I am looking for compatible Sprint 8330 cases.

Is the 9.95 ones on this site any good / compatible with the sprint curves?

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

Since I am pretty low on money after buying the phone, I would appreciate a low cost case, unless it is crappy, then it would be worth the extra few bucks.

Any suggestions?
    05-20-08 11:26 AM
    Please review this post: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hel...e-cases-37091/

After searching high and low and after a lot of research for a good case myself I went with SRD05c suggestion #3. Mainly because i like to keep it on my hip while I am at work but when it's time to go home and play with my son, it's much more convenient to have it my pocket.
    Last edited by jrbarrett; 05-20-08 at 11:43 AM.
    05-20-08 11:40 AM
    jrbarrettm,
    thanks for your quick response. I saw that thread but still cant decide. Is the cheap 9.95 one on this site a bad idea? What do you get with the $30? I would rather not get that expensive of a case if i dont have to.
    05-20-08 11:47 AM
    I got the Blackberry brand swivel holster off of shopcrackberry and I love mine. Just my $.02
    05-20-08 11:53 AM
    jrbarrettm,
    thanks for your quick response. I saw that thread but still cant decide. Is the cheap 9.95 one on this site a bad idea? What do you get with the $30? I would rather not get that expensive of a case if i dont have to.
    Sunkentheory - Here was my decisioning in a nutshell. I paid a lot of money for my berry. (Actually only $128 becasue i was up for my new at 2 from Verizon) in any case the phone is worth $400 +.

Now it's time to buy a case. If you believe in the theory (which i do) you get what you pay for i would spend the few extra bucks to protect your investment/addiciton. I spent $75 dollars on the Seido Case with the holster and giving their 3 pack of screen protectors a shot. ok $10 vs $75 huge difference. i would much rather spend $10 but protection for a $400 phone is worth $75 to me. ($10 vs $400 much bigger difference)

*NOTE* this is not to say the $10 bberry silicone case is bad or does not work, i just believe the Seido case will provide better protection.
    05-20-08 11:55 AM
    i actually had a question about the seido case....in my understanding, it is just two halves that snap together, correct? so say in the event of a drop, would the two halves shoot apart leaving the berry to bounce around on the floor? if so, the 30$ dollar case would be not worth it. anyone who has used one of these, pleaes fill us in. thanks
    05-20-08 12:00 PM
    i actually had a question about the seido case....in my understanding, it is just two halves that snap together, correct? so say in the event of a drop, would the two halves shoot apart leaving the berry to bounce around on the floor? if so, the 30$ dollar case would be not worth it. anyone who has used one of these, pleaes fill us in. thanks
    This is quoted from the products description

This case provides a maximum amount of protection and security to your device. Once the case is on your 8330, it will not come off easily and will remain safe and secure.
    So I'm guessing from what they say you'd be fine. Although I haven't heard any personal experiences from anyone about this situation
    05-20-08 12:05 PM
    anyone know if the 9.95 skin is sprint 8330 compatible?
    05-20-08 12:11 PM
    anyone know if the 9.95 skin is sprint 8330 compatible?
    I can't make any guarantees, but I'm sure that it is. I have the Verizon 8330 and I just bought that exact skin for it this past Saturday. Fits perfect and is pretty good quality.

As for all these other expensive cases and crazy protectors that people are talking about... I'm only speaking for myself, but I bought myself a $10 blackberry branded rubber skin and I cut down a plastic screen protector from my old Palm TX (I'm a perfectionist, so I spent like 30 minutes with a ruler and Xacto knife and it looks perfect on my Curve screen now.) That'll do it for me. I don't plan on taking my phone with me while I'm in the gym or snowboarding or mountain biking...and if I did, I'm sure that a $30 or $70 case is not going to protect my curve any better than the $10 one from falling into snow or keeping a 90 lb dumbbell from smashing it to pieces - that's why I pay for insurance on it.

To each his own, and again I can only speak for myself, so if $70+ worth of cases and screen protectors helps you sleep better at night, then go for it, but if you stop and think realistically about it, most of that stuff isn't gonna protect your phone any better.

(On a related note, if you wanted a nice little case Louis Vuitton case or something, those are gonna cost ya too, but that's for an entirely other reason which I totally get, but that money's not gonna do much more in the protection department.)

Anyway, sunkentheory - the $10 blackberry skin is good. (I've seen some really cheap-o skins, and this is not one of them.) It'll keep scratches off your phone (except for the screen) and it'll protect it if you bobble it in your hands and drop it on your desk, but if you need to bring it skydiving with you or something, it won't be much help. Heh.
    05-20-08 01:57 PM
    Anyone know if 8300 case can fit 8330? I just bought a 8300 case thinking that it would fit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 02:02 PM
    I highly recommend these two solutions in combination, all the protection you'll ever need for less than $20

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

Best Skins Ever Home Page
    05-20-08 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD