Hello folks, I am sorry for opening a new thread if this was ever discussed already. I tried search, but no result.
    I just bought two BlackBerry's 9780. One had buttons Y & Z replaced. So my keyboard is not "QWERTY", but qwertz. However pressing Z, puts "Y" on the screen. Will try to replace the phone tomorrow. But thats not what I am writing about, and not what I want you to help me with...

I used to have Blackberry 9000 Bold. Amazing experience And I miss one feature now on the new BB Remember how we could set ANY TYPE of sound notification for IN holster and OUT of Holster mode? If the phone is IN The holster - it means I am not using it, and asked the ICQ for example to make a sound for each new message, but when the phone is OUT of the Holster - I asked the phone to be silent for everything, except the ringtone, because I am already chatting and I don't want ICQ to make sound every time.
    Does the new model really miss this function (or I just have to spend more time searching throught the Preferences menu...) Is it possible to bring it back if it in fact not there?
    03-16-11 02:35 PM
    Yeah, I found one thread with the same issue. But just few responses... nobody else misses the function? it was so cool! Is it possible to install old OS on this BB to have this function back? (eg. the BOLD 9000 OS?)
    03-16-11 02:44 PM
    they do not cooperate now with ICQ? I cant see in the downloads as well...
    maaaan, was it my mistake going back for BB? ( Will post here other "unpleasant findings" during my experience )))
    03-16-11 03:05 PM
    The only OS available for the 9780 for the moment is 6. We're all waiting for 6.1 to come.

ICQ support was dropped sometime ago. Althou I agree ICQ was the best IM ever, Microsoft managed to kill it with half-a$$ed MSN. Almost nobody really uses ICQ now.

Now, let's see, you wanna change your ICQ notification sound? And put whatever you want it? Is that it? Because I can use any MP3, ringtone and voicenote on my device as a notification for anything.

Profiles > Change Sounds & Notifications (scroll down) > Profile Sounds > Instant Messages > ICQ (if it is not in Instant Messages, scroll down to Other Applications).

Do notice that it will only change the settings of the profile you're using at the moment.
    anton_dubai likes this.
    03-16-11 04:23 PM
    Now, let's see, you wanna change your ICQ notification sound? And put whatever you want it? Is that it?
    That's absolutely no it
    I want ICQ to make different sound with different volume when it is IN the Holster and OUT of the Holster...
    I want it to make the "uh oh" sound when it is IN the Holster, and not to make any sounds at all when it is OUT of the pouch.
    SO it is not possible to downgrade the system to 5.0 or smth?

PS: don't worry I already checked it, and if I am wright they removed this feature. Now I like my BB 50% less then before
    Last edited by anton_dubai; 03-17-11 at 04:18 AM.
    03-17-11 04:15 AM
    URGENT! REPLY NOW! I AM HERE AT THE SHOP.
    I can change one BB 9780 to 9700. Will it be possble to put old OS on 9700?
    03-17-11 06:16 AM
    You can only install OS5 or OS6 on a 9700, but I believe the feature you are looking for was only available in OS4.6 on your Bold 9000... so no, you still won't get it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 07:37 AM
    Erm, how about changing ICQ's notification from Out of Hoslter Only to In Holster Only (or something, mine is not in English)?

I think that would solve the problem...

Profiles > Change Sounds & Notifications (scroll down) > Profile Sounds > Instant Messages > ICQ. It's the second buttom.
    03-17-11 10:59 AM
    Yes, this is the only solution for me now with the new Bold. It is ok, will work fine. The previous menu for profiles had more customization options tho (
    anyways...
    03-18-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD