So I have my car all wired up for my iPod but I would LOVE to use my storm instead and use slacker. Is there a cable adapter for this?
    02-04-09 09:51 AM
    You know . . I doubt it . . but I am interested to hear if anyone has found an iPod to 3.5 connector.
    02-04-09 10:00 AM
    So I have my car all wired up for my iPod but I would LOVE to use my storm instead and use slacker. Is there a cable adapter for this?
    Doubt it on my ipod the cable isn't even close to the storms cable... if you have a bluetooth kit you don't need a cable or anything... I saw some stuff that will actually connect to your device through bluetooth and will transmit on a radio station of your choice (one with no channel on it of course)
    02-04-09 10:01 AM
    On that note - does your car have an aux input? You could use something like this: RIM - BlackBerry Storm Adapter Cellular Accessory
    02-04-09 10:02 AM
    Sony - Car Cassette Adapter for CD/MD Players - CPA9C
    This is what I use in my G,it it has a headphone jack on it and it plugs into whatever has that jack(phone,ipod,xm receiver) if you have a tape deck this would work. I use slacker in my car with this and it works perfect, just make sure to turn the volume down like two clicks or it will distort.

Bracketron - Vent-Mounted Cradle for Apple® iPod™ and Mobile Devices - Black - IPM-202-BL

I use that to Hold the phone , it is adjustable. only downside is you have to reach over every couple minutes to hit the volume after each song, but maybe that's fixed with this mornings update of slacker but I won't know that till after work.

Any ways there's some input Hope it helps!
    02-04-09 10:04 AM
    You know . . I doubt it . . but I am interested to hear if anyone has found an iPod to 3.5 connector.
    What do you mean? the IPOD VIDEO&TOUCH/XM/STORM all fit the same jack. just make sure it's plugged in entirely I never have to force mine. Do you have a link to which your using?
    02-04-09 10:07 AM
    02-04-09 10:07 AM
    I haven't seen anything like that, but if someone finds something go right on ahead and post about it, because I'd love to see what someone has come up with. I don't imagine your problem is going to be all that out of the ordinary.
    02-04-09 10:12 AM
    No it will not, with that you would need a convertor on the IPOD side, if you just are looking for a straight across cable then here.

Griffin - Auxiliary Audio Cable - Black - 10024-AUXCBLC

that's the same thing I was talking about MINUS the tape deck, mind you that will only work if you have the input on your radio/headunit for it.
    02-04-09 10:30 AM
    No it will not, with that you would need a convertor on the IPOD side, if you just are looking for a straight across cable then here.

Griffin - Auxiliary Audio Cable - Black - 10024-AUXCBLC

that's the same thing I was talking about MINUS the tape deck, mind you that will only work if you have the input on your radio/headunit for it.
    This might be a better option

</title> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.mycablemart.com/store/css/ds.css"> <meta name="title" content=""/> <meta name="description" content=""/> <meta name="keywords" content=""/> </head> <html><head><meta http-equiv="Content
    02-04-09 10:59 AM
    I just ran a 3.5mm cable which works fine for both my iPod and Storm.
    02-04-09 11:22 AM
    i can connect my storm to my head unit via bluetooth and stream slacker (or whatever) no problem. i have a relatively new pioneer head unit and it may be that you need a certain type of head unit to do this.
    02-04-09 11:27 AM
    From what I understand, the original poster already has the ipod integration installed in his car. You need a female ipod-dock connector to male 3.5mm cable, which is pretty hard to find. If you look on the internet, most people have made their own cable. You might be able to find something like this on ebay though:

cgi.ebay . com/Ipod-Dock-Cable-Station-Female-to-3.5mm-Cable-Aux-input_W0QQitemZ350157946998QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20 090126?IMSfp=TL090126153004r25667
    02-04-09 11:34 AM
    02-04-09 11:37 AM
    i can connect my storm to my head unit via bluetooth and stream slacker (or whatever) no problem. i have a relatively new pioneer head unit and it may be that you need a certain type of head unit to do this.
    I have the AVIC D3, I wonder if I can do this?
    02-04-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD