01-04-09 05:36 PM
31 12
tools
    first, i am enjoying my Storm. hope you are too! i'm extremely grateful to be back on Verizon and with my BB.

NOW THEN...

1. i have the clear plastic protector from Verizon on my screen so far - it works well
    2. the Holster i have makes me insert my phone sideways, which makes it virtually impossible for me to pull it out of the case without pushing a couple buttons or the touch screen... the case also has a velcro flap and does not have the magnet job that used to turn my 7130 to standby...

anyone know a good holster that's a top loading form factor, no top strap, and maybe even has the little magnet feature, or is this too early to ask? I checked the CB store and they didn't have much for the Storm yet... at least nothing that appealed to what i listed.

this is called iWant-To-Carry

thanks in advance for the insight/help
    Last edited by the1sen; 11-25-08 at 11:12 PM.
    11-25-08 11:10 PM
    The best accessories I've found are from seidioonline.com . They're good quality and relatively inexpensive.
    11-25-08 11:26 PM
    hi, yeah, i tried them, no dice yet.

wound up buying this guy...

VERTICAL POUCH A02

any experience with Sena? I have read some positive commentary re: their quality. thought to give them a try.
    11-26-08 12:11 AM
    Holy crap 40.00 for that case? Must have a gold lining.
    11-26-08 12:24 AM
    I'm using my holster from my 8310 curve and fits perfectly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 12:35 AM
    LOL

yeah, i thought it was pricey too... but i gotta get something and no one has anything without a flap, or some other annoyance...

so i made the nestea plunge - hope it is worth it.

● Padded Protection
    ● Integrated ratcheting belt clip
    ● Soft Velvet Lining
    ● Top quality full grain leather
    ● Compatible with Blackberry's sleep function

hope it's not that cheap, soft leather that stretches with time... yuck. i also hope it has s stiff clip so when i pull the Storm out of the case the case doesn't come off my belt...

i really just want a case like my 7130 came with, but hey - ya gotta do what ya gotta do... this is called iDesperate-For-A-Case
    11-26-08 12:38 AM
    which case are you using from the Curve?
    11-26-08 12:40 AM
    i use the rotating clip holster that came with my 8830 WE... it works great. It's not too tight on the phone.
    11-26-08 12:44 AM
    Bought a black rubber style fitted case. Original BB accessory. Its rubber buts its really smooth so its easy to slide into a pocket. I'm really impressed.
    11-26-08 12:52 AM
    i picked up one of verizon's clear plastic hard cases for now, in green, looks great. waiting on sedio's innocase. also waiting for my invisheild to get here
    11-26-08 01:07 AM
    Try bestbuy.com and search for the Storm. I was able to find a plastic holster and it works great!!!
    Last edited by atang79; 11-26-08 at 11:59 AM.
    11-26-08 01:31 AM
    wound up buying this guy...

VERTICAL POUCH A02

that looks very nice and totally worth the price! post up a review with pics when you get it!
    11-26-08 01:31 AM
    i picked up one of verizon's clear plastic hard cases for now, in green, looks great. waiting on sedio's innocase. also waiting for my invisheild to get here
    Ha! I got one of the green plastic hard cases too. Looks like an apple jolly rancher. I therefore have named my Storm the "Green Apple Killer"

I also bought the clear plastic screen protectors from Verizon. Was supposed to be 3 for $9.99 but for some reason I walked out with 3 for $7 and change. Hey, it's the little things in life that make me happy.
    11-26-08 01:58 AM
    Bought a black rubber style fitted case. Original BB accessory. Its rubber buts its really smooth so its easy to slide into a pocket. I'm really impressed.
    I have the same case, not bad with my IS screen protector. Both should work fine until Seino comes out with there Innocase

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 01:59 AM
    Using the Blackberry Leather Belt Pouch that I used with my Curve.
    11-26-08 02:00 AM
    Im using a silicone blackberry branded cover for mine. I also bought the blackberry bold leather vertical case with magnetic cover to carry it in. Its the perfect size to put the storm in with the silicone cover on it. It doesnt bunch up and is easy to get in and out without being loose and having to worry its going to fall out.
    11-26-08 02:06 AM
    I also bought the clear plastic screen protectors from Verizon. Was supposed to be 3 for $9.99 but for some reason I walked out with 3 for $7 and change. Hey, it's the little things in life that make me happy.

VIP status = 30% off.

I used VIP status to get my bundle of car charger, Jawbone 2, and the case pictured below for a little under 100 bucks (buy the Jawbone 2 BT and get the other 2 items, 40 dollar total value, for free) when the normal price was 130.

Enter your location

That's the side holster (it sits horizontal, not sure why VZW pictures it veritcal) and is a magnetic connector that's strong enough that it doesn't bounce out but weak enough that it's easy to get my storm in and out. The pouch is easy to open wide to make sure my phone doesn't miss it. Also if i have the phone screen facing in toward me with the speaker toward the front of my body, the headphone jack sticks out perfectly for listening to music on the go.

Screen protectors i have are just the stock ones. I bought GA but am not putting it on until the stock protector doesn't look very good anymore.

no case yet. Think i'm gonna get a thin silicon one for protection against exterior scratches once my gift card comes in.
    Last edited by CSSVT; 11-26-08 at 03:03 AM.
    11-26-08 02:57 AM
    no case yet. Think i'm gonna get a thin silicon one for protection against exterior scratches once my gift card comes in.
    Does that sideways case have room for the storm to fit in it with a silicon case too?

I have the Verizon silicon cover right now but am looking for a case to keep the dust and lint out from around the screen. Ideally I'm looking for one that is magnetic but also allows me to keep my silicon cover on the entire time as well.
    11-26-08 10:57 AM
    I have been using Ghost Armor and the "Pouch" from BB that Verizon sells.
    I have been very happy with it for the past couple of days.
    It does push on the screen some when I insert it into the pouch.

.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=1085 6

you need to add in the w w w.
    11-26-08 11:38 AM
    The best accessories I've found are from seidioonline.com . They're good quality and relatively inexpensive.
    Thanks for that link...I'm interested in the FlexArmor Black because it looks like it could handle a minor fall and the Ultimate Screen Guard. Hope they ship together.
    11-26-08 11:56 AM
    I put Ghost Armor on mine and I got the free leather slip case with the Jawbone 2 instead of that pouch with the flap. It fits kind of tight in there though.
    11-26-08 12:03 PM
    Does that sideways case have room for the storm to fit in it with a silicon case too?

I have the Verizon silicon cover right now but am looking for a case to keep the dust and lint out from around the screen. Ideally I'm looking for one that is magnetic but also allows me to keep my silicon cover on the entire time as well.
    I couldn't quite tell you as I don't have a silicon cover yet. The storm isn't SNUG but it's not loose either. You could always try it out once you get the new cover and if it doesn't work, simply return it for another one.
    11-26-08 12:51 PM
    i have the pink silicone case from verizon. good protection and doesn't add too much bulk; it also makes the phone less slippery (i'm a clutz). i still have the stock screen protector on until i can get something else.
    11-26-08 01:00 PM
    I have the leather BB storm pouch Has any one else had problems with the hard key's getting caught on the pouch and breaking?
    11-27-08 09:50 AM
    I have the crystal case, same as the green one the other posters mentioned, but clear. I had bought another crystal case at a 3rd party VZ store about 30min before I found the official VZ case at a VZ kiosk. I liked it so much better so I took the other one back.

One good thing about this is its not ridiculously impossible to take off in-case you need to do a battery pull. The first case I bought, from the 3rd party store, was practically welded together once it was on the phone.

I dont use any face protection, just the one that came on the phone. I never used anything on my iPhone and never had any problems.
    11-27-08 09:57 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD