OK, here's my story ...

The charger that came with my Storm is at my BF's house. It's like on the other side of Jersey. So I can't get it until I see him on Friday. So yesterday I went to a Verizon "Authorized Location" to get another charger, since I don't have one. So I got it. They checked it for me and everything ... the clock came on when plugged in so all was well.

I bring the charger to work with me today so it can charge at my desk. NOW I can't use the BB when it's charging, AND when I unplug it, the ******* screen is useless. I can't scroll ... and it's just going nuts with everything I touch. The blue highlight is just bouncing around ... it's just messing up the clicking and scrolling entirely.

Anyway ... I am heading back to that stupid store now, it's around the corner from my office. I will keep you guys posted. I just wanted to know if anyone had similar issues with other chargers.

Back in a bit fellow addicts!
    Last edited by danesy; 02-04-09 at 09:15 AM. Reason: More information.
    02-04-09 09:14 AM
    Yeah, that happens with some chargers. A battery pull will get it working again, but get a different charger,
    02-04-09 09:21 AM
    OK, so I get another charger ... the guy in the store tests it. I can scroll, click, etc. while it's plugged in. I unplug it ... same thing ... it works fine.

I just get back to my office ... I plug it in for 2 seconds ... it's useless again. I just had to do another battery pull. I think until I can get to the mall, I am going to just get the AC adapter for my car charger. Ugh ... just so frustrating. I just want a charger for this phone ...
    02-04-09 10:17 AM
    Maybe it has something to do with THAT outlet, try another one and see what happens
    02-04-09 10:19 AM
    Just another silly question ... if I keep pulling the battery, will that damage the phone?
    02-04-09 10:21 AM
    Did you get the same charger model? The problem is not a defective charger. I think that the problem is related to the charger not putting out enough amperage for the Storm. The OEM charger puts out 700 mA. You should try to get chargers that put out that much amperage or more.
    02-04-09 10:26 AM
    Maybe it has something to do with THAT outlet, try another one and see what happens
    HA! I was plugging into a cheap 6 way under my desk. I just tried plugging it into the Belkin 6 way ... a very good one ... and it seems OK now. Either way, I am going to an ACTUAL Verizon store after work to swap out my car charger for a spare home charger.

This is why I love this site.... you guys rock.
    02-04-09 10:26 AM
    Did you get the same charger model? The problem is not a defective charger. I think that the problem is related to the charger not putting out enough amperage for the Storm. The OEM charger puts out 700 mA. You should try to get chargers that put out that much amperage or more.
    Actually, it isn't the same model. It's a T-Mobile Blackberry charger. The guy in the store (not the Verizon store, cause they gave me a hard time, till I demanded my money back), told me the reason that the T-Mobile one was working was because it wasn't "aftermarket." He said it's actually for a Blackberry from T-Mobile, as opposed to the piece of junk I got from the Verizon store.

Also, the so called "rep" in the Verizon store told me the same nonsense about shutting my phone off. He said it's going to "damage" the battery, and me leaving it on all the time while charging is "bad" for it. Do they intentionally hire morons????
    02-04-09 10:29 AM
    Just another silly question ... if I keep pulling the battery, will that damage the phone?
    No, it won't.
    02-04-09 11:44 AM
    No, it won't.
    Thanks. Cause this charger is acting up again. Until I can leave work, it's off and charging.

Thanks for all your help guys.
    02-04-09 11:46 AM
    That's very weird. I think it is just an amperage problem like someone stated.
    02-04-09 11:47 AM
    I use a cheap micro-usb cable (product ID 4868) from monoprice.com plus a usb 12V adapter (search for product ID 3523) as my car charger and simply plug the cable in to my computer at work to use as a charger at work. The cable isn't as shielded as the one that came with the BB but all I use it for is charging so it doesn't really matter
    02-04-09 11:59 AM
    get a new bf
    02-04-09 12:02 PM
    I use a cheap micro-usb cable (product ID 4868) from monoprice.com plus a usb 12V adapter (search for product ID 3523) as my car charger and simply plug the cable in to my computer at work to use as a charger at work. The cable isn't as shielded as the one that came with the BB but all I use it for is charging so it doesn't really matter
    I can't plug anything into my USB @ work... they encrypted everything, so if I do, it's only going to **** up my BB.

get a new bf
    What does that have to do with anything ???
    02-04-09 12:04 PM
    Is this the same Danesy from Wackbag?
    If so, hello!
    If not, hello!
    02-04-09 12:05 PM
    Is this the same Danesy from Wackbag?
    If so, hello!
    If not, hello!
    HA! Yes, and I have no idea who you are ... but HEY!

02-04-09 12:08 PM
    I can't plug anything into my USB @ work... they encrypted everything, so if I do, it's only going to **** up my BB.
    try out this... its a wall outlet USB charger, $1.90... can't beat that

www monoprice com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10311&cs_id=1031106&p_i d=3540&seq=1&format=2

Even if your computer refuses to talk to your BB, I think the USB port might still supply power unless they have it completely disabled. At work, our usb isn't locked down but I still hit cancel at all the add new hardware prompts because i didn't want to install any drivers for the storm, just charge it
    02-04-09 12:24 PM

What does that have to do with anything ???
    if you get a new bf, you should get a crackberry member that way you wont have to carry your charger with you
    02-04-09 12:33 PM
    So has anyone has experiece with these cheaply priced car chargers? I see a couple on Amazon and Ebay. Are they trustworthy? Any one purchase them before?
    02-04-09 12:45 PM
    if you get a new bf, you should get a crackberry member that way you wont have to carry your charger with you
    Valid point ... I will keep that in mind ...
    02-04-09 12:46 PM
    So has anyone has experiece with these cheaply priced car chargers? I see a couple on Amazon and Ebay. Are they trustworthy? Any one purchase them before?
    Not "cheap" at $19, but it is both a wall charger and a car charger and works well with my Storm (output is 800 mA if you were wondering).
    OEM Verizon Micro USB Car Charger Blackberry Storm 9530 - eBay (item 220324876998 end time Mar-05-09 14:34:35 PST)
    02-04-09 01:01 PM
    HA! Yes, and I have no idea who you are ... but HEY!

Oh, I'm nneptune from wackbag. Not important. I just see your posts all the time. Enjoy the Storm! I sure am!
    ... and you can keep your boyfriend...
    02-04-09 01:25 PM
    This is driving me so insane, I am going to ask to leave early so I can go to the Verizon store before I head out tonight to meet my friend. Yes, I have officially lost my freakin' mind!
    02-04-09 02:04 PM
    get a new bf
    Dang, beat me to it.
    02-04-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD