07-19-11 11:38 AM
461 ... 56789 ...
tools
    The case does tend to dim the keyboard illumination a bit but I think it is tolerable. The skin seems to make it easier to type because you get a better grip on the keys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 08:34 PM
    How is it regarding attracting lint and is it pocketable. Thanks

01-11-09 08:56 PM
    How is it regarding attracting lint and is it pocketable. Thanks

I have mine in my pocket most of the time without any problems. As previously stated, I think the black one shows the dust more than any other color but I would like to see some feedback from others with other colors to prove my theory. I really do not have a problem with lint either.

01-11-09 10:40 PM
    it does attract dust and lint, but i think its much easier to take off then your regular skin...

this skin cleans up easy and doesnt seem weird after you clean it... i dont know how to explain it but most silicon skins ive had when i cleaned it would be smooth again? and attract even more dust...

where is the smart would stay the same texture and still very soft soo far
    01-11-09 11:09 PM
    I just ordered mine in black. I was sold on how much protection it offers.
    01-12-09 12:43 AM
    After using the case for a couple of days, i find that the laser cut keyboard dims out the light way too much. I can hardly see some of the keys at night hence the reason why the skin is now off the phone
    01-12-09 04:28 AM
    Yeah, mine suppose to come on thursday, i might be doing a video review on it.
    01-12-09 04:35 AM
    I can see my keys in the dark with no problem. Yes, the skin does block some of the light but not enough that I can't read the keys.

01-12-09 07:38 AM
    i am enjoying this case, but the rubber seems to retain odors. I work at a restaurant so the case smells like my clothes after a long shift. i have been spraying cologne on it and that seems to be helping alot. i hate taking it out of the case to put on the charging pod. i have been just plugging it in without using the pod, which sucks.
    01-12-09 10:16 AM
    i am enjoying this case, but the rubber seems to retain odors. I work at a restaurant so the case smells like my clothes after a long shift. i have been spraying cologne on it and that seems to be helping alot. i hate taking it out of the case to put on the charging pod. i have been just plugging it in without using the pod, which sucks.
    Someone in this forum had suggested cutting out the area where the charging contacts are for the desktop charger. I never tried this myself because I do not think the Bold will fit in the charger with the skin on anyway but if you are feeling brave, perhaps you could modify the skin so you can dock your bold in the desktop charger with the skin on.
    01-12-09 10:52 AM
    that wont work, the case looks too thick for that
    01-12-09 10:54 AM
    Someone in this forum had suggested cutting out the area where the charging contacts are for the desktop charger. I never tried this myself because I do not think the Bold will fit in the charger with the skin on anyway but if you are feeling brave, perhaps you could modify the skin so you can dock your bold in the desktop charger with the skin on.
    That is true, the phone does not fit in the charger with the case on

01-12-09 10:55 AM
    anyone have pics of the purple or white one?
    01-12-09 10:57 AM
    order my skin almost two weeks ago off ebay and I'm still waiting on it...is this the average time it takes to get it????
    01-12-09 11:12 AM
    ordered mine from ebay and got it in less than a week
    01-12-09 12:09 PM
    Someone else started a new thread in the Bold 9000 forum about a review for the case mate smart skin.

01-12-09 09:48 PM
    The "white" case is actually silver.It adds a bit of bulk but as far as protection,it's excellent.
    01-13-09 01:00 AM
    The "white" case is actually silver.It adds a bit of bulk but as far as protection,it's excellent.
    The case mate site shows a silver colored skin for the curve but a white one for the Bold. Is there a difference? It's difficult to tell by the pictures.
    01-13-09 01:02 PM
    I received mine yesterday (black) and am very unimpressed. There is very little light showing through the keyboard protector so it is difficult to read in the dark. Plus the trackball is very recessed in to the case, so you can't scroll very far. I requested an RMA this morning in hopes they will accept it.
    01-13-09 01:11 PM
    Just received mine and its great!! Love the feel but not too crazy about the screen protecter as if u dont get on the first time, well ur getting a ton of lint into it. Or atleast more than u may want. Over all very content
    01-13-09 04:39 PM
    The screen protector is tricky to install but just make sure you have the screen real clean and it should go on smoothly. I think they give you a few just in case...
    01-13-09 11:44 PM
    I received mine yesterday (black) and am very unimpressed. There is very little light showing through the keyboard protector so it is difficult to read in the dark. Plus the trackball is very recessed in to the case, so you can't scroll very far. I requested an RMA this morning in hopes they will accept it.
    I eventually got adjusted to the trackball with the skin on as well as others. After a while, it just becomes second nature.
    01-14-09 12:05 PM
    still waiting......
    01-14-09 12:20 PM
    unless you work outdoors or are a construction worker, I see no point to buying ANY bulky ugly case to cover up such a lovely device.
    01-14-09 12:24 PM
    I'm going to stick with my Seidio case, it's fairly thin but does the job at keeping the BB protected from everyday bumps and scratches.
    01-14-09 12:29 PM
461 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD