07-16-09 02:31 PM
38 12
tools
    Mmmmm cradle...
    07-14-09 11:15 PM
    Its wierd that it is on Telus's site for sale (nothing about coming soon), but on Blackberry's own site it isn't availiable yet.
    07-15-09 01:02 PM
    yeah i haven't seen anything anywhere about one
    07-15-09 01:04 PM
    Its wierd that it is on Telus's site for sale (nothing about coming soon), but on Blackberry's own site it isn't availiable yet.
    Telus site does not mention it being for the Tour that I saw...
    07-15-09 01:23 PM
    Why? I think it is a cool and unique way to charge the Storm. I have mine on my bedside table and use it as a clock. Very trim and easy to see at night while still having a low profile. I hope the Storm 2 has a similar cradle...or better yet fits my existing Storm cradle.
    Mostly because I just don't like landscape mode at all, with a few limited exceptions. I'll charge my Curve 8900 in its cradle all the time (it too, automatically switches to the clock), but my Storm will get relegated to the USB cable.

But anyway, back to the Tour
    07-15-09 02:04 PM
    I'm a bit confused...what's the point of spending money on a cradle when all that does is provide another way of charging via the wall outlet? So far I understand it's faster (you don't have to plug it in), and no wear and tear on the USB port (which I didn't even realize was an issue). Am I missing something?

I've never owned a cradle for any phone before and am curious as to why everyone considers this a must-have accessory...because maybe then I'll want one, too!
    For my curve I wanted it because of the USB port failure problem. The less plugging/unplugging I had to do the better.

Now I just like the way it looks and how easy it is to throw it in there.

Just a convenience thing
    07-16-09 10:29 AM
    I'm a bit confused...what's the point of spending money on a cradle when all that does is provide another way of charging via the wall outlet, which we can already do with the included cable? So far I understand it's faster (you don't have to plug it in but rather simply plunk it down), and no wear and tear on the USB port (which I didn't even realize was an issue). Am I missing something?

I've never owned a cradle for any phone before and am curious as to why everyone considers this a must-have accessory...because maybe then I'll want one, too!
    I just like having a place for my phone. That way i always know where i keep it and stuff, and i put on BB light, and have my cradle next to my bed, so that way if i get a text, it still lights up, and if i am awake, i can read it. I guess I'm just OCD and like having a place for my phone to charge, not just on my desk laying down or something.
    07-16-09 12:28 PM
    I'm a bit confused...what's the point of spending money on a cradle when all that does is provide another way of charging via the wall outlet, which we can already do with the included cable? So far I understand it's faster (you don't have to plug it in but rather simply plunk it down), and no wear and tear on the USB port (which I didn't even realize was an issue). Am I missing something?

It makes a wonderful alarm clock that is why I had one for my Pearl, as well being able to quick throw it in the dock for a charge. I really like them.
    07-16-09 12:30 PM

It will significantly reduce the risk of USB port failure, this is probably even more important considering Blackberry's baffling/irritating move to micro-USB on the new Tour. It's definitely more convenient, especially if you use your phone as an alarm clock. The cradle keeps the phone upright so the clock is visible (bedside mode) and the controls are easier to access - i.e. groggily fumbling to shut off the alarm...
    07-16-09 12:31 PM
    It's definitely more convenient, especially if you use your phone as an alarm clock. The cradle keeps the phone upright so the clock is visible (bedside mode) and the controls are easier to access - i.e. groggily fumbling to shut off the alarm...
    That's what I did with my Storm (shudder) and I plan on doing the same thing with my Tour!
    07-16-09 12:47 PM
    I want to get TWO of them. Just dropping it in the cradle for charging is super easy and I want to use as an alarm clock at home. And at work I like my BB to be standing up so I can see my notifications. it's much easier to pick it up without a cord attached and respond to the notification.
    07-16-09 12:48 PM
    I want to get TWO of them. Just dropping it in the cradle for charging is super easy and I want to use as an alarm clock at home. And at work I like my BB to be standing up so I can see my notifications. it's much easier to pick it up without a cord attached and respond to the notification.
    I"ll get two also. One for my office and one for my bedside. I've even thought about a 3rd one for my kitchen/living room.
    07-16-09 01:00 PM
    I"ll get two also. One for my office and one for my bedside. I've even thought about a 3rd one for my kitchen/living room.
    Haha...I wasn't going to admit to wanting 3...but since you started, truth be told I would also like one for the kitchen desk area.
    07-16-09 02:31 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD