12-29-08 04:14 PM
35 12
tools
    You asked for pictures and here you have it. These pictures are of the new Blackberry Storm, in and next to the Verizon Charging Pod. The Storm has had a complete PhantomSkinz Full Body kit applied to it prior to insertion into the Pod. It works perfectly with the Pod and does not interfere with the insertion or removal from the Pod.

Please feel free to leave any questions or comments and we will be sure to respond.
    11-26-08 08:52 PM
    Where do I get that pod?
    11-26-08 10:33 PM
    Where do I get that pod?
    We did an installation for a CB at our office and the guy brought it in. He said that he got it at Verizon. If you have trouble finding it, email me and I will find your answer.
    11-26-08 10:52 PM
    So yea, I think I'm leaning towards Phantom Skinz, Guru. Since it covers more of the phone, and you get mutiple kits in the shipment you'll receive. That means I'll be able to buy my wife the screen kit for her voyager, she's already got a pink rubber case, so it will work out perfect. And besides...hers will be free! I do have one more question though, have you or anyone you know personally have had their PS scratched or banged up, and then within the 24 hrs of supposed healing.....did it actually heal up? Did it look like nothing happened at all? Just wanted to throw that out there for you....
    11-26-08 11:06 PM
    You get multiple skins but its not scratch proof like the others correct? It just protects the phone from getting scratched?
    11-26-08 11:18 PM
    You get multiple skins but its not scratch proof like the others correct? It just protects the phone from getting scratched?
    Another question for you Guru. ^ Pretty much what I was asking up above, but a little more simplified, lol.
    11-26-08 11:20 PM
    So yea, I think I'm leaning towards Phantom Skinz, Guru. Since it covers more of the phone, and you get mutiple kits in the shipment you'll receive. That means I'll be able to buy my wife the screen kit for her voyager, she's already got a pink rubber case, so it will work out perfect. And besides...hers will be free! I do have one more question though, have you or anyone you know personally have had their PS scratched or banged up, and then within the 24 hrs of supposed healing.....did it actually heal up? Did it look like nothing happened at all? Just wanted to throw that out there for you....
    Ta da! Best question of the day, so far.

Self Healing - PhantomSkinz really does self-heal. But there actually is no super secret to it. Most scratches (greater than 70%) are actually indentations that appear to be scratches. The indentation is actually in the film's adhesive and is viewed as a scratch since a line appears in the film. When you look at your phone covered with our skin, it appears to be scratched, but in reality it is not.

If you wish to challenge me on this, use your finger nail and run it length ways across the film. This will leave an indentation, which most people will say is a scratch (Don't go crazy here. It still is your phone and we don't want to damage it.) Since our film's adhesive never dries (don't get this confused with being wet and watery) the indentation actually flows out and the scratch seems to self-heal. This often takes 24 hours but it really does happen. I have my Storm in my pocket all day and when I remove it, it has lines everywhere since I carry other items in my pocket. At night they disappear.

So can the film really be scratched? YES. PhantomSkinz AND "the other guys" films can be scratched. Don't kid yourself. Not one of our products are "Scratch Proof".

Great Questions deserve thorough answers. Ask away. We love it!
    11-26-08 11:24 PM
    imann,

Correct. See my explanation in the adjoining post. None of the products are "Scratch Proof"!
    11-26-08 11:25 PM
    Looks good might have to get one
    11-26-08 11:28 PM
    Awesome answer! Kudos Guru. heh.
    11-26-08 11:29 PM
    Does it effect the fuction at all, and if it does, what type of warrenty is there?
    11-26-08 11:31 PM
    Does it effect the fuction at all, and if it does, what type of warrenty is there?
    Hi Joe,

Believe me, it does not alter the sensitivity. But better to ask a fellow CB. They have our product on Storms out there. I know because we did 2 Storms today at our office and have shipped many others. Just use the "Search Forums" tab above, type in "PhantomSkinz" and ask them their opinion. (sorry if you already know this stuff)

I honestly do not know how you would warranty "sensitivity" as it is a subjective sense. I have heard that you can adjust the sensitivity on your phone though if you find in necessary. The factory setting is plenty good for me!
    11-26-08 11:47 PM
    "tapping foot" I am waiting on mine. lol!! i think it was mailed out today I got my status changed to mailing confirmation!

Tumaz: I have kinda followed you around with this skin thing cause you helped me out the other week. I ordered the other one and I actually cancelled it. And i ordered this one today so I hope it's as great as it seems to be.
    11-26-08 11:48 PM
    Hi Joe,

Believe me, it does not alter the sensitivity. But better to ask a fellow CB. They have our product on Storms out there. I know because we did 2 Storms today at our office and have shipped many others. Just use the "Search Forums" tab above, type in "PhantomSkinz" and ask them their opinion. (sorry if you already know this stuff)

I honestly do not know how you would warranty "sensitivity" as it is a subjective sense. I have heard that you can adjust the sensitivity on your phone though if you find in necessary. The factory setting is plenty good for me!
    Thanks will do
    11-26-08 11:53 PM
    I got my Charging pod today and I have the Invisible shield full body on my Storm, and it fits but is VERY snug.... to a point that it does not slip out of the cradle when tipped upside down.
    11-27-08 12:01 AM
    how tedious is this to install? seems like u need alot of patience
    11-27-08 12:03 AM
    how tedious is this to install? seems like u need alot of patience
    Buck,

You are correct. It does require patience. But that being said, I think most anyone can do it. Here is the link to our installation video for the BB Bold 9000 so that you can get an idea.

PhantomSkinz Application Demo Blackberry Bold 9000
    11-27-08 12:16 AM
    where can i buy one and have it professionally applied in the los angeles area?
    11-27-08 12:42 AM
    IMO, I wouldn't get a screen protector bc it does affect the sensitivity of the screen.
    I would just get insurance and some OEM screens to replace the screen when (not if) it gets scratched.
    Getting protecting skins for the outside of the phone is a good idea though.
    11-27-08 12:44 AM
    where can i buy one and have it professionally applied in the los angeles area?
    Unfortunately we do not have a retail store in the LA area yet. Sorry. Your only choice for PhantomSkinz in LA is to order on online and install it yourself.
    11-27-08 12:48 AM
    IMO, I wouldn't get a screen protector bc it does affect the sensitivity of the screen.
    I would just get insurance and some OEM screens to replace the screen when (not if) it gets scratched.
    Getting protecting skins for the outside of the phone is a good idea though.
    jt,

Our product does not affect the screen sensitivity. You can check other posts for verification. I cannot say the same about others.

Thanks for the comments!
    11-27-08 12:49 AM
    Hi Phantom, do you also install the full kit if we want? Ii am terrible at these things and have screwed up my share on my XV6700. Don't want to repeat it on my Storm.
    11-27-08 01:49 PM
    Where do I get one?
    11-27-08 01:53 PM
    Hi Phantom, do you also install the full kit if we want? Ii am terrible at these things and have screwed up my share on my XV6700. Don't want to repeat it on my Storm.
    We will install any PhantomSkinz kit that you purchase from us if you make an appointment at our main office number. And there is no charge at our design lab in AZ. (480) 497-2965.
    11-27-08 02:01 PM
    Where do I get one?
    Here is the link to our Storm Page......

Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for Blackberry Storm

You can begin shopping there.
    11-27-08 02:03 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD