" on the BB is MUCH better! Doesn't feel slippery at all, yet it still has that "bare naked" look!
    02-28-08 12:45 PM
    I don't have a silicone case, I like to slide my 8830 right into my back pocket. Whenever I pull it out, it stays right in my hand. Its not too slipery to me...but then again I have rough hands.

Jeez, I'd be scared of sitting on it lol.
    02-28-08 01:24 PM
    And I have sat on it a few times haha. Its actually pretty strong! But I don't sit on it on purpose! Haha

02-28-08 07:26 PM
    after toying with the idea for a while, i went and got the invisible shield full body protector the other day - completely solved the problem!
    03-16-08 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD