...from Seidio. The dust under the screen is driving me crazy. I'm going to try to remove the screen, eliminate the dust, and put it in the case. If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about...

8300 RUBBERIZED COMBO (CASE/HOLSTER) - BD2-HLCSRBB8300-BK

anyone else getting this as well?
    07-29-07 01:46 AM
    I'm getting one. I highly recommend them. I had one for my 8100 and 8800. I've been waiting for this to be released for the 8300.

You should be very happy with it... but not sure this will keep dust from under your screen.
    07-29-07 01:48 AM
    I'm getting one. I highly recommend them. I had one for my 8100 and 8800. I've been waiting for this to be released for the 8300.

You should be very happy with it... but not sure this will keep dust from under your screen.
    has there been a remedy of removing existing dust or preventing future dust for our phones? its driving me mad.
    07-29-07 01:49 AM
    I had dust that collected under my screen and was told by ATT/Cingular that RIM did not cover that under warranty. Want to know how I got them to fix it?
    07-29-07 02:22 PM
    I had dust that collected under my screen and was told by ATT/Cingular that RIM did not cover that under warranty. Want to know how I got them to fix it?
    Oh come on spill it already
    07-29-07 05:40 PM
    so...how did you get them to fix it?
    07-29-07 08:36 PM
    He probably had the device exchanged under a 30 day policy, or some other technical issue...
    07-29-07 09:40 PM
    Sorry but I had to really think about giving this out. I feel like ATT/Cingular screwed me because I was beyond the 30 days but dust under the screen = missing pixels. I work and support bb's in a corporate environment and we have a Verizon and ATT rep. I originally called ATT and they said RIM would not replace my unit because that dust issue was unheard of. My thoughts?... My contract is with ATT... don't tell me what RIM supports. Tell me how you are going to support my issue with a device I only had for 32-33 days.

So I contacted my ATT rep and he told me the same thing RIM said. So I asked him one last time "is that the best support I can get from you".

Well he called me and this is the solution he gave me which I think is for any wireless provider if they are screwing you. Just tell them you are getting a bad signal. Your reception is bad ever since you bought your device. They will try a couple things and tell you to call back in a couple days but give them the same answer. I did that and have a new or refurbished bb curve(next day delivery cause I'm in Dallas and they ship from Ft. Worht here). I was able to stick it back to the man that screwed me. Dust under the screen is unacceptable. Any provider should replace your device if it is collecting dust under the screen. Maybe there should be a bigger protest about this? Because I was not able to get mine replaced without lying. That sucks and I wish I did not have to do that but my ATT rep gave me the only option I had.

Any thoughts or feedback?
    07-29-07 11:39 PM
    I totally understand that some companies make if difficult to get 'service or resolutions' to issues. But, lying to get a device replaced might not be the best solution.

And no, I don't have an alternative at present, I was just saying...
    07-29-07 11:47 PM
    That will get you a new phone (refurb), but won't solve the dust under the screen issue. The solution is not to get a refurb phone every once and a while is the design of the phone itself. When I had the first problem with the moto Q, I looked at it from a design stand point and find that the dust was entering from where the scroll wheel is, and collects as dust bunnies and once u jar it pretty hard the dust gets on the screen. I got my curve and noticed immediatly that there are huge gaps where different parts meet, so I knew that eventually the dust will become a problem, but my plan is to maybe order a new att case from cnn.cn and look at it and maybe insert some of that 3m foam strip type deal at strategic locations in the phone so it will filter out dust as will as adding some solidness to the phone. Don't get me wrong its solid but it can be just a tad heavier and it would be perfect.
    07-30-07 02:44 AM
    Never seen this problem with any other bb models I've supported so definetly a design flaw. Got me the leather holster but if I go out for the night I really don't want to holster it on my belt and it's kinda big to put in your pocket. Probably should have stuck with a cover.
    07-30-07 11:46 AM
    I totally understand that some companies make if difficult to get 'service or resolutions' to issues. But, lying to get a device replaced might not be the best solution.

And no, I don't have an alternative at present, I was just saying...
    These big companies lie to customers all the time, they are constantly finding ways to make money even if it deceives the customer. One person lying about one issue to get another issue resolved is not a big deal, especially since the other issue should be covered under the warranty.
    07-30-07 12:34 PM
    It's 6 of one, half-a-dozen of the other...
    07-30-07 01:09 PM
    If you have a good mobile rep. they can REALLY make life much easier when it comes to exchanges and getting help. There are many "rules" they make flexible. You just have to find the right mobile rep and develop a repour with him/her.
    07-30-07 01:25 PM
    These big companies lie to customers all the time, they are constantly finding ways to make money even if it deceives the customer. One person lying about one issue to get another issue resolved is not a big deal, especially since the other issue should be covered under the warranty.
    LOL, as my mama used to say "if tommy jumped off a bridge, would you have to jump too?" Just because big companies lie is no reason to lie as well. They have to live with themselves. Personally, my motto is not to do anything after which I could not look myself in the mirror, or which I would cringe about when I look back at my actions.
    07-30-07 02:37 PM
    The funny thing is that everyone lies to some degree. You are currently "lying" to yourself if you don't believe that. It's not even the same as jumping off the bridge, that is the stupidest quote, if they stick it to you you still it back is fine with me.
    07-30-07 06:09 PM
    I was just about to buy this case from seidio or the rubberized with holster but its not showing on the website anymore. Does anyone know why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-07 08:56 PM
    these phone companies are legal scam artists themselves. they profit millions if not billions of dollars a year on our "minor discrepancies". so if we have to create a means to get some customer satisfaction then I say HORRAY we came out victorious we are finally fighting back. I'm tired of constantly being screwed by these companies
    08-02-07 09:41 PM
    I have heard really good things about those cases. Unfortunately, they don't make anything for my 7250.
    08-02-07 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD