Okay, I've got an unlocked Blackberry Storm 9530 running on T-Mobile.

I encountered the endless reboot/nuke yesterday afternoon, and I haven't been able to do anything to remedy it whatsoever. As well known, I get the red LED, the spinning square, the white screen, repeat.

**However, RANDOMLY, the Blackberry will boot up like normal and allow me to use it for some period of time. I was able to use it throughout the night lastnight, but it crashed again this morning. I'm usually only allowed to use it for less than a minute.

Here is what I've done to try and remedy it, along with the strange obstacles I've run into.

-I've downgraded from 5.0 to the most recent OS 4.7, but I'm still encountering the same issue and the desktop manager will not let me upgrade back to 5.0.

-I've used CrackUtil to reset the IT Policy, didn't seem to help, not even sure it successfully did so because my phone will not stay connected.

-I've tried using the AppLoader to "break" the reboot cycle, but I never get the "COM1" option, and when my phone is detected I don't get the "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". It actually gives me my accurate pin, rather than "unknown". When I hit "Next", after it connects to the device, I get no option to restore anything. It says:

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

In response to this, I downloaded OS 5.0 onto my PC, but I still get the same message.

-I've tried the BBSAK alternative, using Jl_cmder, but that never worked. It never seemed to establish a connection.

I'm all out of options. I don't know what to do at all. I feel I've exhausted all my resources, and I certainly can't afford to buy a new phone. If anyone has any pointers or options that I haven't tried, PLEASE extend them my way. Any method will do, as I don't even care about backing up my info at this point. I'm completely willing to wipe this into a pretty paperweight if it will help.
    01-15-11 11:03 AM
    Instead of using DM, try using Loader.exe. In case you don't know where to find it: on your computer go to Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader and then look for the file Loader.exe. But before you lauch it be sure you have deleted the Vendor file. You will find it near the bottom of the list of files in the AppLoader folder.

After downloading the 5.0 OS, did you install it on your computer?

You might also want to watch your battery closely, it could possibly be due a weak or bad battery.
    01-15-11 11:26 AM
    Okay, I've got an unlocked Blackberry Storm 9530 running on T-Mobile.

I encountered the endless reboot/nuke yesterday afternoon, and I haven't been able to do anything to remedy it whatsoever. As well known, I get the red LED, the spinning square, the white screen, repeat.

**However, RANDOMLY, the Blackberry will boot up like normal and allow me to use it for some period of time. I was able to use it throughout the night lastnight, but it crashed again this morning. I'm usually only allowed to use it for less than a minute.

Here is what I've done to try and remedy it, along with the strange obstacles I've run into.

-I've downgraded from 5.0 to the most recent OS 4.7, but I'm still encountering the same issue and the desktop manager will not let me upgrade back to 5.0.

-I've used CrackUtil to reset the IT Policy, didn't seem to help, not even sure it successfully did so because my phone will not stay connected.

-I've tried using the AppLoader to "break" the reboot cycle, but I never get the "COM1" option, and when my phone is detected I don't get the "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". It actually gives me my accurate pin, rather than "unknown". When I hit "Next", after it connects to the device, I get no option to restore anything. It says:

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

In response to this, I downloaded OS 5.0 onto my PC, but I still get the same message.

-I've tried the BBSAK alternative, using Jl_cmder, but that never worked. It never seemed to establish a connection.

I'm all out of options. I don't know what to do at all. I feel I've exhausted all my resources, and I certainly can't afford to buy a new phone. If anyone has any pointers or options that I haven't tried, PLEASE extend them my way. Any method will do, as I don't even care about backing up my info at this point. I'm completely willing to wipe this into a pretty paperweight if it will help.
    If it is covered under warranty I would take advantage of that. You shouldnt have to go through all this. Have you contacted the carrier?
    01-15-11 11:29 AM
    Instead of using DM, try using Loader.exe. In case you don't know where to find it: on your computer go to Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader and then look for the file Loader.exe. But before you lauch it be sure you have deleted the Vendor file. You will find it near the bottom of the list of files in the AppLoader folder.

After downloading the 5.0 OS, did you install it on your computer?

You might also want to watch your battery closely, it could possibly be due a weak or bad battery.
    I've tried using the Loader.exe file, that's another roadblock. And yes I installed 5.0 as soon as it downloaded, but for some reason the Loader doesn't detect it. I'll keep an eye on my battery, but that would be a shocker if it was bad... since normally my battery life is just fine. Thank you very, very much for your reply.
    01-15-11 11:37 AM
    This phone isn't covered since it's originally a Verizon phone and I have it unlocked under T-Mobile. Any problem it has... is my problem. Lol.
    01-15-11 11:37 AM
    I have no idea what to do now. Tried everything, now the device is useless thanks to a chronic "Load Software 507" screen and I can't establish a connection with the computer.
    01-15-11 07:37 PM
    This will take some work, but delete all RIM software from your computer, reboot and then reinstall DM and only one OS. Be sure to delete the Vendor file.

Try wiping your phone if you don't mind losing your data and apps.

then use Loader.exe to install.

Good luck
    01-15-11 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD