07-19-11 11:38 AM
461 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Soft case.
    01-08-09 02:36 AM
    Besides the basic generic skin and the highly discussed case-mate smart skin, are there other skins available for the Bold?
    The only other kind I found was at an AT&T store. It was a basic silicon skin but had a detachable clip on the back of it. I think it was selling for $19.99. I really thought it was thin like the generic skin and offered little protection.
    01-08-09 06:03 AM
    Bought the case-mate smart skin, love it, but had a hard time finding a case (with belt clip) that would fit it, finally found one after 4 major stores, it's the Roots RPDA4, just Google it, it fits perfectly!
    01-08-09 01:06 PM
    Bought the case-mate smart skin, love it, but had a hard time finding a case (with belt clip) that would fit it, finally found one after 4 major stores, it's the Roots RPDA4, just Google it, it fits perfectly!
    So you use the other case as a "holster?"
    Any problems so far?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 02:22 PM
    does it use a magnet?
    01-08-09 03:31 PM
    does it use a magnet?
    Yes Magnet, so it goes to sleep mode
    01-08-09 04:50 PM
    Did anyone else receive a privacy screen protector with their case mate skin?
    When I received my order, I also got the screen proector and privacy guard too. Not sure if that was a mistake or not.

01-09-09 01:09 AM
    I received a screen protector with mine
    01-09-09 01:21 AM
    just ordered mine.. in purple! yay! can't wait for it to come in thanks for sharing the link!
    01-09-09 02:41 AM
    i was thinkin about getting this, but i guess ill check around for some reviews
    01-09-09 03:07 AM
    i was thinkin about getting this, but i guess ill check around for some reviews
    Plenty of positive feedback in this forum.
    Any questions or concerns? Ask away...

01-09-09 09:25 AM
    Did anyone else receive a privacy screen protector with their case mate skin?
    When I received my order, I also got the screen proector and privacy guard too. Not sure if that was a mistake or not.

I only recieved the basic screen protector. Looks like you may have lucked out by receiving a privacy guard also.

Also, just to clarify for folks about the screen protector since several have been asking about this. A seperate, clear, "peel & stick" screen protector comes with the case that has to be applied to the phone to protect the screen. There is no screen protection built into the case. The case has an open cut out for the screen and if you don't apply the screen protector that comes with the case (or another of your choosing), your screen will be naked.

Also just to chime in on other things: I don't find that the case makes the phone bulky at all. It is made of a soft rubbery material that provides good grip and protects the phone well. I agree with others on the ease of typing on the keyboard - it really does seem easier, especially one handed typing. Also, I don't find the trackball difficult to use. It does take a little getting used to, but once I used it a few days, I don't notice any issues. Honestly, I don't work for case-mate, but I know a good case when I see it and I have tried many cases for my Bold and (so far) this is the best one I have used in my history of cell phone use. It just fits my needs perfectly. Hope those who order it enjoy it as much as I do.
    01-09-09 12:57 PM
    I only recieved the basic screen protector. Looks like you may have lucked out by receiving a privacy guard also.

Also, just to clarify for folks about the screen protector since several have been asking about this. A seperate, clear, "peel & stick" screen protector comes with the case that has to be applied to the phone to protect the screen. There is no screen protection built into the case. The case has an open cut out for the screen and if you don't apply the screen protector that comes with the case (or another of your choosing), your screen will be naked.

Also just to chime in on other things: I don't find that the case makes the phone bulky at all. It is made of a soft rubbery material that provides good grip and protects the phone well. I agree with others on the ease of typing on the keyboard - it really does seem easier, especially one handed typing. Also, I don't find the trackball difficult to use. It does take a little getting used to, but once I used it a few days, I don't notice any issues. Honestly, I don't work for case-mate, but I know a good case when I see it and I have tried many cases for my Bold and (so far) this is the best one I have used in my history of cell phone use. It just fits my needs perfectly. Hope those who order it enjoy it as much as I do.
    I could not have said that any better.

Thank you!

01-09-09 05:26 PM
    Dr. Bold:
    I know you have been waiting patiently for yours. Did you get it yet?

01-10-09 09:55 AM
    nope, not yet. US to Canada shipping can take time, especially when it's free. If it arrives next week I'll be very happy.
    01-10-09 10:37 AM
    Has anyone that has this noticed the #1 being dimmer than the rest of the numbers. seems either not quite lined up or not as transparent.
    01-10-09 02:33 PM
    Has anyone that has this noticed the #1 being dimmer than the rest of the numbers. seems either not quite lined up or not as transparent.
    I just noticed that . But still not a deal breaker for me, and still the best case for my needs.
    01-10-09 03:02 PM
    I really don't mind to take it out every night, so I always take it out when I stay at home.
    How easy is it to take out and put on? The standard silicone skin is a breeze...how does this compare?
    01-10-09 03:03 PM
    How easy is it to take out and put on? The standard silicone skin is a breeze...how does this compare?
    takes me no more then 10 seconds
    01-10-09 03:06 PM
    takes me no more then 10 seconds
    Thanks...that sounds reasonable to do every night/morning for the pod charger.
    01-10-09 03:19 PM
    I noticed that when I first got it. I think it's just a slight design flaw, since if you kind of "slide" the front of the skin to the right a little bit, the 1 brightens up. I can't blame them for this though, since the 1 is just a thin vertical line so I would imagine it was tough for them to design/manufacture it perfectly.

I ordered my case from eBay on Wednesday and got it yesterday, which I was quite happy about (free shipping from California to Connecticut too!).

I've only had it the last day or so, but I like it a lot so far. I like carrying it in my pocket but I wanted some protection. It's not bulky at all.

I found that it does attract some dirt/lint/dust/whatever, but it doesn't really take away from it. Most of it can easily be wiped off with your hand/shirt/cloth/etc.

Taking some compressed air to it really cleans it up though, since there are lots of tiny crevices where dust can build up. It's like new with a quick air cleaning.
    01-10-09 03:44 PM
    I have the black skin which shows the dust more than any other color. I bet the white one "hides" the dust better but probably shows the dirt more.
    Anyone have the white skin & can offer some feedback?

01-10-09 05:13 PM
    Hang in there Dr. Bold, it will be worth the wait.

01-10-09 11:19 PM
    Anyone have the smart skin in another color beside black?
    If you do, please post some feedback and some pictures would be appreciated as well.
    Thanks!
    01-11-09 12:21 PM
    at night this case is not the best.. the keyboard lights are at lease 50 percent dimmer than a naked Bold.. seems I find myself using it in the day.. and a more sleek formal Bold at night..
    waiting on my Black Out set from Cnn.. then my Bold will look pretty much the same all the time..
    01-11-09 12:30 PM
461 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD