Ok, I'm having a major brain freeze (long day) and that was the best way that I can describe it There's clearly something wrong with my charger insert thingy. Initially, I thought it was my wall charger until my phone failed to charge in the car and even connected to the USB/laptop. I have to manipulate the cord in order to my phone to charge. I'm thinking I'll have to bug Verizon for yet another replacement, but you all seem to have all the answers here so I figured I'd give it a shot lol Any solutions?
    07-19-09 10:23 PM
    There's no solution to this problem. You will certainly need to get a replacement phone. This is a big problem for the Storm!
    07-19-09 10:33 PM
    Ok, I'm having a major brain freeze (long day) and that was the best way that I can describe it There's clearly something wrong with my charger insert thingy. Initially, I thought it was my wall charger until my phone failed to charge in the car and even connected to the USB/laptop. I have to manipulate the cord in order to my phone to charge. I'm thinking I'll have to bug Verizon for yet another replacement, but you all seem to have all the answers here so I figured I'd give it a shot lol Any solutions?
    So I was recently having very similar problem. When plugging the micro usb into either my phone or my dock I realized that u had to move the cord to find tbe "sweet spot". St first I just assumed it was my phone; then my girlfriend bought the tour and I decided I may as well try her charger cable to see if it would have this problem. It worked flawlessly so now I am going to call Verizon and request a replacement charger cable because I'm a little wary of returning my otherwise flawless storm for a problem with the cable. So perhaps you are having a similar problem should prolly just test another charger because that will probably be less of a hassle than a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 11:13 PM
    So I was recently having very similar problem. When plugging the micro usb into either my phone or my dock I realized that u had to move the cord to find tbe "sweet spot". St first I just assumed it was my phone; then my girlfriend bought the tour and I decided I may as well try her charger cable to see if it would have this problem. It worked flawlessly so now I am going to call Verizon and request a replacement charger cable because I'm a little wary of returning my otherwise flawless storm for a problem with the cable. So perhaps you are having a similar problem should prolly just test another charger because that will probably be less of a hassle than a new phone.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it's the phone, however. It does this with all my chargers, including my wall and car chargers.
    07-19-09 11:25 PM
    I hate to say it but it must be a hardware issue and you're going to have to get another replacement. How many have you had?
    07-20-09 01:51 AM
    this is some BS I never had a problem until a few days ago and now i can't even get my phone to charge without me having to hold it in a certain position. Not cool RIM i hope that they fix this issue with future storms that are coming down the line.......and maybe give a free phone..or replace the USB problem for all of us on these 1G
    07-20-09 04:14 PM
    Had this same issue with my blackberry curve 8330 but with the curve you could get a charging dock and use the metal contacts to charge it. With the storm you only get one way to charge it. Hope this doesn't happen to me. I am using the charging dock and so far so good.

You should ask for a replacement and try to get a new one, not a refurbished one.
    07-20-09 05:37 PM
    this is some BS I never had a problem until a few days ago and now i can't even get my phone to charge without me having to hold it in a certain position. Not cool RIM i hope that they fix this issue with future storms that are coming down the line.......and maybe give a free phone..or replace the USB problem for all of us on these 1G
    Stuff breaks, particularly when you're talking about something mechanical. The microUSB port gets connected and disconnected several times a day, so some are going to wear out. Designers always have to make tradeoffs between durability and size, weight and price.

For instance, I've heard several comedians ask why they don't make planes out of the same stuff as the flight recorders, since the black boxes are always recovered from the crash. The obvious reason is that a plane armored as heavily as the black box would never get off the ground.
    07-20-09 06:07 PM
    I hate to say it but it must be a hardware issue and you're going to have to get another replacement. How many have you had?
    I've had 2 do that. Replaced with no questions asked.

07-20-09 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD