I just ordered the charging pod for my 9700. OK you hook up the usb cord to the back of the pod. How does the power get to the phone. I thought that something had to be plugged into the usb port on the phone for it to get power. From the photos, it does not show any cord being plugged into the side of the phone and there are no exposed electric connections on the bottom of the phone.
    01-10-10 08:15 AM
    There are 2 charge contacts on the bottom left/right sides of the phone.
    01-10-10 08:21 AM
    OK never mind folks, I found the two contacts on the bottom of the phone. I know, I know I should have looked closer but it is Sunday morning and I have not had my second cup of Java yet.
    01-10-10 08:21 AM
    Thanks Alee.
    01-10-10 08:22 AM
    The pod is awesome, I have 2, keeping one bedside and the 9700 is my alarm clock, showing my flip clock all night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 10:51 AM
    The pod is awesome, I have 2, keeping one bedside and the 9700 is my alarm clock, showing my flip clock all night.

+1 I love my charging pod! The only thing that would make it better is if you could also sync through it. Bluetooth sync will do until then.
    01-10-10 10:54 AM
    where did you order the charging pod from?
    01-10-10 10:58 AM
    I got my first one from Amazon ($10) and the 2nd from Tmo store (gift). I got one for my partner's 8900 also, he loves it.

01-10-10 11:04 AM
    Also... If you're in a hurry, Amazon could take 2wks to get to you, depending on the vendor, so a trip to Tmo or other might be best (co$t more).

01-10-10 11:06 AM
    your going to love the charging pod I just recently purchased one myself and love it
    01-10-10 12:05 PM
    You can't sync with your computer with charging pod??? That's so not practical....
    01-10-10 12:20 PM
    The charging pod is great - the only pity is that here in Europe they are like gold and we have to rely on online orders etc., have never found a shop that sold one (Italy) that puts the price up a lot unfortunately..sob
    01-10-10 12:25 PM
    I think I got mine from the Crackberry site.
    01-10-10 01:45 PM
    Will the charging pod work if the BB has a case?
    01-10-10 05:36 PM
    Not with the OEM silicone case since it covers the contact points. Not sure if any case will charge in the pod. It's a pretty tight fit.
    01-10-10 07:07 PM
    just got mine from Amazon on Saturday and the shipping was about 5 days or so....only about $8 or $9 .

It's very cool for charging and if you set the phone up for "bedside mode", it makes your phone a nice clock ( I prefer the old school "flip" clock), which automatically dims the screen when you dock it. Only drawback, if you keep a case on the phone, it won't fit OR charge. I have the Otterbox "commuter" case on the phone (which is really a great fit, fairly sturdy and still slim), but I'll have to take it off to dock it at night. Not a big deal, the case removes easily...just a bit of an inconvenience.
    01-10-10 07:20 PM
    You can't sync with your computer with charging pod??? That's so not practical....
    The phone physically can't do that because USB data requires two more ports (data in/out) along with the power and ground, so there would need to be 2 more contacts on the phone and pod. The reason many other phones allow cradle syncing is because their full connector is on the bottom of the phone and so you're essentially connecting them the normal way you would for USB. Here that is not the case.

01-10-10 07:50 PM
    You guys are gonna make me get one of those charging pods... LOL!
    01-10-10 08:08 PM
    Bought mine on ebay. I love it, also have two. One for upstairs and one for downstairs.
    01-10-10 08:21 PM
    would like to get one, but if i have to take my case off every night, that might be a deal breaker for me.
    01-10-10 09:11 PM
    would like to get one, but if i have to take my case off every night, that might be a deal breaker for me.
    I understand the inconvience....but seems like i've had problems with the mini usb ports in the past getting "worn out" (for lack of a more technical explanation) from the constant plugging/unplugging as required to charge previous phones. BB's may not have this issue (this is my first)...but the "bedside/clock" feature and the less "abusive charging method" (for my micro usb's sake)...convinced me.
    01-10-10 09:39 PM
    gratefulRed: I have the Otterbox commuter case as well, if we were able to make slits to allow access to the contact points, would we be able to dock it with the case still on? Or does it not fit in the pod at all with the case on?
    01-10-10 10:36 PM
    gratefulRed: I have the Otterbox commuter case as well, if we were able to make slits to allow access to the contact points, would we be able to dock it with the case still on? Or does it not fit in the pod at all with the case on?

that should answer your questions.
    01-11-10 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD