08-12-09 11:18 PM
71 123
tools
    I like mine, but the other night at 3:00 a.m. the Storm froze up in the cradle, and I kept thinking that it was the middle of the night although it was morning. Thankfully my DH was already up and woke me up.

So, I wouldn't get rid of a backup system just yet....
    11-27-08 03:20 PM
    Got mine Tuesday. It is nice, but the white light on the back of it is really annoying. Still hasnt replaced my alarm clock, because the display is too bright for me to leave it right next to my bed and on all night.
    same here, I love it, but the white light lit up my bedroom... thats when I pulled out elecrical tape... Nice and dark now. Whats the purpose of that light anyways? So you can find your way to bed in the dark when you try to sneak in after spending half the night up playing with your storm and don't want your wife to wake up?
    11-27-08 03:27 PM
    I use mine for charging, etc. too, but I really got it because it's so much more comfortable to watch a movie while it's in the cradle than to hold the phone the whole time during a two hour movie. I plan to plug it into my car charger, place the dock on the dash, and watch away on my next long trip (right after Christmas), while my husband and son do the driving.
    11-27-08 03:35 PM
    I use mine for charging, etc. too, but I really got it because it's so much more comfortable to watch a movie while it's in the cradle than to hold the phone the whole time during a two hour movie. I plan to plug it into my car charger, place the dock on the dash, and watch away on my next long trip (right after Christmas), while my husband and son do the driving.
    I was thinking of using the cradle in the car for VZ Navigator, however I'm afraid it will slide all over the dash. Any recommendations for keeping it steady while using it for either the Navigator or watching your movies?
    11-27-08 03:52 PM
    I have to agree with everyone that feels it's a nice extra for the Storm. I've always had one for my Curve, so it was only right to get my Storm one as well. It's nice to have it next to the bed or on your desk and use it as a clock as well.
    11-27-08 03:53 PM
    Awesome...thanks for the reviews! I'm gonna get it!
    11-27-08 07:49 PM
    I was thinking of using the cradle in the car for VZ Navigator, however I'm afraid it will slide all over the dash. Any recommendations for keeping it steady while using it for either the Navigator or watching your movies?
    that's my plan as well. i'm going to try "boat tape" (which is another term for heavy duty velcro and can be purchased at most marine supply stores.)
    11-27-08 08:30 PM
    Cradle sucks if you use a silicon cover. Now I have to dress my Storm every morning!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 09:38 PM
    I have two. One in my office and one at home. I love this. I use a set of bluetooth speakers at the office and it is perfect. Like Woddy said,"If you don"t have one. Get one!".
    11-28-08 04:52 AM
    It is much easier for me to plug the cable into the phone. I have a silicone case on my phone so I have to remove it to put it in the cradle were as I can just plug the cable into the side of the phone without removing the case. Even without having to remove the cover it takes me 3 seconds to plug the phone in vs 2 seconds to put it in the cradle. 1 second is not enough time difference to recommend spending the $30. The only bonus I see is the ability to use it as a clock/alarm.

I purchased the cradle to use as a clock and to have a second charger in the bedroom. Since it does not come with its own power cable the 2nd charger function went out the window.
    Hmmm, I'm always giving a guy at work a hard time for putting his iPhone in a case. I mean, they spend, literally millions of dollars for each millimeter they can lose in designing a phone, and then the users go and stick *several* millimeters back on in one fell swoop?

If you're gonna use a case I wouldn't bother with the dock except maybe if you want the bedside mode functionality.

--bg

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 10:16 AM
    Does anyone know who has these ready to ship? I would buy here from CB but they are out to 12/12 and I'm taking a trip this Thursday and would like to have it.

Ken
    12-07-08 04:25 PM
    I bought mine from Verizon Wireless website. Received it in 2 or 3 days. Very happy with craddle.
    12-07-08 04:31 PM
    best $19.49 I have spent with VZW - and received it the following day. Great for alarm clock, charger and now I always know where I leave it. Will probably by another one to leave in my travel bag. [I never trust the hotel clocks]
    12-07-08 05:43 PM
    I have the charging pod and I say that it is one of the best purchases that I have made for the Storm. I think that using the charging pod puts less stress on the charging port on the device. I use a skin also and it is a hassle having to take it off in order to put it into the pod, but I realize that it would be much more of a hassle to replace the phone because the charging port has fallen out. I don't find the pod power light to be a problem.
    12-07-08 05:54 PM
    Does anybody think that the light is still too bright even after it dims? Besides the "night-light" effect, I love the cradle.
    Last edited by terpbkim; 12-07-08 at 06:10 PM.
    12-07-08 06:02 PM
    Mine doesn't keep a constant connection. I am constantly getting the windows pop-up as if i just connected it.
    12-07-08 06:28 PM
    I love mine very easy to throw on at night and charge and now doubles as my alarm clock. I am debating buying another to set by my computer as well. Cant believe the light bothers ppl I can barely see it at all maybe mine aint as bright or something lol
    12-07-08 06:38 PM
    Where did you get it for 20 bucks? Its listed as 30 through Crackberry.

Those complaining about having to buy another charger... Why not just get a USB cable instead. That way it charges and syncs with your computer.
    12-07-08 06:47 PM
    I love the cradle, but as noted you have to chose between the cradle and a protective wrap or dress your Storm everyday.

I also like the little light on the top of it. It's just bright enough so you can find the cradle in the dark, but not bright enough to be annoying. It doesn't actually provide notable light in the room. ANd even if it is on when the phone is in the cradle, the phone blocks it so you can't see the little light directly anyway. Plus, the screen on the phone is much brighter than the light on the cradle. But I guess some people have to have complete darkness to sleep.
    12-07-08 07:04 PM
    I love the cradle, but as noted you have to chose between the cradle and a protective wrap or dress your Storm everyday.
    I just ordered PhantomSkinz for mine. It works with the cradle. I wonder if they have them at the local store, I want mine for a trip I'm taking.
    12-07-08 07:26 PM
    +1 for cradle love. Like many I have the silicone skin and the leather holster, and prefer the holster to the dust magnet, so stripping my storm nekkid isn't that much of a hassle. If you're part of the VZW VIP bs you can get the cradle for around 20 bucks shipped, from them.
    12-07-08 07:26 PM
    Am I ********, I cant seem to find any Storm accessories on the VZ site....

**EDIT** NVM, I am ********... but i found it
    12-07-08 07:39 PM
    Where did you get it for 20 bucks? Its listed as 30 through Crackberry.

Those complaining about having to buy another charger... Why not just get a USB cable instead. That way it charges and syncs with your computer.
    35% corp discount on accessories [plus free shipping via FedEx]. I think they lose on this deal.
    12-07-08 07:41 PM
    I am definitely gonna get one when I get my storm......I love the alarm clock feature.
    12-07-08 09:13 PM
    yea i got mines for like $22 but i'm returning it because i have the silicone on it and thats to much of a hassle taking it off and puting it on.
    12-08-08 09:01 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD