Did a search on this and came up with zero.

My PDA has a function that allowed it to stay on when docked in a cradle, or plugged in via USB. Does the Blackberry have a similar function? And specifically the 8800?

thanks!
    06-07-07 10:13 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

In essence, a BackBerry is on 24/7/365, unless you turn it off, literally.

Now, the display may not always be lit. But, pressing a button brings it to life. There is an option to change the length of time BEFORE the display turns 'off'...
    06-07-07 10:27 AM
    Any info available on how to get my Curve to charge in the power station cradle? I can get the spare battery charger and bluetooth headset charger to work, but not the cradle...help!!!
    10-26-07 03:59 PM
    Any info available on how to get my Curve to charge in the power station cradle? I can get the spare battery charger and bluetooth headset charger to work, but not the cradle...help!!!
    If you were able to charge your extra battery with the EBC and your BT headset successfully but NOT your device on the cradle, you need to return it for exchange. Contact the place where you go it from and ask for replacement. Any authentic RIMs are all covered with a 12-month warranty. That shouldn't be a problem.
    10-26-07 04:27 PM
    Coming from 10+ years as a Palm OS user, I am looking for something that will leave the SCREEN ALWAYS ON when my Curve 8310 is in the cradle or plugged in to an AC or USB charger (even when fully charged). There is a PALM program called STOIC (stay on in cradle). Anyone know of a similar program for the BB ?

Did a search on this and came up with zero.

My PDA has a function that allowed it to stay on when docked in a cradle, or plugged in via USB. Does the Blackberry have a similar function? And specifically the 8800?

thanks!
    12-29-07 05:17 PM
    Why does it need to stay on in cradle? Just curious. I have several PDAs and smartphones and never have I found a need for the screen to be lit 24x7x365.
    12-29-07 06:25 PM
    BBLight will do this.

BlackBerryTools OTA
    12-29-07 07:10 PM
    It's not 24x7x365, it's just when I need it to be on I don't want it to go off.
    Why does it need to stay on in cradle? Just curious. I have several PDAs and smartphones and never have I found a need for the screen to be lit 24x7x365.
    12-29-07 08:50 PM
    It's not 24x7x365, it's just when I need it to be on I don't want it to go off.
    I still don't understand why but to each his own.
    12-29-07 10:02 PM
    If I told you I would have to kill you!
    I still don't understand why but to each his own.
    12-30-07 07:40 AM
    Absolutely PERFECT! Thanks!
    BBLight will do this.
    12-30-07 07:41 AM
    Interesting side effect of my Seidio Cradle with extra battery port. My corp IT policy has a 30 min password lock. Yeah.. we all know what a pain it is. But such is life. However, I have found that this cradle will keep the Blackberry on whatever screen was showing when it was plugged into the cradle..... WITHOUT ever engaging the 30 min password lock! If I change to any other screen and leave it in the cradle, it will revert to the 30 min lock.

Why is this important to me? If I am sitting at my desk, there really is no need for the password lock to engage while I am sitting there in my home office. Makes it much quicker to check new updates from BB messenger, SMS, e-mail or whatever without having to do the unlock. I just remove it from the cradel, do what I need to do.. and put it back. I really wish this was a feature I could use when plugged in just with the USB. But with the cradle, it helps.
    12-30-07 08:03 AM
    If I told you I would have to kill you!
    LOL Good one!
    12-30-07 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD