02-07-09 11:07 AM
27 12
tools
    Hey all just joined! I was interested to see what you all thought about scren protectors? I've used them previously on my old blackberries and ipods but I found myself getting annoyed with them and peeling them off within a couple of weeks. I hate getting air bubbles around the edges. Call it OCD.

Also what about cases? What are you favorite?
    02-06-09 12:33 PM
    Hey all just joined! I was interested to see what you all thought about scren protectors? I've used them previously on my old blackberries and ipods but I found myself getting annoyed with them and peeling them off within a couple of weeks. I hate getting air bubbles around the edges. Call it OCD.

Also what about cases? What are you favorite?
    i do the same
    02-06-09 12:40 PM
    I thinking of getting a innocase style case.. seems to protect without adding a lot of size....
    02-06-09 05:38 PM
    The Innocase I and holster is what I use and its a great combo. As for Screen protectors, it's what the user feels he/she needs. I love them at times. then about a few weeks/months when they start bubbling and looking scratched up I hate them. I guess if they look beat up they are doing their job.
    My 2 cents.
    02-06-09 06:21 PM
    I only use products offered on VZW's website.

The holster clip is HORRIBLE. Cheap plastic that actually depressed the mute button when the phone was holstered.

So I'm living with the leather pouch with the belt clip. It's very nice but does add quite a bit of bulk. Fine for going to work as I've got a jacket that covers it. I'm still working out the best way to carry the phone out for a night on the town. VZW does sell a leather pouch without the belt clip but that still leaves the potential problem of crushing the device if I pocket it.
    02-06-09 06:56 PM
    I just ordered a really cheap rubber feel plastic case from ebay. I'm kinda skeptical...I remember using a snap on case for my ipod that ended up scratching it up anyways because it was a "snap on" case that literally snapped on kinda too tight..Hah if anything I could always buy a new housing unit to replace it in the event i do drop the phone...
    02-07-09 01:13 AM
    I bought the BB magnetic holster at the VZW store when I picked up my Storm. Love it, works and serves it's purpose just fine!

I also picked up this car cradle chingas from eBay...

Fit's the Storm perfectly and comes with a car charger. Swivels to from portrait, to landscape and angles every which way. Shipping was fast from the UK and really has worked great. I use it whilst navigating!
    02-07-09 01:57 AM
    I currently have a soft case on the phone and will purchase an Innocase after Blackberry makes an OS that doesn't require battery pulls.
    02-07-09 02:21 AM
    On my first storm i wasn't using a screen protector. But on my second storm im gonna leave the screen protector on it that comes with it for now until i get tired of it. As far as cases go... I bought a plastic case from Verizon but it makes the phone too bulky.. So now i have two OEM Skin Cases... A red and blue one. They work great for me!
    02-07-09 02:21 AM
    black silicone case for me and a vzw screen protector
    02-07-09 02:35 AM
    I have the invisashield on mine storm and its great everyone whos seen my storm want the invisashield
    02-07-09 02:38 AM
    I bought the BB magnetic holster at the VZW store when I picked up my Storm. Love it, works and serves it's purpose just fine!

I also picked up this car cradle chingas from eBay...

Fit's the Storm perfectly and comes with a car charger. Swivels to from portrait, to landscape and angles every which way. Shipping was fast from the UK and really has worked great. I use it whilst navigating!
    That's nice...how does it attach? Dashboard? Or is that suction

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 02:39 AM
    oh by the way i have the full body wrap not just the screen kind of pricey 40.00 installed but worth it
    02-07-09 02:41 AM
    I only use products offered on VZW's website.

The holster clip is HORRIBLE. Cheap plastic that actually depressed the mute button when the phone was holstered.
    I've bought the same plastic clip for all my previous dumb phones directly from Verizon and have been satisfied. For the Storm, that Verizon product didn't even exist when I was looking and if it had, I likely wouldn't have bought it.

If you can pull yourself away from the VZW accessory page, the Seidio version called "Spring-Clip Holster" is far better than what VZW offers. Fits snugly, has a bit of a soft felt for some added screen protection, and is very easy to insert and remove, probably more so than any plastic-clip type on any Verizon holster I've ever had.

Spring-Clip Holster
    02-07-09 02:50 AM
    Well I have a pink silicone case and my husband has this cool silicone case that is twice as thick and duarable! It is black with a tire tread on the back. Its nice for all those heavy duty guys. Its 14.99 in the VZW store.
    02-07-09 02:52 AM
    I have a black oem silicone and my wife has a dark purple non oem silicone. Got them both when we got our storms at the beginning of the week.

We like them but I'm thinkin bout gettin one of the 4 packs on ebay that are around 10 bucks.

02-07-09 04:31 AM
    Black innocase 2, hands down. Had the verizon silicone and it sucked big time.

02-07-09 04:40 AM
    Seidio innocase I and holster combo with seidio's ultimate screen guard.
    02-07-09 06:17 AM
    I looked at lots of reviews and checked out many cases, and finally decided upon the leather Piel Frama case for the Storm. It's a great case--quality leather, it covers the entire phone (except for cut-outs for speaker, buttons, camera lens, etc.), and has a fold-over cover that snaps shut. It also comes in several colors.

It's much pricier than other cases ($60-$100 dollars, depending on the type of leather), but you get what you pay for.

You can find some better prices on eBay, or order from cases.com, which I've found to be a very reliable company.
    02-07-09 09:00 AM
    Black innocase 2, hands down. Had the verizon silicone and it sucked big time.

Hey all, lurker for a awhile , first time poster. I've had my storm about a week, and am totally addicted. Moved from 8830. Anyway, I too had the silicone skin. Just got the innocase II yesterday after reading all the good things on here about it. They are all true! Case is perfect. The info and knowledge here is great! Thanks

02-07-09 09:42 AM
    I have a black oem silicone and my wife has a dark purple non oem silicone. Got them both when we got our storms at the beginning of the week.

We like them but I'm thinkin bout gettin one of the 4 packs on ebay that are around 10 bucks.

Where did you get the dark purple one, was it at Verizon or somewhere like Best Buy?
    02-07-09 10:31 AM
    Where did you get the dark purple one, was it at Verizon or somewhere like Best Buy?
    Got it at the local verizon store. I actually like it better than my BB oem one (cept its purple!)

Its thicker than the oem and it comes over the top with the cut-outs for the earpiece and led and has just the cut-outs for the camera and flash instead of the whole top part like the oem
    02-07-09 10:37 AM
    Got it at the local verizon store. I actually like it better than my BB oem one (cept its purple!)

Its thicker than the oem and it comes over the top with the cut-outs for the earpiece and led and has just the cut-outs for the camera and flash instead of the whole top part like the oem
    Hmm, I didn't see those when I was in the store! I'm a chick and I love purple. lol. I have two OEM ones in black and white so maybe I'll call around and find a purple one to switch things up. Thanks!
    02-07-09 10:40 AM
    Hmm, I didn't see those when I was in the store! I'm a chick and I love purple. lol. I have two OEM ones in black and white so maybe I'll call around and find a purple one to switch things up. Thanks!
    NEW PURPLE SILICONE SKIN CASE FOR BLACKBERRY STORM 9530 - eBay (item 280310901426 end time Feb-07-09 09:36:45 PST)

there ya go, just found it
    02-07-09 10:42 AM
    That's nice...how does it attach? Dashboard? Or is that suction

Suction on the windshield.
    02-07-09 10:53 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD