01-04-09 05:10 PM
54 123
tools
    Even though my Storm didn't arrive yet I was pro-active and ordered the Cellet Noble leather horizontal case. It was like $11 to my door from eBay. The model number is NOBLET2. I have always been happy with Cellet cases. Comes with both a rotating clip and a stationary clip.
    11-22-08 10:26 PM
    Im still on the lookout... if anyone see's something like what im looking for let me know.

Basically I want a Silicone case like the one I purchased OEM from verizon however it doesn't cover the buttons I want the same thing but I want the case to come over the top of the buttons on bottom
    11-22-08 10:29 PM
    Im still on the lookout... if anyone see's something like what im looking for let me know.

Basically I want a Silicone case like the one I purchased OEM from verizon however it doesn't cover the buttons I want the same thing but I want the case to come over the top of the buttons on bottom
    My Verizon store had a black silicone skin case, with a white floral pattern on the back, that covered the 4 buttons on the bottom. I loved the look, but didn't want the skin to cover my buttons, so I got the plain black one.
    11-22-08 10:39 PM
    I had the storm case vzw was selling but then the CSR gave me my 8830 case back (even though I told her it went with the phone) so I just put my storm case back on the shelf and kept the 8830! Actually it's a perfect fit!
    11-23-08 01:25 AM
    Originally I got this crappy dark purple case that Verizon was selling the day I got my Storm. It collected lots of lint and I missed my pink silicon case so I went searching today and found a pink silicon case that says BlackBerry on the back with the symbol (as opposed to the generic case Verizon sold me). Funny enough I got the pink case at an "Authorized Retailer" and the actual Verizon store was the one who sold me the generic case. Needless to say I am happy again with my pink case and my invisi shield installed.
    11-23-08 01:40 AM
    My Verizon store had a black silicone skin case, with a white floral pattern on the back, that covered the 4 buttons on the bottom. I loved the look, but didn't want the skin to cover my buttons, so I got the plain black one.

I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet... I looked at the accessory section on the verizon website and don't see it any ideas?
    11-23-08 01:53 AM
    I am using the POUCH Case for the Voyager.

(Part #LG10KCAS) 19.99

It works good for me.

Also Using the Black Slicone Cover for the STORM.
    (Part #RIMSTORMSILB) $9.74

Last edited by JimMariner; 11-23-08 at 10:57 AM.
    11-23-08 10:51 AM
    Papamarik, do you have any problems feeling your phone vibrate when it is in its case?
    11-23-08 11:03 AM
    does anyone know of they'll be coming out with a case like the naked case for the iphone that sells on case-mate.com ? It protects the whole phone including screen.
    11-23-08 11:28 AM
    When I bought my Storm on friday the VZW store told me they were not selling holsters because they had been recalled.
    11-23-08 11:32 AM
    It sucks to see that RIM no longer provides cases with their phones. BBs were the last American phones that had box candy.... I guess not anymore...
    11-23-08 11:46 AM
    Hey wolfe - I heard that those affect the quality of your pictures becuase the holes are so think and tight around the lens and the flash. I like the skin so when you get it, can you report back and let us know if that happens?

Much appreciated.
    11-23-08 11:49 AM
    Papamarik, do you have any problems feeling your phone vibrate when it is in its case?
    No problems at all. Love the case
    11-23-08 02:55 PM
    thanks to the previous posters I found the case I wanted here is a pic covers the buttons just like I want.

It does have a floral design on the back of it but I could honestly care less

and anyone who mentioned the gap in the past

WHAT GAP! haha

also wanted to mention sense its hard to see in the picture that the buttons actually have little engravings in the silicone which you can see which the picture of the button so you are not clicking without knowing what your clicking =)

(this pic taken with a iPhone if you want to compare to some of the storm pics on the site haha)
    11-23-08 11:39 PM
    Hey wolfe - I heard that those affect the quality of your pictures becuase the holes are so think and tight around the lens and the flash. I like the skin so when you get it, can you report back and let us know if that happens?

Much appreciated.

I had my 1st drop with one of these on today, 4' to concrete, , case blew off and busted a tab, but not a ding or hiccup on my berry....
    11-23-08 11:45 PM
    Ya well the full leather fluff cases are going to be the best for dropping I say you got lucky...

I had my 1st drop with one of these on today, 4' to concrete, , case blew off and busted a tab, but not a ding or hiccup on my berry....
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 05:49 AM
    I'm using the Blackberry branded leather case with clip and flip over magnetic strap. I had the same one from my curve and loved it. This one is no different.
    I have this one but was thinkin a side holster on a college kid would look odd but it's slim and should easily hide under an untucked shirt so I think I'm going to try it out at work tomorrow.

I wanted a silicon case but with the way the screen is i figure that wouldn't be much protection (the thin ones at VZ) (Same reason I don't want to keep my phone in anything but a jacket pocket) so I may get it for looks/color.
    11-24-08 05:56 AM
    Ya well the full leather fluff cases are going to be the best for dropping I say you got lucky...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

unfortunately, I have to pocket my storm at work, so a fluffy holster is not an option...
    buts it's not like I don't own one..

11-24-08 08:51 AM
    I just purchased a case at the Verizon store made by Blackberry specifically for the Storm. Anyone else have this case?

It is made of soft black moroccan leather with the cool Blackberry dot logo imprinted in the leather...very, very nice low profile ratcheting clip. Excellent quality. Says Blackberry on the back

One thing they said is due to the Storms screen properties not all magnet cases will put the Storm to sleep automatically, as my previous case would for the Curve but not the Storm. This one does...needs a stronger magnet apparently.

Very nice IMO
    11-24-08 03:22 PM
    i just purchased this one a few minutes ago.. BlackBerry Storm 9500 / 9530 Snap-On Solid Protector Case Black not bad $6.99 plus 30% off if you use the discount code "bbstorm30".
    11-24-08 03:27 PM
    Currently I have the OEM black silicone shell with the VZ 3/$10 screen protector.

I have ghost armor that just came in the mail...

I also ordered the rubberized hard case (i will probably put this on over the ghost armor. Because i have been known to drop my phone.)

BlackBerry Storm 9500 / 9530 Rubberized Shield Case Black
    11-25-08 12:49 PM
    blackberry leather one with the flip piece over the top from RIM, got it for free from VZW
    11-25-08 12:58 PM
    i have a Body Glove leather skin case for my Pearl that I love. I called them and they said they will have it ready and on their website on 11-28.
    11-25-08 12:59 PM
    does anyone know of they'll be coming out with a case like the naked case for the iphone that sells on case-mate.com ? It protects the whole phone including screen.
    I emailed case-mate customer support today to ask when they would begin selling storm and here is their response:

Update for Case #15609 - "Blackberry Storm Accessories"

Dear Lewis,

Thank you for your interest in the case-mate line of products. If your device has not been released, please check the website 2-3 weeks after the release date. The website will always have the current products available. If you still do not see the device listed, please email support@case-mate.com and we will see if we have updated information.

Case-mate creates products for devices based on our line of products, our customer demand and the demand in the market.

I will forward your request to our design team.

Regards.

Tanika Busby
    Customer Support
    2048 Weems Rd
    Tucker, GA 30084
    770.888.9965 ph
    678.679.0871 fax
    11-25-08 01:33 PM
    thanks to the previous posters I found the case I wanted here is a pic covers the buttons just like I want.

It does have a floral design on the back of it but I could honestly care less

and anyone who mentioned the gap in the past

WHAT GAP! haha

also wanted to mention sense its hard to see in the picture that the buttons actually have little engravings in the silicone which you can see which the picture of the button so you are not clicking without knowing what your clicking =)

(this pic taken with a iPhone if you want to compare to some of the storm pics on the site haha)
    Where did you get that from, I like that.
    11-25-08 01:33 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD