Okay,
    I'm new to teh world of BB and just got my storm yesterday. In the interest of making the best use of it and not ruining it with my clumsiness, what accessories out there would you reccommend that aren't super expensive. What is a good case/holster for it? Should I bother getting screen protectors to stick on. Should I get the silicon case for it? Where have you all been buying your accessories like a car charger or extra us cables, cases? Thanks for the help to a newb.
    02-03-09 03:29 PM
    The only accessory I have bought is the OEM leather holster for the Storm, and I love it. I did a thorough review of it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/re...6/#post1574450

You can buy it at MSG Digital for less than here on CrackBerry, but IMO you should support CrackBerry and buy it from them if you can. Either way, it's an affordable holster that looks stylish and provides superior protection. It isn't perfect, but few things in life are. You can read my review for more information.

The Storm comes with a factory screen protector in place. Mine is scratched and should probably be replaced, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I wouldn't get a silicone case because they tend to attract lint, but that's just my opinion on them- they must be popular for a reason. I will say that if you do get some kind of silicone case, the phone will no longer fit in some holsters. Unless you get a combo like the Innocase w/ Holster, you may find yourself having to choose between silicone case and holster.

If you don't already have some kind of microfiber cloth for cleaning smudges and dust particles off the Storm (a cloth for cleaning glasses would work fine), you might want to invest in one. Other than that, I can't think of anything because I don't know what your needs are. You may want headphones or a bluetooth earpiece, a mount for your car if you use it for GPS... the list goes on.
    02-03-09 03:40 PM
    just get the 12.99 silicon case from the verizon store. ideal.
    02-03-09 03:46 PM
    I bought a hard plastic case from Verizon, and I keep it in an old sunglasses pouch thing to keep out lint and stuff.
    02-03-09 04:37 PM
    I would recommend the silicone case to anyone...I had one on my 8830 from the day I bought it and it looked brand new after a year and a half. It won't fit in the leather holster with the silicone on it, but that doesn't really bother me.

As for the leather case, I use the one from my 8830 and it fits perfectly. I bought it off ebay for less than $10 a few months ago.
    02-03-09 04:46 PM
    It really depends on how you carry your Storm. If it goes in your jeans pocket all the time, then the silicone cases might get a little sticky. I'd go with the Seidio Innocase II. Its a little more expensive, but has a much better fit. If you'd rather have it on your belt, then the holster from Verizon is probably the cheapest.

I'd definately go for the screen protectors, since you can hardly notice them and they're not too expensive anyway.

The crackberry store has a everything you need, and the prices are pretty good. Plus like someone else said, you should support them since you will end up spending more and more of your freetime here.
    02-03-09 05:00 PM
    I've had a few different cases/skins for the Storm and recently put the Invisible Shield on it. I'm very happy with the IS over the other cases/skins I had. It adds traction when using the phone in your hands and allows you to support it between your shoulder and ear with less pressure (because it kind of "sticks" to your shoulder) so you don't keep hitting mute or speakerphone. I keep my Storm in my pocket, so it was ideal for me. Obviously you'd want something more robust if your main concern is drop protection. The full IS goes for $24.95 on Zagg. Regardless of the case/skin you get, I recommend the IS screen protector at $14.95. It's thicker than the OEM one.
    02-03-09 05:20 PM
    Anyone in Canada know of places to get a OEM Storm case that's cheaper than the $40 Telus or Bell is asking for it? Do the other non-oem cases have the magnet to turn off the phone when it's in the case?
    02-07-09 11:31 PM
    if u want a case get the seido hard case I....i had it for a while and it was great.

i never drop my phone, so now i just use a zagg invisible shield and i love it cause its scratch proof, but u dont even know its there.
    02-07-09 11:33 PM
    I personally picked up the OEM leather pouch without the holster. I keep my Storm primarily in my pocket, and had originally picked up an Invisible Shield to go with it. The install didn't go so well (screwed up my screen) and I elected to go with the standard leather pouch for protecting the replacement I received from Best Buy. It slides easily in to my pocket and has similar features to the one that Laren recommended, although without the clasp over the top and the holster. The leather pouch seems to be doing a good job of protecting the screen (and not messing it up like the Invisible Shield did!)

I haven't yet had a need for extra cables or a car charger; the included cable attached to my desktop and the wall charger have suited me just fine up to this point.
    02-08-09 02:41 AM
    Just got the storm today from Verizon. Got the car charger, 3 screen protectors, and the clear silicon case for $60 I think its a deal they have going with the Buy one Get one BB.
    02-08-09 02:53 AM
    Got the car charger, 3 screen protectors, and the clear silicon case for $60 I think its a deal they have going with the Buy one Get one BB.
    Damn, ebay is your friend dude... I haven't had any screen protector on my BB for about a week now and the screen still looks as good as it did the day the stock plastic thing fell off...
    02-08-09 04:46 AM
    I suggest you give this company/link a click. They are a great company with excellent customer service.
    seidioonline.com
    Enjoy.
    02-08-09 09:41 AM
    I have the Innocase II and the horizontal holster from Seidio. They work pretty good for me, but I do prefer a vertical case so I am looking for one that will work with my Innocase II.
    02-08-09 11:13 AM
    yeah these are great but being in Canada, the shipping kills on all these. Anyone in Canada find a viable option
    02-08-09 05:25 PM
    I have the Innocase II and the horizontal holster from Seidio. They work pretty good for me, but I do prefer a vertical case so I am looking for one that will work with my Innocase II.
    Do you have the "face in", clip in holster? If so, I believe the belt clip has a swivel lock so you can rotate it from horizontal to vertical. You might want to check prior to dropping more cash......
    02-08-09 05:42 PM
    Here is a Canadian store that sells original blackberry accessories.
    BlackBerry Storm Accessories .:SmartphoneCentral.ca Store:.
    02-08-09 06:20 PM
    Personally I have several different types of cases and pouches. What I'm doing etc. determines what I use that day. Sort of like changing your man purse LOL. I use a silicone skin at home cause I know that's the least likely place for me to damage it. I use a leather holster sideways for work if I'm in the office all day cause it looks the best and use a BB pouch for in my briefcase and have a BB holster for travelling because it is easiest to take on and off. So it just really depends on what you want. Thy sky is the limit.
    02-08-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD