Hi all,

Weird question, but is there a certain way to holster the phone for it to go in standby? I ask because when I holster the phone, the backlight stays on. I holster the phone upside down with the face pointing my hip.

Thanks!
    07-27-09 02:48 PM
    Thanks Rome, seems to work 2/3 times I holster it (might be the holster pressing on the trackball), but it's better than never.
    07-27-09 02:53 PM
    I agree, the backlight is turned off by the magnet in the flip lid on your leather case. If the screen isn't pointing toward the closed flip lid (away from your hip) the magnet won't put the phone in standy-by mode.
    07-27-09 02:53 PM
    Doesn't matter which way it is facing. It matters whether it is Verticle or Upsidedown.

You need to holster it Vertical (so you can NOT access the USB port) for the auto-standby to work.
    07-27-09 03:00 PM
    Yeah, that's weird. I holster mine face-in, but mine instantly goes to standby. I don't have an explanation as to why it wouldn't for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 03:03 PM
    This may be off topic however...

My wife has a curve 8310 and she currently doesn't use her sleeve, I am wondering is there any way to use her sleeve with the tour? The phone fits if anyone is wondering, however it will not go into standby mode.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!!
    07-27-09 03:55 PM
    You need to make sure you holster your phone with the keyboard down. Doesn't matter which way the screen faces.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD