08-12-09 11:18 PM
71 123
tools
    NewEgg had the charging pod for 19.99, but they're currently out of stock. If you can't get a Verizon Corporate discount, enter code "acc5" at checkout with Verizon. It takes $5 off any accessory. Hope this helps some of you.
    12-08-08 01:09 PM
    if u want to use it as a 2nd charger. get a cheapo charger off of ebay. they are like 4 bucks for a non oem charger.
    12-10-08 01:52 AM
    yea i got mines for like $22 but i'm returning it because i have the silicone on it and thats to much of a hassle taking it off and puting it on.
    I'm selling mine for same reason. Too much of a hassle to take the silicone case on and off. I still use it as an alarm clock though, I just have to pick up the phone to see what time it is now.
    12-10-08 02:47 AM
    yea i got mines for like $22 but i'm returning it because i have the silicone on it and thats to much of a hassle taking it off and puting it on.
    Get rid of the case then
    12-10-08 02:52 AM
    A question for those who already have the cradle.

If the cradle can be securely fitted to a dashboard, does the phone fit tight enough for it not to fall out while driving.
    12-10-08 05:30 AM
    Does anyone know the difference between the 2 docks for sale on Newegg?
    (other than price)

They have different model/part numbers.... and one is described as charging while the other is charging/sync ---- but I'd never read on any thread about 2 different docks.

Any input before I order the cheaper one?

Newegg.com - storm, Cell Phone Accessories, BLACKBERRY, Cell Phones
    12-16-08 01:43 PM
    i've read from kenbmd and others that the cradle works fine with a storm that is covered with Phantom Skinz. i have installed the complete body kit for my storm, and my phone does not really fit the cradle. sure you could jam it in there, but it's a very tight fit and the skin over the corners gets abused
    12-16-08 02:24 PM
    love mine...very simple yet keeps the phone at a nice viewing angle. Doesn't fit with my silicone skin... so I have to dress it evry morning!

Don't know the deal with the 2 different ones on newegg.com... I'd def get in touch with them and find out whats up...let us know
    Last edited by vdubnbass; 12-16-08 at 02:59 PM.
    12-16-08 02:54 PM
    i like amzer as well
    03-24-09 12:04 AM
    I think i might just buy one of these. =)
    03-24-09 03:12 AM
    It's that much of a hassle to take a silicone case off???
    03-24-09 03:29 AM
    it charges you just plug your charger into the back of it
    yep well im going to vzw to day to buy one
    03-24-09 05:43 AM
    I have the cradle, just got it last night. You simply plug in the USB port into the back of it, or the wall charger into the back. It fits very nicely into the cradle. You can leave the phone in the cradle and its easy to text without having to remove it. I'm actually going to get another cradle for in the bedroom, so I can just pop the phone in at night instead of having to take the cradle with me and plugging it into the wall charger in the dark. (yes, its hard for me to find the hole in the dark lol)
    I'm with you dude, going to get a second one for beside my bed and plug the charger into it and leave the downstairs one plugged into the PC. That way I have a cool alarm clock and a fully charged Storm in the morning and a very cool looking dock for when I am at my desk.
    08-11-09 05:23 PM
    Nice I love mines I use mine at the pc looks so sleek with the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 05:43 PM
    I absolutely love it. I was a little annoyed that it didn't come with its own power cord but I got over it after seeing the glorious sight of my new alarm clock that doubles as a Smartphone. woo
    08-12-09 12:15 PM
    I got one off of eBay that came with a charger (I made sure of this). Works like a charm for the alarm clock by the bed as others have said.

Just wish I had one for the office.

Only drawback is if you use a case, the case must be removed prior to placing in the charger.
    08-12-09 12:40 PM
    Which cradle is this?

08-12-09 02:28 PM
    Mine need s little pulling to get the storm off the cradle. Like it get stuck a little...

is only me or this happen to everyone as well?
    08-12-09 05:13 PM
    Doesn't happen to mines.
    08-12-09 09:56 PM
    Mine works great...only problem was that I damaged the connection cable (USB cable) when I packed it in a hurry and left it plugged in the docking station. The connection is now a bit bent and sometimes I loose "contact" during sync. Nothing a new cable can't fix.

08-12-09 10:51 PM
    Does anybody think that the light is still too bright even after it dims? Besides the "night-light" effect, I love the cradle.
    +1 - When it goes into beside mode, I find it a little too bright so I just turn it away. Alarm still works!
    08-12-09 11:18 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD