View Poll Results: What protecting accessory you are using on your Storm 2?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • OtterBox Defender Case

4 18.18%
  • Seidio Innocase II

4 18.18%
  • ZAGG Invisible Shield

4 18.18%
  • Incipio SILICRYLIC

0 0%
  • Other

12 54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Just got my Storm 2 and in the dilemma on which protecting accessories should i buy. Previously i'm using seidio on my Storm 1, should i remain loyal? or should i make a switch?

Please vote for the protection you got for your BB Storm2.
    02-15-10 10:41 PM
    PhantomSkinz and Otterbox Commuter
    02-15-10 10:42 PM
    Another vote fir the Otter Box Commuter!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 10:49 PM
    Actually, after upgrading from the S1 to the 2, I decided to go commando. I realized the glass screen is plenty tough and, after three months, see no signs of scratching or anything else. As for the body, I never liked adding to the bulk of the phone so I use a holster on my hip and that's it.

I just hopped over and looked at the Otterbox Commuter. Is there no way to holster the phone with this on? I prefer carrying my phone on my hip, not in my pocket. Thanks!
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 02-15-10 at 10:57 PM.
    02-15-10 10:53 PM
    Zagg / Silicone

Just ordered me a Vaja Case as well.

Early Birthday present to myself.
    02-15-10 10:53 PM
    Epik, ftw.
    02-15-10 10:58 PM
    +1 epic case
    02-15-10 11:55 PM
    otterbox defender here
    02-16-10 07:33 AM
    look like that are alot of otterbox defender user out there... but wasn't it abit bulky?
    02-16-10 12:06 PM
    look like that are alot of otterbox defender user out there... but wasn't it abit bulky?
    It offers superior protections to those with butterfingers. Not a very good solution if you want to pocket your device though. Very bulky. Great if you are the holster type. I personally use a sleeve case, as I do not drop my phones. I cracked the screen on my naked S1 in my pocket by bumping my leg on a ladder rail at work. The sleeve offers excellent screen protection.

02-16-10 12:15 PM
    So, the Otterbox allows you to continue to use a holster? I posted on this issue above. I am an avid holster person (I use the BB OEM leather job with the magnetic flip top for my Storm 2). I don't worry about scratching the screen, that just simply does not seem likely (I used screen protectors on my S1 but abandoned those with the S2) and I'm having trouble being convinced that some thin-skin application to the body of the phone, would really offer any protection against a drop (like you, I don't drop my phone, but there was one occasion where my holster rotated upside down while crossing a parking lot and the phone fell out to the asphalt, face down...freaked me out but there was not a single scratch on the phone).

It offers superior protections to those with butterfingers. Not a very good solution if you want to pocket your device though. Very bulky. Great if you are the holster type. I personally use a sleeve case, as I do not drop my phones. I cracked the screen on my naked S1 in my pocket by bumping my leg on a ladder rail at work. The sleeve offers excellent screen protection.

02-16-10 12:48 PM
    So, the Otterbox allows you to continue to use a holster? I posted on this issue above. I am an avid holster person (I use the BB OEM leather job with the magnetic flip top for my Storm 2). I don't worry about scratching the screen, that just simply does not seem likely (I used screen protectors on my S1 but abandoned those with the S2) and I'm having trouble being convinced that some thin-skin application to the body of the phone, would really offer any protection against a drop (like you, I don't drop my phone, but there was one occasion where my holster rotated upside down while crossing a parking lot and the phone fell out to the asphalt, face down...freaked me out but there was not a single scratch on the phone).
    The defender comes with a holster. I don't worry about screen scratches either, but with glass I worry about cracking/shattering from my past experience.

BlackBerry Storm2 Defender Case // OtterBox.com
    02-16-10 12:54 PM
    i've gone commando myself. had the otterbox which is great but adds too much size to it. i like the natural feel and slimness of a phone. i do have a screen protector tho
    02-16-10 12:54 PM
    Zagg / Silicone

Just ordered me a Vaja Case as well.

Early Birthday present to myself.
    Please dont make me go back to the Vaja site... I almost didnt get out without buying one last time. Damn high pressure salesmen (JK) They look nice.

Early birthday present? Are you a Taurus?
    02-16-10 12:57 PM
    Another vote fir the Otter Box Commuter!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How did they leave this out of the poll? +1 Best case hands down.
    02-16-10 12:58 PM
    How did they leave this out of the poll? +1 Best case hands down.
    I agree... Commuter case all the way... The Sena Slim Case is nice also but I am loving the Commuter case and I don't normally like this type of case.
    02-16-10 01:06 PM
    Phantom Skinz + Silicone

(don't know why anyone would need anything more. (as long as you're careful)
    02-16-10 01:40 PM
    My epik cases just came in. Anyone want to buy my Black Incipio Silicrylic off me? Still brand new less than a week old barely used. Will come with original packaging and accessories (i.e. video stand, screen protectors, cleaning cloth,etc.) $20 free shipping. If interested please let me know or PM me b/c I no longer have any use for it.
    02-17-10 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD