So as I was getting my son out of the car last night, the magnet (weak one I might add) separated and my silver vzw Pearl 8130 fell on the driveway. now, I know the saying 'women dig scars' (something like that) but I'm pretty sure they're not talking about wounds on your BB. I've already ordered an OtterBox defender case, yellow FTW!

I know that you can get battery covers here, and elsewhere. My question is, what about the sides? The sweet chrome-like finish has a couple gashes in them, and I'm not sure if they're replaceable. Could I search ebay and find some, or are they not meant to be replaced?

It may seem like I'm a little obsessive, but this minor annoyance is bugging me. I try to keep my gadgets nice and pristine, so when something like this happens it tends to drive me nuts. Does that sound crazy?

Here's a shot of the cover, it's hard to see but there are a few spots on there that are actually scrates/divots.:

05-02-08 08:59 AM
    You don't sound crazy. Mainly because I'm having that same problem. I just noticed that my chrome side has a little gash in it and it's depressing me.
    05-02-08 09:18 AM
    Not crazy at all.....i see alittle scratch barely noticable above the blackberry right near the camera lens.

Driving me nuts i was gonna return it but my girlfriend says i'm CRAZY.
    05-02-08 09:22 AM
    good to know. I was thinking about either another silver battery cover or a gray one like THIS.
    05-02-08 09:30 AM
    05-02-08 09:32 AM
    @amazinglygraceless, they have some sweet stuff. thanks.
    05-02-08 09:45 AM
    does anyone have any tips for removing the old housing and putting together a new one? or can you tell me if it's a pain to replace the sides. obviously, I'll have to be really careful and use a surgeon's precision, but is there anything I should know before I attempt this?
    05-02-08 09:49 AM
    There are a few videos on how to take about the units. For my 8830, there were four screws inside the Battery Compartment that must be removed to remove the siderails - the screws go through holes in the inner siderails. I don't know about your unit.
    05-02-08 10:39 AM
    This video is for the 8100. I'm not sure if it is the exact same procedure for the 8130, but it'll give you an idea of what's involved.

I did this once, (dropped 8100 into a cup of tea) and it is not as scary as it may seem.
    05-02-08 11:42 AM
    I got a scratch, a tiny one on my curve, and it just doesn't feel the same anymore =o(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 09:21 PM
    I have really tried not to get a lot of scratches on my berry. I paid too much for it and if I get some minor scratches or a major one on it, I'll sell it on ebay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 09:31 PM
    This vendor seems to have a good reputation
    perfect, thanks ag!
    05-29-08 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD