I have tried the Verizon recommended Storm side holster, very tight; more likely to drop upon removal.

I have also tried the Golla Cube Music case, since its recommended for 'extended batteries' did not work well at all. Its very tight, just as tight as the Verizon side holster; albeit this one is vertical rather than horizontal.

Anyone have a solution to this? I have already burnt $50 in holsters that DO NOT work. I would like to just get one and rock out with it with no issues.

PS: I tried the OEM 8700g holster and the Storm is somewhat too tall for it, so the magnetic flip latch at the top often times does not close securely.

Anyone?
    02-04-09 09:37 PM
    get the OEM BB8830 one that is sold in stores. Its the leather case w/ the leather belt clip on it. It has some stretch on the sides so it'll fit well (RIM8330CAS1). Also the PDASDPCH3 works as well.
    Last edited by jcharris08; 02-04-09 at 09:43 PM.
    02-04-09 09:40 PM
    get the OEM BB8830 one that is sold in stores. Its the leather case w/ the leather belt clip on it. It has some stretch on the sides so it'll fit well.
    Are you recommending this based on your usage, or just guessing? Not meaning to sound condescending at all, the 8830 was the one I first thought of, however I just want someone who has this setup to confirm before I spend ANOTHER $20 on holsters.
    02-04-09 09:41 PM
    I used the silicon cover/ skin with the 8800WE vertical belt holster from verizon that worked well. It was a little tight, but not bad. Now I am using the horizontel case from BB that sleeps the phone.

For me its really what I am doing for the majority of the day that determines which case to use.

I feel your pain I have spent a lot on cases as well.
    02-04-09 09:42 PM
    get the OEM BB8830 one that is sold in stores. Its the leather case w/ the leather belt clip on it. It has some stretch on the sides so it'll fit well.

also the PDASDPCH3 works as well.
    This side holster is the one they gave me the first day, doesn't work worth a crap.
    02-04-09 09:42 PM
    sorry my post was a little late. Yes I did use it and it works
    02-04-09 09:43 PM
    Edited my post w/ sku's. And I have the 8830 case and sell them in our stores constantly when we have them in stock. Customers seem to like it a lot, very nice fit imo. I said the second sku because we've sold a couple recently, gets the job done.
    02-04-09 09:44 PM
    I have tried the Verizon recommended Storm side holster, very tight; more likely to drop upon removal.

I have also tried the Golla Cube Music case, since its recommended for 'extended batteries' did not work well at all. Its very tight, just as tight as the Verizon side holster; albeit this one is vertical rather than horizontal.

Anyone have a solution to this? I have already burnt $50 in holsters that DO NOT work. I would like to just get one and rock out with it with no issues.

PS: I tried the OEM 8700g holster and the Storm is somewhat too tall for it, so the magnetic flip latch at the top often times does not close securely.

Anyone?
    I have the BB Bold Holster and it works with the Silicone case. I tis somewhat tight but does not bunch up. I have since purchased the Seidio Innocase II and use it with the Bold Holster or the Innocase Holster (also works with the OEM silicone case).
    02-04-09 10:02 PM
    I am using the PDASDPCH5 CAS Univ. pouch. It is a universal side case that has a magnetic clip. It works prett good with the silicone cover. The sides are elastic. It is snug but fits.

Only issue I have is getting it out while driving. Bluetooth works though.
    02-04-09 10:34 PM
    I am using the PDASDPCH5 CAS Univ. pouch. It is a universal side case that has a magnetic clip. It works prett good with the silicone cover. The sides are elastic. It is snug but fits.

Only issue I have is getting it out while driving. Bluetooth works though.
    The PDASDPCH5 is the first one I had, I did not like how the fitment was.

I think I will try the 8830 case today. Lets see if any stores local to me have one in stock.
    02-05-09 07:08 AM
    Tried 8830 case, still is a very tight fit. Wtf?
    02-06-09 07:09 AM
    i bought the seido face in case, black rubber and it works great, no problems. spring clip at the top. i have only found it on this site. all the others arent worth it.
    02-06-09 07:53 AM
    i use the oem bold holster, was a little tight first few days, but once broken in, it works well....
    02-06-09 07:59 AM

Anyone?
    I got my Storm, and VZ recommended holster on Day 1. Later I purchased the same BB silicon case as you. The holster loosened up and now my BB slips in/out with ease and I keep the case on.

I like how I set the phone to answer when I pull it from the case.
    02-06-09 08:05 AM
    Seido premium holsters will hold it, and they are releasing a redesigned version with sleep magnet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 10:08 AM
    Tried 8830 case, still is a very tight fit. Wtf?
    it will stretch/break in, just as the guy using the bold case said. I have been using mine for quite some time now.
    02-06-09 10:32 AM
    I got my Storm, and VZ recommended holster on Day 1. Later I purchased the same BB silicon case as you. The holster loosened up and now my BB slips in/out with ease and I keep the case on.

I like how I set the phone to answer when I pull it from the case.
    Hmm. Maybe I should've gave it a chance before I traded it to a friend for his cheap holster, although mine fits and comes out quite well from this cheap one.
    02-06-09 10:33 AM
    tag..thanks
    02-06-09 05:17 PM
    I have the silicone skin with the original holster. You just need to stretch it out. What I did was shove my TV remote in it and leave it over night for a couple of nights to stretch. It slides in and out with ease now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD