this is so annoying, i have like a zillion NORMAL usb cables that work with bluetooths, and just about every blackberry on the planet (at least with my old 8830). Now the storm comes out and I have to get new USB data cables. The one they gave me just isnt enough (one for home, one for office at least, come on)

where can I get a decent Storm data cable, without charging me a lot more than i should pay.

(annoyed that i have to got MORE usb cables to add to my collection)
    06-08-09 02:01 PM
    These are called Micro USB connectors vs the Mini that you are use to.
    I got two for only $6.50 on E bay
    06-08-09 02:06 PM
    Did they work alright? I'm skeptical of cords on ebay b/c sometimes they dont always work and take a lot of time to transfer data....
    06-08-09 02:08 PM
    I got mine from VZW directly for like 10 bucks. Not sure what they're supposed to cost from them though. I'm sure you could find them cheaper online.

Quick FYI though: Micro usb (the one found on the storm) has been adopted to the universal standard for all phones/accessories and everything in the world is "supposed" to be shifting to it. Was announced at the worldwide mobile conference earlier in the year. Soon you should see all motorola/rim/samsung/etc using this port. All the newer blackberries also use this port.
    06-08-09 02:09 PM
    try newegg
    06-08-09 02:23 PM
    06-08-09 02:46 PM
    I got a couple of those little adapters on line and they charge and transfer data just fine
    06-08-09 02:51 PM
    I got mine from VZW directly for like 10 bucks. Not sure what they're supposed to cost from them though. I'm sure you could find them cheaper online.

Quick FYI though: Micro usb (the one found on the storm) has been adopted to the universal standard for all phones/accessories and everything in the world is "supposed" to be shifting to it. Was announced at the worldwide mobile conference earlier in the year. Soon you should see all motorola/rim/samsung/etc using this port. All the newer blackberries also use this port.

I take it you .151 is a hybird...???....???
    06-08-09 02:55 PM
    FYI--I believe the micro USB is the "new" standard for mobile devices and that all manufacturers are supposed to start using them. Some (like blackberry) have done so before they needed to, others (like Apple) probably won't until they're forced, but this is good news, IMO.

I was a little miffed that I could use any of my old mini-USB cables though...I bought a couple of mini to micro converters which were slightly cheaper then new cables and especially chargers.

UPDATE:
    My apologies to arcanexvi for not noticing he had already posted this info.
    Last edited by PaintDrinkingPete; 06-08-09 at 04:16 PM.
    06-08-09 04:14 PM
    I switched to the Storm from a Motorola Krzr K1m. The K1m uses a mini usb connector so I bought a couple of the mini usb to micro usb adapters. They work great for charging and for data transfer. No speed issues.
    06-09-09 02:01 AM
    i picked up an extra cord from verizon for less than 10 bucks!!...thats pretty cheap to me
    06-09-09 04:21 AM
    this is so annoying, i have like a zillion NORMAL usb cables that work with bluetooths, and just about every blackberry on the planet (at least with my old 8830). Now the storm comes out and I have to get new USB data cables. The one they gave me just isnt enough (one for home, one for office at least, come on)

where can I get a decent Storm data cable, without charging me a lot more than i should pay.

(annoyed that i have to got MORE usb cables to add to my collection)

don't worry it looks as if mini usb will be becoming the standard in a ton of devices..

there trying to go across the board with it in all phones from every manufacturer
    06-09-09 05:35 AM
    Monoprice.com is the best place for cables of any sort, I picked up two 6' micro-usb cables for about $7 shipped.
    06-09-09 10:46 AM
    06-09-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD