View Poll Results: Would you buy it for $20?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

16 51.61%
  • NO

15 48.39%
    So i am curious how many people would buy a skin/hard plastic case that has a magnet in it that you can move to lock/unlock the device. People buy the sleeves/hosters that have magnets to put the phone to sleep, so I am curious how many of you would buy a skin/hard plastic case like that.

My design will also only be about 2mm thick.

Let me make this clear to people:

USING A MAGNET TO LOCK THE PHONE IS NOT THE SAME AS PUSHING THE LOCK BUTTON. A MAGNET WILL NOT ALLOW ANY BUTTONS TO BE PUSHED/USED WHILE THE MAGNET IS IN PLACE. THE LOCK BUTTON STILL LETS YOU PUSH THE LOCK BUTTON AND UNLOCK THE PHONE ON ACCIDENT, OR PUSH ONE OF THE FOUR BOTTOM BUTTONS TO TURN THE SCREEN ON AND WASTE BATTERY. THE MAGNET DOES NOT!

You cannot use the phone without moving the magnet. You cannot unlock the screen, or touch the screen. The screen will not click ANYWHERE on it, even the four small buttons. Also, the convenience keys will not do anything, and nor will the lock/power key. EVEN IF YOU HOLD HT ELOCK/POWER KEY, THE PHONE WILL DO NOTHING UNTIL THE MAGNET IS MOVED
    Last edited by silenttt123; 12-08-09 at 04:16 PM.
    12-08-09 03:33 PM
    So i am curious how many people would buy a skin/hard plastic case that has a magnet in it that you can move to lock/unlock the device. People buy the sleeves/hosters that have magnets to put the phone to sleep, so I am curious how many of you would buy a skin/hard plastic case like that.
    this is your big idea? Sorry to say, but that would be totally unecessary as the button on the top does the exact same thing.
    12-08-09 03:55 PM
    no... if you push the button ontop, you can still click the screen or accidentally hit the lock button and unlock it or turn it off. Where as with the magnetic case, you cant do anything to the phone without deactivating the magnet first.
    12-08-09 04:09 PM
    no... if you push the button ontop, you can still click the screen or accidentally hit the lock button and unlock it or turn it off. Where as with the magnetic case, you cant do anything to the phone without deactivating the magnet first.
    Never had any issue when using the button on top and it locks the screen just fine. I think you are trying to solve a problem that doesnt exist.

Good luck though.
    Last edited by garment69; 12-08-09 at 04:18 PM.
    12-08-09 04:13 PM
    I voted no, but only because I never use a case or holster, so "free" would have been too much.
    12-08-09 04:14 PM
    Anyone else?
    12-08-09 10:15 PM
    I would just be hessitant to use a hard case and scratch the body of my S2. I'm currently using a hard silicone case and I love it. One like that with a magnet might work. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 10:22 PM
    Well it would be like a hard silicone type of thing. Probably hard plastic on the outside, and silicone on the inside. Something like the Otterbox Impact case, but with a magnet in it.

I want to know if the concept is appealing or not. Whether or not I should move forward with this
    12-08-09 10:37 PM
    where would the magnet be in the skins?

for me, it would depend on the fit & finish of the product as well as ease of use. I have the OEM BlackBerry Skin and although it fits nice, I can move the top part of the skin around fairly easily. With it was a tighter fit.

oh btw. If you need someone to test the product for you, PM me haha
    Last edited by mysterl33; 12-08-09 at 11:03 PM.
    12-08-09 11:00 PM
    Sorry, I wouldn't pay. My screen doesn't unlock except when I touch one of the bottom 4 buttons. Even then it's still locked. So really the only time my screen unlocks is when I press the lock button again.

I just have a skin on my phone and than use a magnet clip holster. I got it on sale at Best Buy for $5. Wouldn't pay too much more than that. I do pay 20 bucks for the Feather Light Incipio case though which is only 1mm thick.
    12-09-09 12:15 AM
    Well the magnets I am going to use are 1.5mm thick and 6.5mm in diameter. So you wouldnt even notice them. There would be one magnet about 1 inch in from the side at the same height as the charging port, and there would be a hard plastic piece that the magnet sits in that would be able to move up and down to engage and disengage the magnet. The hard plastic piece would NOT stick out from the case at all. It would be flush, and all you woul dhave to do is use your finger and slide it down to unlock, and back up to lock.
    12-09-09 01:14 AM
    Bump

10char
    12-09-09 02:23 PM
    I can't blindly say this is something I would purchase, however the concept is intriguing and its something I would like to see firsthand. Let me know where you take this idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 02:31 PM
    I doubt that anyone would buy it.
    12-09-09 03:03 PM
    well so far 15 say they would and 14 say no... I may make some myself and give some away for people to look at.
    12-09-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD