Tell Me What You Guys Think...........

Last edited by P.H.A.D.E; 06-04-08 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Pictures Were Too Big
    06-03-08 08:38 PM
    I actually can't SEE the skin, which is good.

Is it hard to apply? What kind of material is it, like a sticker, or a removable thingy? What does it not cover, other than the black rubbery areas they mention on the site? Too many questions?

I love the look of my Curve without the rubber skin, but I'm too afraid to get it scratched..
    06-03-08 09:13 PM
    I just ordered this last night for my Curve too and was just curious as to what you ordered (just the screen or full body)?

And if you did order the full body, what exactly does it cover?

Thanks!
    06-03-08 09:30 PM
    I have one too on my 8330. Install was ok, the flaps are annoying. Its worth the $6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 09:34 PM
    That's because the photography's so poor that you can't even see the lettering on the keyboard. How would you expect to see the skin itself? Hahahaha.. just kidding...

PHADE, put down the BB.. take 2 steps back and pick up a book on photography....
    06-04-08 03:45 AM
    That's because the photography's so poor that you can't even see the lettering on the keyboard. How would you expect to see the skin itself? Hahahaha.. just kidding...

PHADE, put down the BB.. take 2 steps back and pick up a book on photography....
    Relaxxxxxxxxxxx sleepwalker!!! , The Reason The Pictures Looks Like That Is Because They Were Taken With An At&T Curve And He Had The Settings For The Picture Size On Large!!!!

sheena.lee I actually can't SEE the skin, which is good.

Is it hard to apply? What kind of material is it, like a sticker, or a removable thingy? What does it not cover, other than the black rubbery areas they mention on the site? Too many questions?

I love the look of my Curve without the rubber skin, but I'm too afraid to get it scratched..
    It's Actually Not Hard To Apply! Think Of The Material As A Clear Window Tint (But Stronger)! It Covers Everything But Not The Rubbery Parts NOR The Spacing Between The Buttons! No, Not Too Many Questions

KnappyRootz Fully body or just screen?
    I just ordered this last night for my Curve too and was just curious as to what you ordered (just the screen or full body)?

And if you did order the full body, what exactly does it cover?

Thanks!
    It's A Full Body, The Only Thing It Does NOT Cover Is The Spacing Between The Buttons.
    06-04-08 01:36 PM
    I got one for my 8330 also. Worked like a charm. You just have to be patient, and wait for the face to dry completely before attempting to fold it over the edges. Otherwise, you'll go nuts.

If you don't like waiting for things to dry, and you don't like the push-here-pop-up-over-there application process, you can just peel off the tape and slap it on w/o getting it wet.....but you gotta get it exactly right on the first try or you're hosed :-) Please don't take that as serious advice and then blame me.

This stuff is just helicopter tape. They buy it in bulk, etch the shapes on it, and sell it again. At least BSE's markup isn't as outrageous as Invisible Shield's.

What I wish people would do is just post .pdf files with templates on them. You could trace them onto your own tape and save a bundle.

Helicopter tape is also sold as racing tape or rock shield, etc. People put it on bike frames & car bumpers. You can also get it in colors. In fact, if you want a colored shield, buy the BSE cover and trace it on to day-glo or other colored helicopter tape and freak out your friends.

--Qfg
    06-04-08 01:54 PM
    looks good. i've had the BSE skin on my Moto Q for over a year and while it yellows a bit, its still stuck on as well as the day i put it on. and while its thin enough that you almost dont notice it, its thick enough to provide some good protection. i would recommend this to anyone for any phone...very good stuff and its cheap too.
    06-04-08 02:13 PM
    man i wish i could just go to a store and pick this up. i hate waiting for stuff online
    06-04-08 02:25 PM
    I was considering purchasing one of these, but it would be just my luck that as soon as I apply it to my phone, for one reason or another I would need to do a warranty exchange (I actually tried to get one today but they are sold out everywhere, even the warehouse). I know you can take them off and reapply but I'm almost positive it wont adhere as good as it did the first time.
    06-04-08 02:54 PM
    I was considering purchasing one of these, but it would be just my luck that as soon as I apply it to my phone, for one reason or another I would need to do a warranty exchange (I actually tried to get one today but they are sold out everywhere, even the warehouse). I know you can take them off and reapply but I'm almost positive it wont adhere as good as it did the first time.
    They don't stick as well the second time.

What you can do is order 2 at once, or, order 1 or two extra skins just for the faceplate. That way when you need them, you've already got them.

I haven't needed to order any in some time, but I think the complete set for the device was less than $7.00. A small price for a lot of protection.
    06-04-08 03:09 PM
    yeah good luck on getting a warranty swap. im gonna call em and tell em that mine keeps cutting off so they can send me a new one, (nothings wrong with it, it just had a nasty fall, and got scratched up lol so i want a new one) but im gonna call them today so they have on record that i called in with in 30 days.
    06-04-08 03:19 PM
    Nice can't even see it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 06:02 PM
    I'm a lil confused.. I read the instructions on the site & it set to "dip" the skin into the soapy water & then "shake" the excess off. But wont there still be enough water/soap combo on it 2 damage the phone?
    06-04-08 07:03 PM
    I'm a lil confused.. I read the instructions on the site & it set to "dip" the skin into the soapy water & then "shake" the excess off. But wont there still be enough water/soap combo on it 2 damage the phone?
    you'll be fine... make sure its not soaking wet. Just dip it in there for a split sec, shake it off and apply. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT TURN YOUR PHONE ON RIGHT AFTER!

The instructions say after 24hrs. I waited about 12hrs.
    Last edited by fraz; 06-05-08 at 10:04 AM.
    06-05-08 08:32 AM
    Interesting, seems like a case or skin I mean that I would actually use.
    06-05-08 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD