05-15-09 04:59 PM
27 12
tools
    Are there any car mounts that have been designed specifically for the Storm that are out there? I've only seen generic ones.
    02-20-09 02:01 PM
    Try ProClip Mounting System - Choose Your Country

Little pricy, but made phone specific. You have to order 2 parts. The phone clip and the vehicle specific mount.
    02-20-09 02:34 PM
    02-20-09 02:49 PM
    That might be a little much for my needs. That without the charging and reception booster and about $40 cheaper would be perfect though.
    02-20-09 02:54 PM
    So you want nothing more than for it to sit in the cradle? Just a holder?
    02-20-09 02:56 PM
    basically yeah. I have something for my iTouch that clips to my vent. I can just snap the ipod in there and plug a cassette adapter into the headphone jack and i'm good to go. Just looking for something similar to that for the Storm for when I want to listen music on that, or to Slacker, or navigate etc
    02-20-09 02:59 PM
    I got a charging dock, a car charger, and a small piece of velcro. Stick the dock on the console, plug it in and you are good to go.
    02-20-09 03:05 PM
    I did something similar with the BB charging dock, added a signal booster - works great.

Other than something generic I have no other ideas.
    02-20-09 03:08 PM
    So this is the mount i have for my itouch DLO | VentMount for iPod touch

pretty simple, but great design. Anybody know of anything out there like it designed specifically for the storm? Something the the storm can just snap into and swivels from landscape to portrait.
    03-06-09 04:13 PM
    I second the ProClip mount. Works great. I've had a couple before, but this was worth the money.
    03-06-09 05:16 PM
    Try ProClip Mounting System *-*Choose Your Country

Little pricy, but made phone specific. You have to order 2 parts. The phone clip and the vehicle specific mount.
    they are very good but like you said a little bit pricy, i did a review on my site at the time i had my curve , you can have a look at this following link : Dafabmobiles - News

here some pics, i show how easy is to install ...

03-06-09 05:21 PM
    Powered Car Mount for BLACKBERRY STORM BOLD & CURVE - eBay (item 360117467986 end time Mar-17-09 20:01:38 PDT)

Check this one out. I bought one for my storm, works pretty good.
    They also have one that mounts to the seat bolt in your car.

03-06-09 05:23 PM
    03-07-09 01:24 PM
    this one looks pretty good but does it still fit the storm with a skin or hard case?
    03-07-09 01:49 PM
    Thats the only issue. It doesn't. Its actually a Storm dock mounted on a suction cup arm. Works really well just plug in a car charger into the dock and drop the phone in when you want to charge it. Leaves the headphone jack open for stereo hookup. It can also be turned sideways. I'd take a pic with the phone in it but I don't have my d-cam with me. Had to use my storm to take the pic.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 03-07-09 at 02:02 PM.
    03-07-09 01:59 PM
    Thats the only issue. It doesn't. Its actually a Storm dock mounted on a suction cup arm. Works really well just plug in a car charger into the dock and drop the phone in when you want to charge it. Leaves the headphone jack open for stereo hookup. It can also be turned sideways. I'd take a pic with the phone in it but I don't have my d-cam with me. Had to use my storm to take the pic.
    that s what i figured...... thanks for the answer
    03-07-09 02:06 PM
    I have the Pro Clip system too in my Golf. It fits neatly and securely into the vent and is up close enough to let me use the Storm for maps. The Storm holder part can be rotated either way and allows access for charging.

Anyone in the UK interested in this system check it out at Morpeth Mobiles as they do free postage and offer a great service I have had a couple of the Pro Systems from them when I changed car or berry
    03-07-09 02:23 PM
    I know in the uk there is one in the vodafone stores... but i dont know where else do them
    03-07-09 02:29 PM
    This desktop cradle attached via suction cup to the windshield (the picture posted by Lowsol94 on page 1 of this thread) may be exactly what I am looking for ... where can this one be purchased?
    03-12-09 12:09 PM
    bump ... anyone know where to buy the unit posted by Lowsol94?
    03-15-09 04:13 PM
    bump ... anyone know where to buy the unit posted by Lowsol94?
    As nice as that mount looks, I'd have my doubts about using it. That charger is meant for desktops, not cars. I love the one I have at home but the BB is held in place solely by the charging port. I'd be very nervous about that thing being mounted in my car...let alone so close to the side window.
    03-16-09 05:47 PM
    Sorry it took me a while to get back.

Its custom.... Purchased a BB dock (29.99) and a generic phone mount (9.99). Dremel, screwdriver (T5 I believe) and 10 minutes. PM if i can help.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 03-16-09 at 06:14 PM.
    03-16-09 06:12 PM
    Thanks ... how well does the storm stay in the BB dock over bumpy roads, etc?

Sorry it took me a while to get back.

Its custom.... Purchased a BB dock (29.99) and a generic phone mount (9.99). Dremel, screwdriver (T5 I believe) and 10 minutes. PM if i can help.
    03-16-09 06:56 PM
    This is what I did with my BB dock since I yet to find anything that looks decent and fit my needs in my truck. I also added the BB bluetooth gateway too my setup so I can tuck that under the dash area and feed it into my AUX port in my stock stereo setup so I can stream MP3's or Slacker which works really nicely. This way no visiable wires any were.

03-16-09 08:19 PM
    Thanks ... how well does the storm stay in the BB dock over bumpy roads, etc?
    It doesn't move. I have a coil over suspention which doesn't give me the smoothest ride and I have had no issues with it even moving. Even while its on it's side.

I have pics in this thread of the phone in the dock. Last one its upside down.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bb-...60/index6.html
    03-17-09 09:17 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD