06-02-08 10:53 PM
29 12
tools
    I have a case identical to this one:
    Mobi Products Crystal Case for BlackBerry 8300 Series - ShopCrackBerry

The darn thing is driving me nuts. Anytime I need to open it, I have to track down a jeweler's screwdriver or similar implement. I absolutely cannot open it myself! So anytime some dust gets under it, or anytime I need to pop out the battery, I have to go hunt down a way to open the case.

Does anyone else have this problem? Are there clear cases that DON'T have this issue?
    04-08-08 12:42 AM
    The Otterbox case is NOT clear but the pieces are held together by a silicone rubber outer arrangement. It stretches over the two clam shell type pieces. Still not as simple as a battery pull without anything in the way. I use the Soft-Reset program to avoid the battery pull.
    04-08-08 12:54 AM
    once you open them up a couple of times, it will loosen up, enough for you to open it without the help of a screwdriver

i broke my nails lol
    04-08-08 12:54 AM
    It's either break the nails, or break the case, right?!

Hmm, I'm looking at the Otterbox page...they're not as big and clunky as I was imagining.
    04-08-08 12:57 AM
    The Seidio rubberized hard cases are also relatively easy to open without too much force or fear of breakage. People are right, though, these things do loosen up a bit after they've been off and on a few times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-08 06:48 AM
    Pretty easy to open them I have the hardcase for the pearl and its pretty straight forward just need to open it on the right end.

04-08-08 06:52 AM
    I don't want it to be too easy to open, doesn't that mean the protection is weaker?

I bought a form fit case from ShopCrackberry last night. It's not clear, so I'll only see my skin if I take the case off, but at least doing so won't require a hammer!

04-08-08 08:09 AM
    It's either break the nails, or break the case, right?!

Hmm, I'm looking at the Otterbox page...they're not as big and clunky as I was imagining.
    Wait 'till you see one, in person. You will reverse that thought.
    04-08-08 09:52 AM
    Those things look huge and clunky as **** but they were designed for a specific crowd wanting MAX protection for their device.
    04-08-08 03:57 PM
    I have a Spek Crystal case looks alot like yours but no need for screwdrivers its awsome it keeps my crackberry the same size it is clear so i can watch all my kick *** vids their is no reason you should ever take your bb out of their if you have enough gigs on your card
    04-08-08 04:26 PM
    I also have the Speck hard clear case and the BSE skin. Dropped it several times and my Curve is still undamaged.
    04-15-08 12:37 AM
    I also have the Speck case, my friend got it for me for 10 bucks at a T- Mobile store. I love it!!
    04-15-08 01:07 AM
    I also have the speck case. I have dropped my phone a few times and this case has saved my @$$! I like the feel of the phone without it but only take it out at home.
    04-15-08 02:26 AM
    Also a Speck case with a BSE.

On a side note, I was bothered by the lack of a magnet to put the BB into standby (I always forgot to do it manually) so one day out of sheer boredom I took one of the kajillion magnets from the fridge, drilled a hole slightly smaller than the magnet, and pressed the magnet into it. The magnet is in very tight and countersunk on both sides. Now I am happy.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-30-08 at 02:15 AM.
    04-15-08 03:29 PM
    I bought a clear hard case from ebay - not only was it a pain to open, the third time i dropped it the thing broke into 2. O well, the phone was fine so I guess the $10 was a small price to pay.

Havent had a case since and so far so good
    04-15-08 03:54 PM
    The Seidio rubberized hard cases are also relatively easy to open without too much force or fear of breakage. People are right, though, these things do loosen up a bit after they've been off and on a few times.

I just got one of these off E-bay, what a waste of money IMO.
    I already had a hard, plastic case I paid about $5 for off E-bay for but wanted a "rubber" feel for more grip. This Seidio case is the same, damn thing with just a rubber surface over it and they charge like $30!! I saved about $5 on E-bay but still don't thing it's worth the $$. Buyers beware!!
    04-22-08 04:41 PM
    damn cuz...u need to cop a skin lOl
    04-22-08 07:40 PM
    Just took me half an hour to get my crystal case off ! Broken thumb nail and the only thing that worked was a flat head screw driver. Be careful, you could damage the blackberry that way. Time to move up to the otterbox me thinks !
    04-27-08 11:50 AM
    I have a case identical to this one:
    Mobi Products Crystal Case for BlackBerry 8300 Series - ShopCrackBerry

The darn thing is driving me nuts. Anytime I need to open it, I have to track down a jeweler's screwdriver or similar implement. I absolutely cannot open it myself! So anytime some dust gets under it, or anytime I need to pop out the battery, I have to go hunt down a way to open the case.

Does anyone else have this problem? Are there clear cases that DON'T have this issue?
    Thank you! I thought it was just me. I have my 8830 in a seidio case because I am a klutz and keep dropping my 8830. But I am with you when it comes to removing the case and when I put the case back on it never quite fits the same way. I am considering just sticking the bb in my pocket.
    04-29-08 08:46 PM
    i have siedo hybrid. me liky.
    04-29-08 09:13 PM
    @amazinglygraceless: where do you place the magnet on your Blackberry to put it to sleep? Is it on top or the bottom or the fron or back?

05-01-08 09:42 PM
    @amazinglygraceless: where do you place the magnet on your Blackberry to put it to sleep? Is it on top or the bottom or the fron or back?

you would have to have the magnet cover the two copper looking pieces by the battery door release
    05-01-08 11:30 PM

Look at the photos in my first post and you'll see the magnet in the holster. When I put the BB in it makes contact with that and puts the unit in sleep mode.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-02-08 at 05:52 AM.
    05-02-08 05:29 AM
    OK I SEE EVERYBODY HAS MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT THESE CRYSTAL CASES, FOR I TOO CURRENTLY HAVE ONE (E-BAY PURCHASE), I THINK IT IS ALRIGHT. HOWEVER, I DUNNO IF IT'S THIS PARTICULAR ONE BUT AFTER A FEW MONTHS OF SELDOMLY TAKING IT OFF (SOME TIMES I LIKE HER CLEAN), I NOTICED THAT AT THE TOP RIGHT CORNER, THE THIN RUBBER LINING THAT SURROUNDS THE PHONE, STARTS PEELING OFF, HAS ANY ONE ELSE WHO USES A CRYSTAL CASE HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM?
    Last edited by mynameismatrix; 05-29-08 at 06:27 PM.
    05-29-08 06:25 PM
    I haven't had any problem with my Seidio hybrid case (which snaps together). It was pretty easy to put it on or to remove the case. Pretty solid case all around if you ask me.
    05-29-08 06:27 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD