I had the Tour for a while and loved the cradle from BB. It was great just being able to drop it in and take it out easily when I get a call during the night. I see that the cradle for the Storm2 requires it to plug into the microsd. My previous phone's dock was similar to this and I have had experience with the iphone/ipod touch dock. It is kind if annoying trying to take it out when you need it real quick. Just wondering how hard or easy it is to take the storm2/storm1 (since it was the same way on the storm1) out of the cradle. Thanks!

ps. I do not have an iphone nor did i ever have one. I have an ipod touch and a dock for that but have had someone's iphone on the dock and its a pain to take it off the dock during the night. So no need for the iphone flame haha
    10-30-09 11:00 PM
    I think it is pretty simple to remove the phone from the dock.

With this one, you may have to pay attention to the pop up screens. I used it at work (to test it) and a pop up message read "there is not sufficient power to charge the phone." I got it home and it worked just fine. (plugging into the computer with the USB cable that is.)

I got the cradle mostly for when I know I will be at the computer all day (on my off time/days).

I am getting an OtterBox, and to simply remove it just to put it in the cradle for and hour is senseless.

I think the cradle is really for an "office" person, who will be at a desk all day. Nice to have and the clock screen looks nice sitting in the cradle.

Again, I will not remove it from it's case just to dock for an hour or so. I will just use the USB cable or plug.

msblueline
    10-30-09 11:24 PM
    I just got the cradle tonight and its just as nice as the storm1 cradle. It just looks so nice sitting there in all its glory.
    10-30-09 11:31 PM
    I just wonder why they didn't make the battery door plastic and made it so you can drop it and charge with metal prongs like the other blackberries? I really enjoyed that when I had the tour.
    10-30-09 11:50 PM
    I just wonder why they didn't make the battery door plastic and made it so you can drop it and charge with metal prongs like the other blackberries? I really enjoyed that when I had the tour.
    I actually like the way it sits in the cradle.
    10-31-09 12:02 AM
    I actually like the way it sits in the cradle.
    I would think that they could have easily designed it to charge sideways without having to plug into the micro usb port. Basically I am just saying I don't like docks that actually has to plug into something. I think the idea of charging through the metal prongs on the other Blackberries is a great idea. I had a Samsung for 2 years and Had to be plugged into the dock and I hated having to take it off the dock in the middle of the night to answer calls. I guess this is probably something stupid to be one of the top reasons for getting or not getting a phone but everyone has their pet peeves.
    10-31-09 12:16 AM
    plastic feels cheap
    10-31-09 12:23 AM
    plastic feels cheap
    every other bb has a plastic battery door besides the storms... and maybe its just me but i always have some type of case on my phone, so i never actually touch it. it feels the same to me no matter what it is made of.
    10-31-09 12:36 AM
    every other bb has a plastic battery door besides the storms... and maybe its just me but i always have some type of case on my phone, so i never actually touch it. it feels the same to me no matter what it is made of.
    Im sure the reason the door on the storm is metal is because the plastic would flex too much and then the screen would be less responsive. I just speculating here.
    10-31-09 12:40 AM
    Where can I purchase this cradle for the S2?
    10-31-09 12:51 AM
    Im sure the reason the door on the storm is metal is because the plastic would flex too much and then the screen would be less responsive. I just speculating here.
    That would make sense, I'm on the edge of ordering the Storm2 but just don't see that much of a difference between the it and the Storm1. I know the new screen is so much better but I really don't feel like it is. But I don't want to wait for the Essex either. Decisions, decision...
    10-31-09 12:51 AM
    I just got the cradle tonight and its just as nice as the storm1 cradle. It just looks so nice sitting there in all its glory.
    where did you get ur cradle from?
    10-31-09 01:28 AM
    where did you get ur cradle from?
    My local VZN store in San Jose has the cradles for $29.99
    10-31-09 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD