I cut off the lock and mute button from the silicone piece lol. The case works much better now. Before I did this the phone would lock itself or would not lock at all now it works perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 10:59 AM
    I fixed the same issue I was having with mine also-I sold it and bought an AGF GRT case.

01-21-11 11:12 AM
    I fixed the same issue I was having with mine also-I sold it and bought an AGF GRT case.

Awesome.
    01-21-11 12:31 PM

+1 on that I returned both mine and my sons otterbox and bought us both AGF GRT cases. The sliding mechanism is 10 times better than the otterbox. You shouldn't have to do any modifications to a case. Trust me get a AGF you wont regret it!
    01-21-11 01:47 PM
    Funny, that's exactly what I did. It definitely makes the phone feel solid, but it's not perfect. I mean come on, do all of them have upside down microusb ports?
    01-21-11 03:02 PM
    The only thing i like about the otterbox is the fact that it covers the earphone and charging ports, preventing debris buildup and causing issues later on, but thats just personal preference as you can just use a compressed air can to clean them up. I solved the lock button issue by pushing the plastic tab on top outwards for a while so its less bent towards the inside, therefore reducing pressure a bit.
    01-21-11 04:51 PM
    The only thing i like about the otterbox is the fact that it covers the earphone and charging ports, preventing debris buildup and causing issues later on, but thats just personal preference as you can just use a compressed air can to clean them up. I solved the lock button issue by pushing the plastic tab on top outwards for a while so its less bent towards the inside, therefore reducing pressure a bit.
    True. I liked the Otter, but that constant locking/unlocking was a deal breaker for me. Also, I'm very OCD about my devices, so I dont get debris in the ports. It's really amazing though how much sturdier the slide mechanism is with the AFG, no more wobble at all.
    01-21-11 06:14 PM
    Same problem here and the OB was making the slider loose. I change for a AGF GTR much better!!!!

01-21-11 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD