hi all,

so i am about to purchase the new storm 2 9520 for vodafone and have a question about the screen protector.

i know with the storm 1 you didn't really need to purchase a screen protector because there was already plastic covering the screen that could be peeled off, but it was barely noticable so most people just left it on. with the storm 2 is it the same thing, or would i need to purchase a screen protector for it?

thanks,

ipaqman
    11-11-09 05:34 AM
    When I purchased mine at a Verizon store, the rep actually removed the screen film while he was activating the S2. I installed a protector from PhantomSkinz right away. It was only $7 on sale and much better than a cheap film, in my opinion. I've read people complaining that it makes the screen feel sticky or rubbery, but honestly I barely even notice it is there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 06:48 AM
    With my vodafone S2 it came with a screen covering but it also had some writing on it...so i just tore it off...im looking for a decent screen protector but at the moment i cant seem to find any good ones...mainly looking for Martin Fields overlay protector but they arent available yet.
    11-11-09 06:58 AM
    I didn't see one on mine when I got it. The only one that was on it already had writing on it and the rep removed it when he activated it.
    11-11-09 07:55 AM
    I use a screen protector, and have NO issues except finger prints. You need to protect a $500 investment.
    11-11-09 08:01 AM
    The screen protector that came with mine wasnt meant to be left on, so i tore it off. I purchased a 3 pack from Verizon for 12 bucks. They work fine and serve their purpose. As a side note, it only covers the viewable portion of the screen, not the buttons along the bottom.
    11-11-09 08:08 AM
    Mine had 2 film covers on it. One was real sticky with wording and the one on top had peel tabs sticking out from the side. Left them both on for as long as o could stand it. Now have invisible shield. Very happy. Don't even notice it on the screen.

11-11-09 08:44 AM
    Best Buy now sells the Invisible Shield...well worth the investment, IMO.
    11-11-09 08:44 AM
    Well when I got mines it had one installed already but there are other screen protectors that covers the buttons.

11-11-09 09:10 AM
    got my screen protector off ebay..it covers the buttons along the bottom..I give it 2 thumbs up
    11-11-09 07:08 PM
    I bought a cheap one on eBay. Works fine.

11-11-09 07:58 PM
    I went naked. I like it much better. Scrolling and moving your finger ups about the screens landscape is nice and smooth. My iphone 3gs never had a protector either on it as well.

Its your choice but it is tempered glass. I'm not too worried unless you decide to throw your BB in a pocketbook or satchel.

11-11-09 09:16 PM
    I just got the invisible shield put on all over except the screen cuz I got an antiglare screen protector. I take good care of my phone. I'm waiting for the incipio cases to come out too...
    11-11-09 09:18 PM
    I just got the invisible shield put on all over except the screen cuz I got an antiglare screen protector. I take good care of my phone. I'm waiting for the incipio cases to come out too...
    What about the commuter you dont like that case.
    11-11-09 09:20 PM
    What antiglare protector did you get. I've been looking for one yet can't make my mind up on which one to purchase.

11-11-09 09:56 PM
    When I purchased mine at a Verizon store, the rep actually removed the screen film while he was activating the S2. I installed a protector from PhantomSkinz right away. It was only $7 on sale and much better than a cheap film, in my opinion. I've read people complaining that it makes the screen feel sticky or rubbery, but honestly I barely even notice it is there.

I too bought a phantomskinz skin and love it. I barely even notice its there. A lot cheaper than invisible shield and thinner than the bestskinsever skins without the orange peel effect

11-11-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD