Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like the Tour to only vibrate (not vibrate, then ring) in holster, and ring only out of holster. I have set all phone and messaging settings as follows: "Sound in holster" set at NO; "vibrate" set to in holster only. With these settings, while in the holster, both SMS and calls vibrate twice, then ring.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...
    09-30-09 08:18 PM
    Try this for your phone/vibe settings, it works for me:

-Vibration: custom
    -Length: long (so you can feel the Tour's weak vibe)
    -Count: 10
    -In/Out of Holster: in only.

The 10 vibes last longer than your phone will ring before your voice mail will pick up, so it never gets a chance to make a sound after its done ringing.

As for the SMS "vibe then ring", I'm not sure what to do for that because mine works. I use BerryBuzz, and I'm not sure if that changes anything. I have it set to "Sound in Holster" = no, and Vibration is "in holster only."

Hope this helps.
    09-30-09 08:43 PM
    Go under your messaging settings and set that way
    09-30-09 08:48 PM
    You can find it under options>ringtones/alerts
    09-30-09 08:49 PM
    Try this for your phone/vibe settings, it works for me:

-Vibration: custom
    -Length: long (so you can feel the Tour's weak vibe)
    -Count: 10
    -In/Out of Holster: in only.

The 10 vibes last longer than your phone will ring before your voice mail will pick up, so it never gets a chance to make a sound after its done ringing.

As for the SMS "vibe then ring", I'm not sure what to do for that because mine works. I use BerryBuzz, and I'm not sure if that changes anything. I have it set to "Sound in Holster" = no, and Vibration is "in holster only."

Hope this helps.
    This sounds as if it might be the trick. I learned from another post that you must keep the normal vibrate in order to avoid this problem. Thats a bummer if you want different notifications for, example, call vs SMS. However if the vibrate pattern is longer than the ring as you state, it should bypass the ring. Thanks!!

I have berrybuzz too and though maybe that was the problem, but it is just a Tour issue.

Thanks again.
    09-30-09 09:08 PM
    This is a software bug that's been fixed in the .53 update.
    09-30-09 10:16 PM
    This is a tour issue, long time BB user and know how to set up properly but I have had the same issue. Hopeful a software update will fix.
    09-30-09 10:17 PM
    This is a software bug that's been fixed in the .53 update.
    You sir just made my day!
    09-30-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD