In "Ring Tones/Alerts" I have "Sound in Holster" set to NO but the darn thing still rings after vibrating. This is happening for all types of alerts (calls, PINs, SMS, email, etc.).

I have a Verizon Storm with the 4.7.0.148 operating system.
    09-11-09 01:09 PM
    Your question has been answered in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/hol...ml#post3574069

Then do yourself a favor and figure out the answer instead of bringing up a few month old topic looking for answers amd not liking the ones you get.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 11:03 AM
    Your question has been answered in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/hol...ml#post3574069
    Sorry fella, but my question wasn't answered unless the answer is the darn issue isn't resolved. If that's the case, I think continuing to ask until someone comes up with a fix is rational.

Allow me to restate my problem and maybe you can point me in the right direction.

I want to keep my phone on the "Normal" profile, but I want it to switch to vibrate when holstered.

If I set "Sound in Holster" to "No" and "Vibration" to "In Holster Only" it works.

But here is the problem...

If I switch "Vibration" to "Custom" (which allows me to change the length and count of vibration), the phone will ring after going thru it's vibration sequence.

My OS is .148 and I've confirmed this happens to all alerts (SMS, PIN, email, etc.).

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by ohio_golfer; 09-13-09 at 01:01 PM.
    09-13-09 12:58 PM
    Do you have a blackberry holster or just a generic one?
    I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not but just an idea.
    09-13-09 01:03 PM
    Any reason why you want to keep it on the normal profile, as I have created custom profiles to accomplish want you are trying to do. I know with previous os's this was a known issue not sure if it was fixed by 148 or 151.

09-13-09 01:12 PM
    Any reason why you want to keep it on the normal profile, as I have created custom profiles to accomplish want you are trying to do. I know with previous os's this was a known issue not sure if it was fixed by 148 or 151.

I don't get the option for "Sound in Holster" when creating custom profiles.
    09-13-09 02:03 PM
    I'm happy to say that 5.0.0.323 has solved this issue.
    10-24-09 08:57 PM
    I had the same problem but discovered it only happened for those that I set a custom ringtone for when they called. Some reason that ringtone overrode the profiles and I had to manually go in to change those ones to vibrate in holster
    10-24-09 09:11 PM
    Seems like the problem came back with .328!!!
    10-26-09 08:17 PM
    I have a similar issue with ringing I have it set to loud profile (or anyone that is suppose to ring) it rings once and it will vibrate correctly to what I have it set to. But before it would ring 3-4times. Now it only does it once.
    Can't seem to fix it.

????

10-26-09 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD