I just bought a mini solar charger/external battery hybrid and am having problems with keeping a constant charge with it... Apparently the iPhine 3g and 3gs have the same problem... It has something to do with checking for current supplied through the data pins...

For more info please read the post before mine by "Simon" in the following link...

iPhone 3G Solar Charger | Random Good Stuff

If anyone knows how to do this or know of a site that describes it please post... =]
    Last edited by moon47usaco; 08-12-09 at 06:27 PM.
    08-12-09 06:25 PM
    Or can someone point out a charger that DOES work with the Storm...??
    08-20-09 11:06 AM
    Try the diesel powered charger... Lol, but seriously, try your hand at soldering a few resistors and capacitors into your solar setup! Other than that, idk of any others!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 11:25 AM
    I'd go with the OEM charger that comes with the phone, or order a new one if you lost it. I don't think you'll help save the planet by solar charging your little BB battery.

If you want to do some good for mother earth and even better, the USA, stop buying all the garbage from China. Besides throwing our money into a communist country's economy, your burning up millions of gallons of fuel getting it here.
    08-20-09 12:15 PM
    I have a Solio Magnesium solar charger that I use whenI do cross state bicycle rides, just in case there isn't a power outlet available where we stay(sometimes camp in a tent). I wanted something I could charge up my Storm with in the event of no electricity. My Storm uses a lot of battery power I found out when I have the screen lit all the time with GPS. I found out that even plugged into my vehicle outlet, that the charging would not keep up with the drain of the battery. So, what the solar charger does is charge it's internal battery and then that battery will charge up your phone. Of course keeping the charger battery charged up depends on the amount of sunshine available.
    08-20-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD