I was trying to charge my curve the other day with my garmin nuvi car charger. Both use mini usb ports so I thought it should work. But the charge symbol displayed briefly on the curve then went away. Are we only suppose to use official BB chargers or something?

thanks
    09-29-08 11:50 AM
    IT is best to use the right charger. Cannot always go by the connector, you need to make sure the voltage is correct.
    09-29-08 11:53 AM
    I was trying to charge my curve the other day with my garmin nuvi car charger. Both use mini usb ports so I thought it should work. But the charge symbol displayed briefly on the curve then went away. Are we only suppose to use official BB chargers or something?

thanks
    I know that its annoying because I try to use different chargers for the curve and because they have the same port means nothing.
    09-29-08 12:01 PM
    Car chargers are notoriously unreliable. What you are seeing means the charger can't deliver enough current to charge your device. You didn't hurt your BlackBerry by trying it. Another charger might work. You'll always get your best performance using a wall-charger.
    09-29-08 12:06 PM
    I use a motorola car charger for my curve.
    09-29-08 12:10 PM
    I use a motorola car charger as well..it works just fine...however YMMV
    09-29-08 12:15 PM
    i was under the impression that all mini usb ports chargers supply 5v per the usb specs...
    09-29-08 12:19 PM
    I use a motorola car charger for my curve.
    Same here.
    09-29-08 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD